RX-V463 where to buy OR have audition in Pune

Hi Udaji,
I am not using hdmi right now. So can't comment on this.
Apart from this I found YPAO very helpful in making initial settings. As far as SQ is concerned it is pretty good.
Speakers cost was 15.5K.
Anything more you wish to know about RX-V463, I am ready to help.

OK. Took the plunge and got a 463. After two hours of movie, I estimate the temperature to be between 45 and 50 C. Ambient was about 30 C. Is this about right, or is it too much?

OK. Took the plunge and got a 463. After two hours of movie, I estimate the temperature to be between 45 and 50 C. Ambient was about 30 C. Is this about right, or is it too much?

Udaji,

Do you have enough gap near to your amplifier. As in my case my rack is open from 4 sides.

Vivekam,

I have about 6 inches sidewise and about 10 inches on the top. It is in a cabinet, but I use it only with the doors open. But apparently Denons run the coolest, while Onkyos are supposed to be notoriously hot headed..

How much do you estimate your amp's temperature on the top? ( If you can touch it with your palm for over 10 seconds, it is under 50C. Warm is 40C.)

Vivekam,

I have about 6 inches sidewise and about 10 inches on the top. It is in a cabinet, but I use it only with the doors open. But apparently Denons run the coolest, while Onkyos are supposed to be notoriously hot headed..

How much do you estimate your amp's temperature on the top? ( If you can touch it with your palm for over 10 seconds, it is under 50C. Warm is 40C.)

Udaji,

I need to do this palm test. Then I can let you know the exact results.

Hi Udaji,

Did the palm test yesterday after playing receiver. for 2 hours approx.
I would say it was about 35C. This is my bare assumption.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vivekam

Hi Vivekam,

Somebody brought it from Mumbai for me. A little cheaper than Pune.. Happy with it so far. Especially now that I got a WDTV HD.

I really bought the amp because I wanted surround sound from my hdmi-only laptop that I used as an htpc. After buying the amp (my old Sony HTIB didnt have any hdmi/coax inputs), I found out that the laptop could only output pcm stereo via hdmi. So I gave up the ghost and bought the WDTV. Excellent. Great DD/DTS surround. I connected hdmi straight to the TV eventually anyway due to the BTB/WTW issues that Yamahas have (Not really noticeable, but perhaps psychological:eek:)

Hi Vivekam,

Somebody brought it from Mumbai for me. A little cheaper than Pune.. Happy with it so far. Especially now that I got a WDTV HD.

I really bought the amp because I wanted surround sound from my hdmi-only laptop that I used as an htpc. After buying the amp (my old Sony HTIB didnt have any hdmi/coax inputs), I found out that the laptop could only output pcm stereo via hdmi. So I gave up the ghost and bought the WDTV. Excellent. Great DD/DTS surround. I connected hdmi straight to the TV eventually anyway due to the BTB/WTW issues that Yamahas have (Not really noticeable, but perhaps psychological:eek:)

It seems you are having a great time with your amp.
Anyways with Yamaha one can't get wrong :yahoo:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back