Review: Krypton Audio K-100B TL Speakers

Hari would you be able to share what crossover design you have used here? Is it the same First Order concept that we talked about?

2nd order is easy to work out & phase can be corrected easily by changing speaker polarity at CO point.I think Hari has done the same.

Heard the K-100B TL's with Paper Cone Drivers @ 2 places yesterday

First place, they were paired to FM Satyaki's Lyrita Audio 2A3 Amp & Project 1 Expression iii TT.

Observations:
The Speakers were paired with a Tube Amp for the first time & the synergy was great! Though Hari was skeptical about pairing a mere 3 watt amp with his 90 DB Speakers, I felt that the amp drove them well without getting strained & the music produced was silky smooth, mellow & highly enjoyable. The details were all well presented, with vocals really excelling. A good pairing in a small to medium room. Ideal for someone who likes to listen to jazz/classical/blues music at a low/moderate volume.

Second Place , they were paired with FM Surrealistsix Hypex 400W Class D Amp & Prism Orpheus DAC + Pre.

Observations:
The Speakers paired with the Hypex Class D Amp was great too. Even with high volumes, the speakers did not shriek or stutter, gave very good imaging, instruments separation & depth. In fact FM Surrealistix likened them to the Usher BE-718's, which were his earlier speakers. His observations were that the highs were rolled off & he wanted more oomph in the bottom end.
I for one liked the presentation as is :)

BTW, his Prism Orpheus DAC is good.

Last edited:
90db on the 2a3's should be relatively ok to drive, I myself was surprised how the 2a3 managed to make my d8's sound almost the best I've heard out of them.

Nice to know the TL's manage to play well on both class a and class d amps.

What speakers does FM surrealistsix use presently?

This was the first time I heard the Krypton Audio TL BS speakers and was deeply impressed by the performance of the speakers. As Denom has described, it has a silky smooth sound with a great presence with vocals and fantastic imaging. Hari has been able to develop a very good crossover and you feel that in the coherence of the sound.

In addition to SS amps, I believe these speakers would sound great with a push pull tube amp.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back