• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Sabaj D5 DAC and headphone amp : is it really good?

Enkay78

SPONSORED ADS

hifitoaster

His reviews is the one stop place where I would look into when buying dacs under 40k . He is BRUTALLY honest. I know it from his apple lightning dac review. On level matching it was a side wise upgrade to my jds labs c5d , losing to chord mojo in terms of layering and separation.but on cheaper iems the difference wasn't that much noticeable, which makes sense for ppl who uses earphones or headphones upto 10000 rupees. U can believe this guy more than whathifi anyday.

Enkay78

T
His reviews is the one stop place where I would look into when buying dacs under 40k . He is BRUTALLY honest. I know it from his apple lightning dac review. On level matching it was a side wise upgrade to my jds labs c5d , losing to chord mojo in terms of layering and separation.but on cheaper iems the difference wasn't that much noticeable, which makes sense for ppl who uses earphones or headphones upto 10000 rupees. U can believe this guy more than whathifi anyday.
Thanks.. had an intuitive notion that what you just wrote would be it.

I bought a topping NX4 based on his assessment. And it a good amp for the budget.

Currently I am hunting for a good desktop dac which would be part of my system chain for music. Thought of Denafrips....et al...GUSTARD, SML, RME...etc...then this result.

Seriously leaning towards this dac.

vin_eme

T

Thanks.. had an intuitive notion that what you just wrote would be it.

I bought a topping NX4 based on his assessment. And it a good amp for the budget.

Currently I am hunting for a good desktop dac which would be part of my system chain for music. Thought of Denafrips....et al...GUSTARD, SML, RME...etc...then this result.

Seriously leaning towards this dac.
You could try Topping DX3 Pro V2

jls001

It's good to measure, etc., but the best measuring device need not be best sounding. Measurements are best read together with subjective opinions. Also, one must "filter" what's relevant in the measurements. For example the measurement crowd will make a big deal of THD as if everything else is dependent on it.

Enkay78

Very true.

Hence I was hunting for any subjective review.

However I do feel this guy @amirm is making some waves over the 'objective' parameters of what are being manufactured and "branded /advertised".

I won't consider it a conformational bias or perceptual bias to have a solid objective and scientific foundation for a highly subjective topic of music .....atleast for those which can be measured ; electronics and speakers et al.....leaving what cannot be measured between the ears.

Maybe it's because of my experience, I tend to be clinical and objective

SPONSORED ADS