RN602 or RN803 and are there any sync issues of sound and video via optical out

sand87ch

Planning to go for a RN602 or RN803.
Uses:-
1.TV content
2.Airplay

Speakers i have

Polk S20

No sub as of now but will purchase in time.

I have 2 Ques:-
Which among the two is better?
I plan to connect the Optical out of my led to this.Will there be or are there any known sync issues vis a vis sound and video?

I use RN803 connected with my OLED TV through Optical out, mostly used for watching movies and Streaming music.

Its very good no issues so far.

In fact i am trying to upgrade my RN803 to Pre and Power Stereo Setup. If you wish to have mine please IM me.

Since i will be using this on a TV with a 2.1 set up is it advisable to go for RXV-485?
What do you think is better?A 2.1 itself or a 5.1 receiver set up as 2.1?I am interested in the sound.Thats the consideration.How much of a difference will the RXV-485 have with the RN803 or 602

RXV485 and RN803/602 are for different purposes. I your preference is both movies and music, you should opt for 485. Watching movies in 2.1 setup doesn't give the same experience as that of 5.1.

RXV485 and RN803/602 are for different purposes. I your preference is both movies and music, you should opt for 485. Watching movies in 2.1 setup doesn't give the same experience as that of 5.1.
yes true but let me be a bit more clear.i just have a 2.0 polk speakers rt now.so considering say i dont plan to upgrade to surrounds and centres say till next 2 yrs then wat wud u suggest in terms of sound?just want to know if for music from tv or airplay and streaming netflix,is the rxv485 good in terms of sound fidelity or soundstage?will it vary btw the RN803 and the RXV-685?will purchasing the 485 iver the 803 be a compromise in terms of sound?
want to add i was on the 685 prior to this which i gave a few month back.now the v6a issues are scaring me off and hence trying to settle on previous gen

also btw the 685 and 485 will there be noticeble diff in terms of sound quality.not concerned abt the atmos and 7.2.in terms of sound will the presence of an extra BB dac and 10W more power on the 685 matter?also i dont know wat the power on 8 ohm 2 channel driven is for the 485.yamaha just gives the power for 6 ohm only

There are Denon / Marantz options for 2 channel recievers with HDMI input. If your primary purpose is connecting to TV, that may be a better option. Denon model is DRA-800h, Marantz NR1200.

There are Denon / Marantz options for 2 channel recievers with HDMI input. If your primary purpose is connecting to TV, that may be a better option. Denon model is DRA-800h, Marantz NR1200.
marantz is 1.costly compared to 485 and 803.
2.the offline dealers dont have marantz as of now due to pandemic shipping issues they say.
thats why in the 485 or 830.

marantz is 1.costly compared to 485 and 803.
2.the offline dealers dont have marantz as of now due to pandemic shipping issues they say.
thats why in the 485 or 830.
Marantz available at 60k on hifimart. Yamaha 803 price around 55k. Not that far off

The Yamaha is a good amp (I own one and quite like it). Feature set isn't really designed for TV integration though.

Any ideas if the Yamaha V6a will be available any soon in india.Its not even visible on yamaha india site since launch

do you mean on this amp?
Yes. May be it’s the WiFi connection that’s dropping. I paired using network cable yesterday and did not have any problems.
did some research yesterday and figured out that the Tenda router is causing it. Switched to A different router today and I’ll see if it occurs.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back