Review: Krypton Audio K-100B TL Speakers

Somewhat ...... not exactly.
I meant to use a smaller rectangle (black coloured) grill than the bigger speaker (face) rectangle, that covers only the drivers. The top edge, side 'wooden' edges and the lower remains of the speaker have to be bare. The polished wood has to show there.

The way you described it, the first thing that came to my mind was this :) I too like how the grill covers just the drivers and reveals the rest of the facade.

grilled.jpg

Last edited:
good effort hari. I am sure as time rolls on and sales happen - the finish will be even better.

Improvement is a continuous path. Never ends.

Enjoy the journey.

rgds,
mpw

Cloth grills should also have been in white. Black cloth grills are not doing justice.

I will opt for black any day.

the contrast of the black drivers and the net looks fab on the white panel. You need to look at them rather than the images. I am a poor photographer.

Yeah might be the case of poor images. In actual I am sure the paint and the finishing must be looking great.

P.S - Pls check your gmail inbox, I have left some queries.

Ok .... you cannot drill holes on the face. Thats why you are forced to have the holes @ corners of the face. There could be another way of doing it. Paste small circular magnets around the driver edges. Two for the mid-woofer and two below. Attach matching magnets on to the grill, obviously the opposite poles .. :). The black grill exposing the white area on the face should look stunning. You may also shape the grill as a trapezium or rounded at the top (bigger) and bottom (smaller).

Was @ Hari's place this afternoon, to have a look & listen to the White Colour Aluminium Composite Paneled Speakers that he has readied & then also did a quick Paper VS Kevlar Cone Driver 'Hot' Swap :clapping:

Sure was fun to have the opportunity to do a different driver test, albeit the X-over's not being tweaked for the Kevlar Cones, but atleast I could understand first hand the difference the cone material makes w r t to how low they can go vis - a - vis one another. Not the right way, but then it gave me a fair picture atleast.

Some pics of the speakers :)

8vqg79.jpg

2jaz3pe.jpg

6gk3sk.jpg

1zdn9g8.jpg

9qg1gg.jpg

kf1hza.jpg

Last edited:
What was the difference in sound quality in both?
Please do a brief 'Paper VS Kevlar Cone Driver' SQ differentiation :)

In the pics, the drivers and tweeters are fixed as they will be in the final product?

If YES, Then isn't there enough rough space left around the driver and the tweeter?
Needs a little bit of more finishing if its the final fitment!

What was the difference in sound quality in both?
Please do a brief 'Paper VS Kevlar Cone Driver' SQ differentiation :)

Can do so when I have 2 pairs of speakers having requisite drivers in place & with the correct x-overs, otherwise it would be an incorrect review.

In the pics, the drivers and tweeters are fixed as they will be in the final product?

If YES, Then isn't there enough rough space left around the driver and the tweeter?
Needs a little bit of more finishing if its the final fitment!

Bear in mind that this is again a proto/mule. Hari has assured that all the 'defects' as seen in the pics & such will not be present in ordered pairs.
Give the man some leeway, as more than his prospective buyers, he is more critical of his own product. So lets wait to see the production pair before passing any judgement, thanks!

many will come .. comment and pass on.. leaving all the hard work and frustration to the designer. Although anubhav2345 may argue that his comments to be taken as constructive criticism.. he can send messages of criticism and improvement to hari by PM.

Please do not go overboard with negatives.. hear the speakers ( when possible ) and then express what you fee like.

One wants a world class finish and not prepared to pay world class prices.. HOWZZZAAAT ?

mpw

For concern of all those who thought I just criticized the finishing part, shall be surprised to know that my order for a pair of BS's had been already placed well in advance.

Much ago, I had shown my interest in grabbing one pair of K100's.
Hari can confirm this whenever he replies in the thread.

thats good... i hope you like it.

But the point remains.. please send criticism over PM. The facility is there.. let not others get distracted by what you have to say.

Let people decide on their own.

Your buying or not buying the product ( or Hari confirming your order ) does not change this point.

No more on this i have to say..

rgds,
mpw

anubhav,

i hope when you get the speakers.. hope you will put them on good stands. the speakers are quite heavy and will sound nice.. and they will look good too.

mpw

Yes, For sure will be using 26-30inch stands for them.

Any idea what will be the actual weight of each speaker ?

I am just waiting for the final words from hari regarding K100 vs K200 vs K300 on terms on sound quality. Rest everything is final from my end:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back