Review: Krypton Audio K-100B TL Speakers

I personally like paper cones and many places on net also recommend doped paper cone over other materails with some people even considering them as fancy material. I am not anexpert to say whether they are right or wrong.

I suppose that the difference in the price is more due to the cost of the driver with kevlar/titanium drivers costing much higher than good old paper cone (and as Hari said, they also result in some mods in the XO componets). If the drivers are well made,the difference in the sound will be very subtle regardless of the material used. Hari, correct me if I am wrong. In addition, Kevlar may be tougher and longer lasting.

@ Hari, does this Kevlar/titanium material increase the moving mass of driver and reduce the sensitivity?

Considering the price of K100B-TL @25k, I am eager to know that with what all international brands BS speakers we can compare these K100B's ?

1. MS Aviano 2
2. Kef Q300
3. Wharfedale 10.2

These three come to my mind, would like other members to provide there inputs too.

I sure am glad that I heard these speakers now as I have recently heard an appreciable amount of BS speakers to compare notes with & can safely say that these will take the fight to ones costing between 45k to a lac effortlessly & kill quite a few FS in the 30-70k quite comfortably. Yea, sticking my neck out on this!

This is what Denon had say about the speakers , it is in the first post of the thread. Rest depends on your ears and your expetations and the amplifier/source that it is paired with.

This is what Denon had say about the speakers , it is in the first post of the thread. Rest depends on your ears and your expetations and the amplifier/source that it is paired with.

Yeah I have gone through the first post again, but wanted FM's to name a few BS speakers that can compare at par with MR Hari's K100B-TL's.

Rega RS 1 ??
Usher X718 ??

Last edited:
You don't look to be an 'unbranded' buyer ..... :indifferent14:

No, Its certainly not the case. For me 'Branding' is not that important. If I would be getting a Indian made product of better quality in comparison to the same priced international products, then I would definitely choose the Indian one.

The question I asked above was for general interest of all the FM's, so that one gets an idea in general, that even if he goes with krypton's starting line up BS speakers then he should be rest assured that he has got a much better SQ product which else he would have got after spending a lot $$'s on an international badged product.

P.S - I am very much interested in a DIY setup with full range Fostex drivers. But since my DIY skills are no good, so I am very happy to know that Mr Hari is getting his flagship Floor standers very soon, which is going to be equipped with fostex drivers.

I know what I paid for mine .... the break-up of 'my' cost of the drivers and XO ... subtracted the amount from the Fostex 166en cost ... the rest cost 'almost' remain the same .... thats elementary, dear Watson!

I wish hari appoints good stockist in all the cities that might help not just his sale but also help in building a brand image! Its never the manufacturer but its the stockist/retailer/representative the face of an company!so requesting hari to personally appoint retailers who more thananything understand,respect and know what they are selling!.though am a brand freak starting with the ck inners : p lol .Am very eagerly/curiously waiting to audition hari's speakers in chennai!when norge can why can't hfv's very own hari succeed!no better place for launch than here in hfv! : ) and my search for that perfect mids/jazzy speaker continues till then...

Brand freak eh! So, you can afford it.
Why not ask your patients not to see you on a particular day ... airdash to Mumbai @ 9K .... spend @ 0.6K on taxi ... hear the speakers for yourself ... pay the cash for them ... and hand carry those back, if available? :):)

@avid-good suggestions...but why this kolaveri?you only read 'brand freak'word not the entire thing?! lol

With the 166en only a FS is possible due to its weird dimensions. I can build a BS speaker with a 126en with a similar dimensions as the current K100B-TL. The 126en will have a -6dB response of 42Hz as per my simulation. Yesterday i had a inquiry for the same and hence got to simulate them too.

Even I can be interested in the same, Any idea on the approx cost if fostex 126en are used instead of the peerless 5.25inch one?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back