Samsung 2012 PS43E470 review - The budget performer.

Hi guys ,I want to connect speakers to Samsung 43e470 as sound is not unto mark as i read in different threads.
Is this correct?
If yes,How to connect speakers while watching movie from usb as i has only digital audio output??
I have computer speakers which has only headphone jack.Its model is creative 2.1 sbs 370. Is there a way for speakers to give digital audio output instead of 3.5mm jack????
Also i planned to connect these speakers to hd stb as it has headphone jack.

But problem starts when watching brrips using usb as i don't have any bd player.
Also i looked for ht with digital audio output but they are very costly..
You need a dac between tv and speakers. you can get cheap dac (1000 bucks) from ebay.com. select one with optical/coaxial input.

Yes. Videocon d2h does have a 3D channel, active music 3D or something. Don't know what it is showing or how good it is. But it is nice to know that Videocon are ready for 3D as and when it becomes mainstream.

any body who is able to connect 500 GB or bigger HDD with Samsung E470 please let me know.
As i need to buy an external hard disk drive for my tv so need to know which brand or model is compatible with E470

ok guys today i was just doing some old data recovery and had a disk drive case which allow connecting my laptop HDD to usb 2.0 (DC 5V, 500mA). I just connected my 500GB WD Model: WD5000LPVT with it to make a back up to other computer. and as a test connected it with E470 plasma, surprisingly it was perfectly recognized and have allowed me seeing all drives and blu ray movies at blazing fast speed. Also the RED button on remote allows changing drive while you are at Media Player mode :) This means the TV supports bigger HDD and now i m gonna see which external HDD i can buy for it.

E470 does not read HDD.

I have doubt on that. as per my above post i just connected 500 GB western Digital 7mm laptop hard disk drive with it and it worked 100% fine. the red button on remote also allowed me to shift between the drives smoothly and very speedily.

Hi People,
I have been following this discussion for a while and now as a proud owner of Samsung E470 and having had it for the last one month i am throwing my observations.
I have not experienced any IR on the tv and i watch a lot of CNN news.
Compared to many LED Tvs this product is a winner the colors are well saturated, amazing view angles and excellent shadow detail on movies.
Here are the settings I have been using.

Picture
Mode: Movie
Cell light: 14
Contrast: 91
Brightness: 46
Sharpness: 0
Color: 51
Tint: G50/R50

Advanced settings
Color space: Native
White Balance [see below]
Gamma: +1
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh tone: 0 [grayed out]
Motion Lighting: Off

White Balance
R-Offset: 26
G-Offset: 25
B-Offset: 25
R-Gain: 22
G-Gain: 24
B-Gain: 25

Picture options
Color tone: Warm2
Size: 16:9
HDMI black level: Normal [grayed out]
Film mode: Off [grayed out]
Screen Burn protection [default values]

Anyone with better settings i highly appreciate

Something I need to add to my previous post, the settings posted is for ssources connected using HDMI Cable. For SD channels I normally up the sharpness a bit to around 16 as sometimes the channels appear blurly.
It's advisable when you buy HDTVs to first set the sharpness at 0 as if you get used to it at high values you will find it hard to appreciate the picture at 0 sharpness and when high all manner of artifacts are introduced to the picture.
I also use a 16gb pen disk on the tv USB with many types of files mp4, mkv, avi, flv from YouTube and it plays all.

its wrong that E470 does not support bigger hard drives with usb.

i have bought Western Digital my passport 1TB model no: WDBBEP0010BBK-EESN and its working perfect with E470.

How is your experience w.r.t reflections?
An owner I know was complaining of reflections.

May be that depends on the room. If you have direct sunlight access to your room and you prefer windows without curtains then LED might be a better option, specifically at show rooms or public areas. In a normally lit home room plasma goes very well.

i never had any reflection issues with E470 although my lounge have direct sunlight access through windows. Also this model has real black panel which has reduced reflections.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back