Resurrection Speakers from Italy via Bhagwan

malvai

Banned
Banned
Hi guys,

the speakers have been in for a week now!

Those of you who have been following the speakers on another thread know of them... this of you who don't, look up "Your Loudspeaker History"

I have been a wee bit unhappy about using my B&W 801 S3 Matrix speakers in my small listening room for a while.

While in Mumbai, I had them in my largish living room, where they war absolutely wonderful. But in Gurgaaon, I had no option other than using them in a small listening room as the wifey did not want my audiophile taking over the living room. I conceded as she is one helluva understanding wife when it come to my hobby.

However, the speakers while still wonderful, did not cut ice with the perfectionist side of me. The room being small, did not allow them to breathe as much as i wanted.

By nature, i want things just right.

This was not just right...

So, over period of 14-15 months, i had to convince myself about letting these go for something new.

But what would that 'new' be?

So over the last 14 months, i had been silently auditioning... from offering from ZU (like 'em, but found them tuned to rooms that are woody and not concrete like ours in India) to Harbeths (loved every Harbeth I met), to Ascendo ( loved the models upwards of C8, but found them toooooo expensive and not doing things far too little upwards of what the B&W was already doing, while the cheaper stuff from them was truly nothing special.... the Harbeth's were waaaaay better)...

Then in the afore mentioned thread, i got to know of the Resurrection... Soon after, I found myself in Mumbai, auditioning them. And I Loved them. Bhagwan actually took me to another friend's place where we sampled the euro 65k Kaiser Kuwero as well and I found that the Resurrection came pretty close despite its way modest price.

It also seemed to be better than any of the speakers in my consideration set, mentioned earlier...

and better by a fair fair margin, i may add!

some doubts
After committing to buy, I was still in doubt because I heard the speakers on heavy-duty Cadence Canasya Monoblocks... I felt that maybe my Accuphase E460 integrated might not be able to handle the speakers with equal finnese and ease...

The sound in Mumbai
In mumbai, we had the Cadence Cansya Monoblocks + Audio Reasearch Sp 17(??) preamp. The sound was bold. Though, not brutish. Very detailed and very very appealing. I was hooked. Moe so because despite the 51/2 inch woofer digging really deep into the LF's! Unbelievable it was!

The Sound in Delhi/Gurgaon
The Accuphase E 460 presented a politer perspective. The upfront bold sound was not there. That, though, does not mean that the sound was restrained in any way....
The detail was just as good and so was the LF response. The mids were equivalent too. But, the legendary Accuphase tonal quality simply shone through these extremely detailed, transparent speakers!

In short, I DO NOT NEED TO UPGRADE MY AMP NYTIME SOON!

All in all, i am one happy camper!

Here are some pics of the Resurrection's in my room:

Last edited:
manav

The speakers look beautiful. The turntable and amplifier look beautiful. I'm sure the whole set up sounds beautiful too! I hope you enjoy them for a while and refrain from succumbing to the upgrade bug anytime soon :)

Did you score any monsoon bonanza's in Daryaganj on your vinyl buying trip?

Congratulations Sir !

You have purchased a super product @ super price !
I am happy that you are 'satisfied' !

It was important to me that the 'R' went to a person's house that understood & appreciated what the 'R' could do.

Some small pointers;

a]
The ADT Woofer is 6.5 Inch - Italian [Vapour Deposited Titanium]
b]
The Ribbon is BEE - Alain Bernard [Ex-Raven Designer] - French

You may need to ensure that the centre of the ribbon & the centre of the woofer are one above the other.
The Ribbon module may be moved back & forth until you get the 'time alignment' in place - it will depend on how far you sit from the speakers.

All the Best !

Enjoy your music.

p.s. Do take a few more pictures - better camera & post.
Cable details etc
:p

p.s.s. What have you decided on the Cable front ?

Ajay - you may want to go for a listen - just for the Jazz - ND is not that far - when you visit ND, do try and drop in to 'M's place...

Congrats Manav. Very happy that it all worked out to your satisfaction.

Congratulations Malvai.

There are many such unknown gems. I am happy that you get to own and enjoy one of them.

Here, the 'R' was mated with an Audio Aero Prestige Signature Player & Hovland HP-100 & Cadence Canasya - also sounded very 'royal' !
I actually liked this sound a lot;

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cables were a 'weak' link here - this same room got the Kaiser later...

Very nice looking rig you got there and am sure it is nice-sounding too. Happy for you Manav :). Need to plan a trip to NCR/Delhi to listen to yours, avid's and cybervinay's system. Soon!

Congrats. These are beautiful speakers. I was planning to buy them when the topic came up in the other thread but you won the race.

Nice setup. Nice to know that it has good synergy with your amp. I was afraid that the bass could be overwhelming in your room but it's good that it's working out just fine.

Nice setup. Nice to know that it has good synergy with your amp. I was afraid that the bass could be overwhelming in your room but it's good that it's working out just fine.

You could be right here about the bass. This is with a 6.5" mid-woofer. My TL has a 5.25" one and the bass is wholesome in a 270 sq. ft. listening space.

Congrats. These are beautiful speakers. I was planning to buy them when the topic came up in the other thread but you won the race.

This is 'news' for me - how come I never knew of this intent ?
What do you use ? Speaker & Amplifier.
I also have a Manger 103.3 for sale if it would interest you;;

This is 'news' for me - how come I never knew of this intent ?
What do you use ? Speaker & Amplifier.
I also have a Manger 103.3 for sale if it would interest you;;

I had discussed about them in the other thread, i guess. Maybe that i forgot to write my thoughts. :)

Instead of highjacking this thread, i'll send you a pm.

Congrats, Malvai! Those speakers manage to look beautiful and look like they mean business, at the same time.

You have some really nice kit! To put it a bit crudely, "Dat Amp"! :D

Enjoy!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back