Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

And no, no anti/virus is loaded. And am using the wasabi event plug in. The DaC sounds darned good!

The name Wyred4Sound popped up again and again when I was doing my research on DACs...apparently one of the best DACs in business today...Did you buy the one on sale in this forum or from elsewhere?

Even I just hooked up my old Dell laptop with similar config to play digital formats...feeds into a MF VDAC -> MF X10D -> Amp...

manav - maybe you can partition your disk and load two OS. One for your office work, and another dedicated to music, slimmed down.

The name Wyred4Sound popped up again and again when I was doing my research on DACs...apparently one of the best DACs in business today...Did you buy the one on sale in this forum or from elsewhere?

Even I just hooked up my old Dell laptop with similar config to play digital formats...feeds into a MF VDAC -> MF X10D -> Amp...

Bought the W4S from Vinay on the forum itself.

manav - maybe you can partition your disk and load two OS. One for your office work, and another dedicated to music, slimmed down.

I have kept the laptop only for music... nothing else. the office suite is there, just in case I need to check some files off the net, while at home....

(I sometimes, don't carry my Macbook Pro back home).

its been a while now since the R's were put into the chain... and now that my reference cartridge has burned in... the results are absolutely spectacular!

i am amazed at the amazing amount of detail, prat, dynamics, and the humungous soundstage! it is uncanny... on one Ramsey lewis recording the drummer gets up and drums on the studio walls... i got startled to hear the sound emanating from the side walls!

these speakers are fantabulous... and the Accuphase is a worthy amp for them! i am glad i did not go mad trying to get a really bad deal to work for me when i was considering the Canasya's...

and Bhagwan, thanks once again for the speakers! these are not going anywhere for a long, long time... and neither is the Accuphase E460!

Btw, 2 FM's have heard their magic - cyber vinay and rbalagopalan! I hope you guys put in your impressions!

Aha so this is your setup Malvai! Just read through the entire thread :) Very nice :) I have a feeling the speakers will be very nice trance and electronic genre performers.

Why donchya hop over to Malvai's place for a hear? Hez in Gurgaon too. My laziness and a weather-beaten vehicle that I possess ... stopping me to visit the long-distance Gur Gaon ... :indifferent14:

Aha so this is your setup Malvai! Just read through the entire thread :) Very nice :) I have a feeling the speakers will be very nice trance and electronic genre performers.

100 % correct;
They play psy very well indeed.
Performed rather well @ my place with GAD's [at that point in time] !

On sunday, I had rbalagopalan from Chennai, over at my place. The listening session lasted about 4-5 hours... we played all sorts of stuff from hindi film music (Dilli 6) to Beatles (Abbey Road) to Madonna (True Blue), to Hard Rock (Led Zep) to Country Rock (eagles) to Electronic (M83) to Jazz (Diana Krall)...

these speakers did EVERYTHING very well!

They did require a lot of tweaking while set up but now, they just sound outstanding no matter what you throw at 'em!

Last edited:
Sounds like the speaker plays my kind of genres :D

I'll drop in one of these days, will let you know well in advance =) do you have any usb dac or something?

Sounds like the speaker plays my kind of genres :D

I'll drop in one of these days, will let you know well in advance =) do you have any usb dac or something?

you are most welcome to come over... next weekend, perhaps? and yes i do have a USB dac.

Spent a great evening at Manav's place today....Let me start by saying that Manav has a wonderful vinyl collection of music of various genres but I was pleasantly surprised to see a lovely collection of bossa nova which I love very much......

The Resurrection speakers powered by the Accuphase E-460 sound superb and extremely musical....I was surprised at the tight, precise bass coming out of the 6.5 inch driver as well as the clarity and instrument separation....I thought the speakers were superb all rounders as it played all kinds of music wonderfully....we played Stan Getz, Frank Sinatra with Jobim, Chic, The Eagles, Peter Gabriel and Fleetwood Mac...the system just had me tapping my foot the whole time....
The resolution, clarity and separation of instruments was superb and I would recommend every one to go and take a listen...again the Accuphase E-460 was a major contributor to the superb sound and I don't think Manav would be upgrading anything over the next few years....

Hey Manav,

One of these days, i would also like to visit you to audition your speakers. I would want to carry along the lyrita integre two amp which i have borrowed from Viren sir. I have been trying to experiment with a single driver - super tweeter sound these days so i guess it would be an enriching experience with your speakers. Please let me know if we can do this sometime. I can get my hendrix lps as well. Those have a divine sq.

Cheers
Kartick

Hey Manav,

lyrita integre two amp to experiment with a single driver - super tweeter sound
Kartick

Sir,
May I ask what is the Power Handling on that Amplifier ?
The Resurrection is a rather inefficient loudspeaker @ 85 to 88 dB Sensitivity & will need 50 watts of power at least to be driven....

All the Best with your demo / experiment - do take some pictures & post. Shall be appreciated....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back