Review: Krypton Audio K-100B TL Speakers

Hi Mr.Hari,

I read this entire thread only today, and I should first congratulate you on your attempt at developing this speaker with much success. I suggest Mumbai FMs can organise a meet wherein they can try this with various entry level amps like CA, Marantz, NAD and give a collective review.

I may pick up this speaker one day, but only after completing my tube pre.

N.Murali

Mumbai Hi-Fi meet is planned around mid-December this year and will be showcasing this speaker at the meet there. There are plans for a Pune meet too (do not know the dates) and will be more than happy to demo the speakers there too.

Any plans to showcase the speakers at Chennai? We can organise a meet at Chennai too.

Mr.Hari,

You can contact Mr.Praveen of Vipul Audio Tech, Chennai, he may be interested, his contact no is 9941476667.

PS : I do not have any commercial interest in this proposal, just responding to your post.

N.Murali

@murali-was about to suggest the same...
@hari-praveen is quite a nice person to deal with(this is from an customer point of view!)and i hope he becomes the chennai stockist for krypton audio labs :p

Hari, this is a hobby or a profession (or part of profession) ?

In both cases great job.
Would love to listen to the speakers.

@murali-was about to suggest the same...
@hari-praveen is quite a nice person to deal with(this is from an customer point of view!)and i hope he becomes the chennai stockist for krypton audio labs :p

Hi Metalmickey & Muralin,

I spoke to him abt the same today...Only then he updated me that you have spoke to him abt this a few mins back....So Praveen asked me to pass on the details to him, i also sent him his contact details to Hari thru PM :eek:hyeah:

After that i saw this thread updated with this info :clapping:

So if all goes well, we will have a dealer in Chennai for ATL FS/BS range....:yahoo: & if i like it, i will go for them which will replace my wharfedale diamond 9.2's.....:)

zlb61s.jpg

For those who have heard the speaker, a little curious.. what is the effect placing the tweeter below the woofer, specifically on sound-stage and hf extension. Also, when listening, was the speaker placed at a height so that the tweeter was at ear level, or was the woofer at ear level?

Apologies if the questions have already been answered and I missed them.

tweeter below the woofer is a combo used in all high priced speakers. Supposed to give a better sound dispertion and to even out the sound "lobe" over the listening area. Most PSB high end, dynaudios etc.. sport this config.

mpw

One odd thing, If tweeter below woofer is definitely a better design, then why is it not used in entry level stuff? Cost definitely does not seem to be a factor.

It's not a matter or better or worse.

It's just a design type. There are certain certain advantages as well as certain disadvantages.

It's like type A / type B. Not type A vs type B.

I guess here the woofer is placed above to account for the length of the Acoustic transmission line

I guess here the woofer is placed above to account for the length of the Acoustic transmission line

Absolutely correct!

Also, when I heard the speakers, they were placed in such a way that the Tweeter was almost at ear level, no proper stands available you see. These speakers do have wide soundstage none the less. Whether it is due to driver placement or such, I have no clue.

I think if the tweeter is below the woofer, you will need to use additional compensation in the cross-over due to increase in the high freq by the baffle. Hence cross-over components will increase adding to the cost. If not compensated the speaker will be very bright which could mask the mid-range and the low ends making the sound stage harsh and fatigue prone.

Hari would you be able to share what crossover design you have used here? Is it the same First Order concept that we talked about?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back