SABA Papillon Cabinets

Hello sir,
How are you?
Thanks for the appreciation.
For me it is like a Guru praising a Shishya.

You are such a knowledgeble person, I have learnt quite a few things regarding audio from you.
I am thankful for that.

Regards
Thanks for your kind words but friend we all are shishya in quest of knowledge and its effective implementation. Once again appreciate your hard work and the awesome outcome

Regards,
Vipin.

That is incredible work Shaficji.
They look absolutely stunning.
Thank you Mr. Kannan.

Shafic, well done. Great effort. Superb build.

if you want to tame the tweeter, try using an LPad for the tweeter and adjust the level to your requirement.

cheers

Thank you very much.
L pad is a nice idea. Thank you.
Will definitely try.
Regards

Magnificent

Thank you Reuben.

Regards

Shafic, well done. Great effort. Superb build.

if you want to tame the tweeter, try using an LPad for the tweeter and adjust the level to your requirement.

cheers

Nice work Shafic.

With a width of ~ 25", you're getting a baffle step of 180Hz, very similar to the large vintage cabinets. How's the mid bass and LF ?

Thanks sunilj.
The midbass is very good n tight.
These sabas are very fast and have a rich bass.
One can't expect from these tiny drivers a low frequency extension like big JBL and Altecs. To achieve that kind of bass, I need a good subwoofer. I am thinking of using KEF b139 drivers as subwoofers in future.

Every bird sings differently. They are really sweet sounding just as they are.
regards.

I am a total newbie to the audiophile world. Never seen such beautiful speakers and that to DIY. Amazing!

Thank you very for the appreciation.

If you see, many innovative designs and diy projects/works are done by DIY community, all over the world.

In India also some people are doing excellent works. Example Lyrita, Rhythm etc etc.

I have attempted to replicate those beautiful butterfly cabinets, although there is not much details except external measurements on that site.

This whole journey of making these cabinets and getting a perfect finish was an enjoyable experience and it gives me a great joy.
The appreciation that, these cabinets are getting is an engagement to me to do more work like this.
Thank you very much once again to all the FMs.
Regards.

Wow..lovely looking and loving sounding @shafic

I bet making those curved cabinets wasn't easy :D

But they are definitely stunning looking beauties to my eyes :)
Thank you manohar. These were my longtime dream. Without any idea/clue ( except few outside pics) I spent many hours designing these cabinets. And I would like to thank my carpenter, who made these beauties as per my guidence.
Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back