RPI 4B streamer + Topping E30 or Allo Boss 2 player

Do they even respond to whatsapp or call, i was chasing them for digione signature and encloseure back panel of usbridge never got a reply from them
It took me lot of whatsapp messages to make them respond. I think both fabtolab and warehouse are the same company with different pricing for the same product. They use exactly the same ecommerce software and have a big overlap on the products they sell.

Which Os to use ( Moode , Volumio etc.) to get the best output out of Boss 2 Player and which Power Supply.
Any Case option to attach a touchscreen to it. Something link the link below
from Vincent Fong video on youtube. (

DIY Raspberry Pi Player Kit Unboxing and Assembly​

Last edited:
Which Os to use ( Moode , Volumio etc.) to get the best output out of Boss 2 Player and which Power Supply.
moode, volumio are not os. They are just set of packaged programs to help a newbie who has very little idea about linux configure it.
The OS is always raspbian whether you use moode, dietpi, volumio, etc. They will all sound the same, unless these distributions consume too much CPU to do their job of displaying an user interface.

I have found moode to be the one that does the least destructive changes to the original OS

I personally don't use any of them and use the Raspbian OS and installing neccessary software (mostly the same ones that moode, volumio, etc do). The advantge of using raspbian directly are
1) Latest updates
2) 64 bit kernel vs 32 bit kernel used by moode, volumio, etc
3) No bloatware. No web server to screw up your CPU usage. Audio can be more pristine because of the lesser CPU usage.

Disadvantage
1) Requires litlle bit of knowledge of linux (basic knowledge - how to login, how to install software, how. to shutdown).

Any Case option to attach a touchscreen to it. Something link the link below
from Vincent Fong video on youtube. (

DIY Raspberry Pi Player Kit Unboxing and Assembly​

That is a standard ribbon cable to connect raspberry pi to a lcd monitor with touchscreen.

If you are going to do lot of diy, you probably need the allo boss2 with the acrylic case and save few ruppees. That vincent fong guy has used precise CNC to adapt the allo boss2 to his diy case. So you too will require access to CNC service to achieve what he did. ALso he is using another distribution named picoreplayer which gives you LMS. So you might want to take a look at that in addition to moode, volumio, etc

Last edited:
They responded immediately today.
They must have improved now. I guess I was unlucky and this was last year ((RC Oct 2021). It also could have been the covid thing when staff weren't going to office regularly.

You can use the allo boss2 in two ways to connect it to M20HD
1) connect the RCA out of allo boss2 to M20HD RCA in. In this case the M20HD internal dac is totally bypassed and you will be using the allo boss2 DAC, which I have heard from folks to be very good.
2) Connect a usb cable from allo boss2 to M20HD usb in. In this case you will be using the M20HD DAC and the allo boss2 internal dac will be bypassed.

I doubt that you can get the allo boss2 easily because of the RPI4 shortage. The other option is to use the usbridge which is costlier and doesn't have any internal dac of its own. But it has a clean usb out.
Is it possible to add optical in port to Allo BOSS 2 player to be able to use optical out from tv and use the dac in the player along with the powered QA M20HD speakers. Thanks

Is it possible to add optical in port to Allo BOSS 2 player to be able to use optical out from tv and use the dac in the player along with the powered QA M20HD speakers. Thanks
No. If you want optical in, you should forget about boss2 and you will be better with another DAC which has usb, optical and spdif inputs. Maybe you want a streamer also. In that case just get RPI3 / RPI4. Install moode, volumio, whatever. Do the DIY with the lcd panel, etc and connect the external dac usb to the RPI usb port.

Decided to go with boos 2 player , is it worthwile going with Shanti LPS over Nirvana Looking at the cost difference.

Decided to go with boos 2 player , is it worthwile going with Shanti LPS over Nirvana Looking at the cost difference.
I have rpi zero 2w powered using Nirvana or power bank, I can't make out difference between nirvana and power bank.
So now I use Nirvana only.

Boss 2 order cancelled by wareto house , out of stock any alternative source fir raspberry pi 4 4gb

Please share your findings whenever you get a chance to try this, I am also looking for I2S output budget streamer for my setup.
I did try it and it works without any issue. I just had to enable I2S in /boot/config.txt

I did try it and it works without any issue. I just had to enable I2S in /boot/config.txt
Thanks for the prompt response! :)

Thanks for the prompt response! :)
The only issue is that when you connect an I2S card, the unit will not fit inside the original case. So if you have good DIY skills and access to CAD skills to make your own cabinet, sky is the limit.

The only issue is that when you connect an I2S card, the unit will not fit inside the original case. So if you have good DIY skills and access to CAD skills to make your own cabinet, sky is the limit.
Got it, one more doubt, do we really need Allo card for the transport purpose? As RPI4 already has HDMI option, cant we directly use it as we will just use to pass digital signals to external DAC ?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back