RPI 4B streamer + Topping E30 or Allo Boss 2 player

Made the changes.. now need to figure out a connector for I2S output to dac. any pointer for it?
So today I finally tried it and it works
You can take the I2S output from the usbridge GPIO header inside. I connected my kali + piano 2.1 I2S card. It gets detected and it works. The only change I had to do was to enable I2S in /boot/config.txt and add the kernel driver for the allo piano2.1 and take the master clock from Kali
# Uncomment some or all of these to enable the optional hardware interfaces
dtparam=i2c_arm=on
dtparam=i2s=on
#dtparam=spi=on

# Kali+Piano 2.1 DAC
dtoverlay=allo-piano-dac-plus-pcm512x-audio,glb_mclk
However the Kali board portrudes outside the case. But tried with just the usbridge and the piano 2.1. The card fits inside. However one will have to drill hole in the backplate to accomodate the piano 2.1. Very much doable

IMG_20220417_104641370.jpeg

IMG_20220417_104659060.jpeg

So today I finally tried it and it works
You can take the I2S output from the usbridge GPIO header inside. I connected my kali + piano 2.1 I2S card. It gets detected and it works. The only change I had to do was to enable I2S in /boot/config.txt and add the kernel driver for the allo piano2.1 and take the master clock from Kali

However the Kali board portrudes outside the case. But tried with just the usbridge and the piano 2.1. The card fits inside. However one will have to drill hole in the backplate to accomodate the piano 2.1. Very much doable

View attachment 68791

View attachment 68792
Thats great, however I am looking for an I2S output to connect to my external

Thats great, however I am looking for an I2S output to connect to my external
Which is what I did. So all you have to do is get a 40 pin RPI ribbon connector and if you want to mount your external card nicely

Something like this. See if you can get this wihtout the expansion board. I got it and saved few bucks but can't find the link

The other is this. It allows you to mount other cards externally

You will have to cut a slit on the top cover of your usbridge to do this. But you can use another RPI3 to do this. Any specific reason to use the usbridge?

Which is what I did. So all you have to do is get a 40 pin RPI ribbon connector and if you want to mount your external card nicely

Something like this. See if you can get this wihtout the expansion board. I got it and saved few bucks but can't find the link

The other is this. It allows you to mount other cards externally

You will have to cut a slit on the top cover of your usbridge to do this. But you can use another RPI3 to do this. Any specific reason to use the usbridge?

I think the piano has RCA output, I am looking for I2S output like with the HDMI connector. No particular reason to use usbridge, if RPI4 comes back in stock I can get that. I am looking for something like theses

I2S

I think the piano has RCA output, I am looking for I2S output like with the HDMI connector. No particular reason to use usbridge, if RPI4 comes back in stock I can get that. I am looking for something like theses

I2S
I wasn't talking about the RCA output of the piano 2.1. Piano is an I2S dac and it worked when connected to the gpio header of the usbridge.
It just means you can can connect your above card also to the usbridge and it will work. What I wanted to prove is that the usbridge internal header with RPI compute board is no different than a actual RPI3/RPI4 board which has the onboard 40 pin GPIO board part of the main board.

I wasn't talking about the RCA output of the piano 2.1. Piano is an I2S dac and it worked when connected to the gpio header of the usbridge.
It just means you can can connect your above card also to the usbridge and it will work. What I wanted to prove is that the usbridge internal header with RPI compute board is no different than a actual RPI3/RPI4 board which has the onboard 40 pin GPIO board part of the main board.
Oh seems some confussuon, what i am looking for a board similar to that in link locally

I just checked with Rubu regarding my RPI order. Got the below response.
IMG_20220524_174924.jpg
I cancelled my order and requested refund.🤦

BTW, I ordered it on April 1st.

Does ALLO BOSS 2 has a usb out which can be connected to usb input on my M20Hd and does this avoid the use of M20Hd internal Dac. Any other options

Allo BOSS2 is a player (Dac+streamer) consists of RPI4 and a DAC hat. If you are not looking for a DAC and wanted to use the builtin dac of M20HD, I would suggest you to buy a digital transport like Allo Digione or Usbridge, they are streamers with digital outs.

You can even try with only a rpi4 and load Moode or Volumio in it and can be connected from the USB port of RPI to M20HD.

Does ALLO BOSS 2 has a usb out which can be connected to usb input on my M20Hd and does this avoid the use of M20Hd internal Dac. Any other options
You can use the allo boss2 in two ways to connect it to M20HD
1) connect the RCA out of allo boss2 to M20HD RCA in. In this case the M20HD internal dac is totally bypassed and you will be using the allo boss2 DAC, which I have heard from folks to be very good.
2) Connect a usb cable from allo boss2 to M20HD usb in. In this case you will be using the M20HD DAC and the allo boss2 internal dac will be bypassed.

I doubt that you can get the allo boss2 easily because of the RPI4 shortage. The other option is to use the usbridge which is costlier and doesn't have any internal dac of its own. But it has a clean usb out.

The problem with fabtolab is that they list even when it is out of stock. It has happened twice with me. The only sure method is to call or whatsapp them to check if stocks are available.
I faced a similar situation after contacting them for the allo boss 2. Eventually picked it up from waretohouse.com

The problem with fabtolab is that they list even when it is out of stock. It has happened twice with me. The only sure method is to call or whatsapp them to check if stocks are available.
Do they even respond to whatsapp or call, i was chasing them for digione signature and encloseure back panel of usbridge never got a reply from them

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back