RIP Ray Manzarek this is THE END

aks07

Goilkera. (Dist W Singhbhum - BNR Line) Jharkhand
Ray Manzarek, The Doors co-founder, whose genius was often overshadowed by Jim Morrison, died yesterday May 21st 2013.

His intricate composition and performances in classics like Break On Through to the Other Side, Light My Fire, Riders On the Storm will remain unmatched forever. He also used the keyboard to play the bass line in most of Door tracks.

Show me the way
To the next whisky bar
Oh, don't ask why
Oh, don't ask why
For if we don't find
The next whisky bar
I tell you we must die

Alabama Song (Whisky Bar) - The Door, 1966

Slow but steady we are loosing men who made real music.

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end
Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end

The End - The Doors, 1967

An era is coming to end. RIP Ray Manzarek

'the end ' was written by Jim Morrison. The film "The doors" shows it was written when the group was almost on the verge of disintegrating due to Jim Morrisons drug habit.
But still sad News. Thank you for the music Ray Manzarek.
Regards

His keyboards created the brooding and melancholic atmosphere for the band's influential music.
Exceptional creativity.
RIP Ray manzarek

RIP Ray...

He was the true musical force behind The Doors. That combined with Jim's poetry and delivery created the magic...

The End came a long ago...this is just a memory jog...

hmmm.. RIP Ray Manzarek... I remember the Cherish Alabama song and the memories associated with it.

Clive Burr who drummed for Iron Maiden during the pre-McBrain era (the late 1970s till 1982) died in March this year, so that's another metal pioneer gone this year.

Never heard much of the Doors but i agree that the world is losing folks that made real music. It is always sad to know that the world ( of music ) has lost another one.

Probably Coldplay is one group which used to make music - now they are on a hiatus too.

regards,
mpw

mpw

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back