Rythmik subwoofers

As far as I know, Shaiju (FM) was using Rythmik subwoofer...that was almost 3/4 years back.....

I know @Flash built a sub woofer with a kit from Rhythmik.
But this was some years ago and he has not posted much recently.

Let's see if he responds to the ping from this post.

Regards.

I am using Rythmik L12 primarily for music with LS50, but currently it is connected to an AVR (SR6012)... Btw, what exactly is the question?

Last edited:
LobsterB@ how is the performance of the sub for music. Have you compared it with any other sub before buying

I had not done a proper comparison by listening extensively with any other one before buying. The only sub I had tried earlier was SVS SB1000, but somehow was not impressed with it at that particular demo room.
It blends well with my mains and sound quite natural in this small listening area (<1000cft, but open on one side to stair landing area). Btw, I am pleasantly surprised with its tactile performance with movies as well.

Anyone on the board using rythmik servo controlled subwoofers in a 2 channel music system ?
One of my friends has recently purchased Rythmik LV12R and is connecting it to a Stereo Amp Audiocontrol Rialto600. And speakers are bookshelf xtz.
Setup is in progress and he would share the experience shortly.
I assume you might have read below post ..it may give some idea of Rythmik

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/subwoofer-hunt-and-audition-experience-and-feedback.68426/page-2

This is from reignofchaos in another thread
Rythmik subs are fabulous and really good vfm for the price you pay. A friend abroad had an Emerald Physics CS3 with Rythmik L12 for sub bass duties. He was rather satisfied with the entire system.

Well to start off I built the Rythmik FV15HP ( Ported ) version several years ago . I guess the first in India. Atleast that's what i am told.

However now I have Dual F15HP ( Sealed) and in short .. Rythmik subs are brilliant . I have a Pair of SVS SB16Ultra as well and I have kinda done a direct comparison in the same room

and the Rythmik comes up on top . The SVS SB16 ultras are excellent as well . it has a few advantages over the Rythmik such as the ease of calibration, more fine tuning options Android/ IOS app etc etc

But sound wise the Rythmiks are better to my ears
With the SVS, you kinda know the Subs are in the room , however the Rhythmik disappear , the sound emulating from them is tighter and more articulate and if calibrated well you would be constantly checking to see if the sub is on or off . That is a testimony by itself

SPL wise though.. the SVS with the 1500 watt RMS ( 5 kilowatt peak) is definitely louder . the Rythmik is no slouch either . But the SVS can be pushed harder.

Hello Experts / @Flash ,
Due to lack of demo in bangalore, i am not able to decide which sub to go for with following factors:
1. 80%movie and 20% music
2. Need tight thump
3. Room 19ft x 15ft with openings in 3 walls to other rooms with HT facing them.
4. Have Polk setup now with RTiA7 fronts and sub DSW 660 currently.
5. Rythmik is costing 1.15L (avenue sound) and SVS PB200 costing 80k (HT store)
Many of FMs here have same dilemma. If any one of you have experience with both, please enlighten us so that we can get best BANG for buck,

Thanks

Hello Experts / @Flash ,
Due to lack of demo in bangalore, i am not able to decide which sub to go for with following factors:
1. 80%movie and 20% music
2. Need tight thump
3. Room 19ft x 15ft with openings in 3 walls to other rooms with HT facing them.
4. Have Polk setup now with RTiA7 fronts and sub DSW 660 currently.
5. Rythmik is costing 1.15L (avenue sound) and SVS PB200 costing 80k (HT store)
Many of FMs here have same dilemma. If any one of you have experience with both, please enlighten us so that we can get best BANG for buck,

Thanks
Rythmik which model? PB2000 is more comparable with Rythmik LV12R which is priced about 76k. Rythmik sub is available with ProSonics Bangalore and there is a good review by FM Kumar442244.

Rythmik FV14HP Vs PB2000
I guess you are saying about Rythmik FV15HP. That model is different altogether, its a 15 inch driver, 600 Watts Amp and is higher end model in Rythmik. You can check for 12 inch sub in comparison to SVS PB2000 (12 inch driver, 500watts amp). There are other models in Rythmik with 12 inch drivers. like Rythmik F12 which would be lesser priced and better than LV12R.

Thanks Abhi .. I shortlisted pb2000 and FV15HP based on their availability and 30k diff. I have not heard both but tempted for rythmik based on reviews. Don't want to go to upgrade path again.

Thanks Abhi .. I shortlisted pb2000 and FV15HP based on their availability and 30k diff. I have not heard both but tempted for rythmik based on reviews. Don't want to go to upgrade path again.
You can't compare PB2000 and FV15HP as they both are in different class. The FV15HP is comparable with the SVS PB13Ultra (PB4000 now). Simply put, the FV15HP is in another class compared to the PB2000. You can compare the performance of all these subs directly at
"https://www.data-bass.com/data?page=system&id=51&mset=50".
SVS and Rythmik subs are DEEP-Diggers, but i believe that they are weak in the mid bass section.
If your budget is above 1lakh then you can also try the PSA Subs available with surroundswar "http://surroundswar.in/wp/index.php/brand/psa/".
PSA subs are known to have good midbass and can also dig deep.
I owned a PB13Ultra few years ago. Though it made my entire house shake with its low frequency, it was not that strong in the mid bass section(my personal opinion).

Last edited:
reviving old thread. Which sub now rules the roost in / under 1.5 lakh 12" 13"or 15"(preferred) range which has good Mid and low end and terrifies ppl at same time?
The options I see here is :
SVS - PB 2000 and PB 3000. But there is a huge price diff between them just for 100W
PSA - Internationally acclaimed. But less known in india.
Rythmik - FV15HP.
any other brands you recommend that is around 1.5 to 1.75 lakhs and gives you enough bass for next 3-4 years.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back