Review: Krypton Audio K-100B TL Speakers

Till date your FS is the best i have made but it could be soon challenged by my next flagship product with the Fostex 6.5" full-range driver. This was original planned for you, but you were concerned with the Fostex high sensitivity and also due to high wattage of your Krell. I have simulated the response with the Fostex and have already designed the enclosure dimensions. Will need to import the drivers and build it before October end before the festive season begins.

Cheers,:)

Yep, that way, even low wattage (upto 40W rms) but high end SS amp could work with the full range driver .... and tube amps (within 5-15W) would excel ...

hi all,

im new to the forum,
im currently shifting to a new place so wanted to make some upgrades in my HT system.
i currently own a Onkyo HT-R340 also sold as HT-S4100 in US. While it had sufficient power for my small room in the old home and sounded great in movies, it always lacked a spacious feel while listenin to music. After researching iv'e decided to replace my front L/R speakers with a pair of floor standing speakers. Please help me decide on a good pair of floor standing speakers for my budget of 20-25k max.
these are the specification of my HT amp.-
Power Output -
Front L/R 110 W/Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Center 110 W (6 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Surround L/R 110 W/Channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, FTC)
Surround Back L/R -
Dynamic Power 160 W (3 ohms)
125 W (4 ohms)
85 W (8 ohms)
THD (Total Harmonic Distortion) 0.9 %
Damping Factor 60 (Front, 1 kHz, 8 ohms)
Input Sensitivity and Impedance 200 mV/47 k-ohms (Line)
Output Level and Impedance 200 mV/470 ohms (Rec out)
Frequency Response 10 Hz50 kHz/ +1 dB, -3 dB (Direct mode)
Tone Control 10 dB, 80 Hz (Bass)
10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 100 dB (Line, IHF-A)
Speaker Impedance 6 ohms16 ohms

@ Hari - Good Finish Hari. I am sure they sound Good. Finishing is excellent, also attention to detail would also benefit.
Let me know if any post of reviewer is up for grabs,
@ Denom - Nice Review. You can do freelancing. The more you audition more reputation and prominence you will get. Honestly you have a flare for reviews and should seriously consider it.
Regards

Very beautifully designed and made. I guess Hari's designs are now getting the attention that they deserve.

@denom : good write up, sir.

Thanks! Pls do not call me sir, as not so old :p

Denom, you da man! Bro, you are the most prolific reviewer around here, giving us a bs free, frank opinion on relevant audio gear.

Thanks Bro! BTW, we have been missing your intrepid reporting off late! You are the one & only 'golden ears' of our forum. Pls contribute more often, time permitting :clapping:
PS: Lots of deadly DIY guys in your city & around it, pls go over & hear their super creations & report back with lotsa pics + reviews :)

Yep this is the right way on cyberspace to generate money to make a livelihood too. Become a bandwagon of a brand and write left -right and increase their sales from present figure to prove that your reviews are making an change and have some cut out of it.

Why not approach Hifimart to promote their products and become an bandwagon for their advertised products???:cool: Since lot of items in the mart you can put more reviews..

Making an 1k or 2K for few reviews will not help these days to stay in Mumbai.

Yes, you are spot on with your observations. BUT, I cannot but just promote things left, right & centre if the said product is not good, I will continue to call a spade a spade & therein lies a problem:cool: Only time will tell how far I succeed in this endeavor of mine.
Whats the 1k or 2k for few reviews part???? Did not understand this :confused:

@ Denom - Nice Review. You can do freelancing. The more you audition more reputation and prominence you will get. Honestly you have a flare for reviews and should seriously consider it.
Regards

Thanks Hiten, appreciate it. Am game for the freelancing part, let me know if you have some contacts.
:)

Yes, you are spot on with your observations. BUT, I cannot but just promote things left, right & centre if the said product is not good, I will continue to call a spade a spade & therein lies a problem:cool: Only time will tell how far I succeed in this endeavor of mine.
Whats the 1k or 2k for few reviews part???? Did not understand this :confused:

If it is an pure passion then you cannot expect money...Passion mixed with earning will give a good thinking about expanding your ideas and give more interest in exploring lot of products.

Regarding 1k or 2K, getting paid only for reviews and make/earn it for livelihood will not be viable in mumbai. So you have to add on business to it to cash your review.

Hmmm. Here is advice from a doctor. You may not gain much by writing reviews but you will save far more in terms of money and health by quitting smoking (Ie. If you really smoke). Sorry to be OT but couldn't help. :)

Hmmm. Here is advice from a doctor. You may not gain much by writing reviews but you will save far more in terms of money and health by quitting smoking (Ie. If you really smoke). Sorry to be OT but couldn't help. :)

You are right:cool:

+3 (coming from a former 4 pack per day smoker).

Also, some form of physical exercise is essential. At the very least climb some stairs daily... around 100 should be good. I used to work out at the gym previously but now I just don't have the time. However, I still use a stepper (or treadmill) daily. Working out for at least 20-30 minutes a day will add a good 3-4 productive hours to your daily schedule.

BTW, I have never seen Denom smoking till now. May be i have not spend too much time with him. Also could be i have always been with him in the audition room where its not possible to smoke.:lol:

I was kidding ...... he does'nt smoke .... the 1k or 2k was looking just too meagre for the reviews ... an extra 0 at least, would have looked and felt more appropriate .. :D

3 doctors.. pouncing on poor denom... for something that he never does..

:))

anyways back to topic..hopefully..

mpw

I was kidding ...... he does'nt smoke .... the 1k or 2k was looking just too meagre for the reviews ... an extra 0 at least, would have looked and felt more appropriate .. :D

I thought so. That is why I had put that in bracket "i.e. if you really smoke". I can, most of the times, make out from voice of a person whether he has been a heavy smoker or no and Denom's voice is not at all like a smoker.In any case, that was a good propoganda against smoking. :)

BTW, I have never seen Denom smoking till now. May be i have not spend too much time with him. Also could be i have always been with him in the audition room where its not possible to smoke.:lol:

Hari, by now you should know that I do not smoke. BTW, have you seen any smoker sit comfortably without lighting up for more than an hour??? :cool:

Yes, that extra zero after the 1 or 2 most certainly covers the 'charges'. Srini, are you listening??? :p

3 doctors.. pouncing on poor denom... for something that he never does..

:))

anyways back to topic..hopefully..

mpw

:lol: you got that right big boss :cool:

I thought so. That is why I had put that in bracket "i.e. if you really smoke". I can, most of the times, make out from voice of a person whether he has been a heavy smoker or no and Denom's voice is not at all like a smoker.In any case, that was a good propoganda against smoking. :)

I salute your endeavour & you doc saab are 100% correct. Am trying to help my friends give up this bad habit, sometimes successfully, sometimes not :eek:

Lol propaganda :p

Complete Ban on Gutka & Cigarettes is actually the right way to go. In our great country, unless & until a ban is enforced, I don't see any change in people w r t giving up this unhealthy habit.

But we know that this will remain a dream as all the money these gutka/cigarette co's give to politicians is too big to sacrifice in the name of doing good for the people of our country
:mad:

@Hari, let me ask you (a partially off topic) question. Why did you choose Krypton as name of your speakers? I don't exactly remember what is Krytpon. Is it a rare element?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back