Samsung 3 Series Vs. Panasonic X9 ( 32 inch )

Karanboochra

Hey guys..
I am very confused on which LCD TV to buy....So sorry for making a new thread :)

So here goes --
The main purpose of the LCD TV would be -
Gaming on XBOX 360
Watching DVD Movies and some HD RIPS
and Some Tata Sky ;)

Samsung - I know that Samsung is the best in Picture Quality ..I was about to buy the Samsung 3 Series 32" TV but the only thing which stopped me from buying it was the Response Time - 8ms .
As my main purpose of buying the TV is GAMING, i am a bit worried about the LAG while gaming ( INPUT LAG ) .

I have heard a lot from the people that Samsung LCD's have MAJOR input lag etc etc..
Is it actually true? Is the lag THAT bad? :sad:

Panasonic X9
This is a good set and most importantly , VFM.
I guess it's response time is 4ms so it's good for gaming too..
It's drawback is that it can't play 24frames/per second movies so that would stop me from playing ALL the movies which are 24f/s .

Please help me decide on which one to buy?
I am keen on getting the Samsung without any doubt , but I am just worried about the LAG while gaming..If it's not present or can be eliminated by GAME MODE, then Samsung wins HANDS-ON! :eek:hyeah:

Thanks a lot guys for taking out time and reading :)

Last edited:
About the X9, maybe madbullram can help you since he's got one. But I think he mentioned in one of the posts that the black levels are pathetic.

As for the Panasonic X9 , it looks good to me except that it DOES NOT support 24frames/per second video ..So i won't be able to play ALL the movies through my DVD player right?

WRONG. You will be able to play ALL the movies through your DVD player.

As for many people saying that 8ms is not good for gaming, I've come across a particular review where the reviewer found motion blurring on a TV with 2.4ms response time. So this question of lag, etc depends on how finicky you are. Like I said do a demo with your XBox, and if you are happy buy it....
Maybe you should give preference to better after sales service. I think Panasonic gives a 3 year warranty.

Shredder - Oh okk.. Taking the XBOX to the showroom and setting up there is a tough task..Ill try my best though..

Anyone here having Samsung LCD's which are used for gaming ??
If yes, please let me know if there is any LAG , Ghosting or not?

X9 is very good VFM compared to Sammy provided you live with the black level. But fo gaming I think you should go with X9 has it has a Game mode which is supposed to improve response time which suits gaming. Using my PS2 was really good.

The only problem (even in sammy) is the black levels, when you play games like Silent Hill or any space game, the black appear as Grey which for me is very irritating. I stopped and only use my PV8 for playing bcos I am a sucker for black.

But the Pana X9 color reproduction is STUNNING one of the best I have seen. Also check out Philips 5409. So its more what u like :)

Hope I didnt confuse u more :)

X9 is for 27.5k
I am getting Samsung 3 series for 27k :p
Now what do u guys suggest?

Also, how is VIDEOCON for LCD TV's ?

My vote is for Pana. Do they still have 3 yrs warranty offer?

Stay miles away from Videocon

Yea, they have the 3 years warranty offer going on..
Oh, Videocon is 'that' bad?
I went to NEXT showroom and everyone was praising Videocon like it's the NO.1 company in LCD's in the world..And they said that we didn't ever receive complains of Videocon LCD's going bad ..

Dunno about X9 but Samsung 3 series cost you get seems high.
You can get the 4 series for around the price.
eBay India: Samsung Series 4 LA32B450C4 32" LCD HD TV DFr Spkrs-New (item 330432313006 end time 17-May-2010 23:08:19 IST)

If you get the 4 series for the price, get it. It has better blacks compared to 3 series.

Nope, that's the best price I am getting in my City for the 3 series..4 Series is for Rs.32k here..

i am so damn confused..

BTW, the samsung one has a Game MODE..so it wouldn't lag or ghost while gaming right? as it's response time is 8ms

I went to NEXT showroom and everyone was praising Videocon like it's the NO.1 company in LCD's in the world..And they said that we didn't ever receive complains of Videocon LCD's going bad ..

Read this review about their ASS..
VIDEOCON LCD TV 20X Review, VIDEOCON LCD TV 20X Price, VIDEOCON LCD TV 20X India, VIDEOCON LCD TV 20X Accessories, Videocon LCD TV - STAY AWAY - MouthShut.com
maybe salesmen are all praise because margins for them are higher. Does anybody even know what type of panel they use? I wouldn't be surprised if they are using TN panels... :)
no offense meant to Videocon fanboys..... if any

X9 is very good VFM compared to Sammy provided you live with the black level. But fo gaming I think you should go with X9 has it has a Game mode which is supposed to improve response time which suits gaming. Using my PS2 was really good.

The only problem (even in sammy) is the black levels, when you play games like Silent Hill or any space game, the black appear as Grey which for me is very irritating. I stopped and only use my PV8 for playing bcos I am a sucker for black.

But the Pana X9 color reproduction is STUNNING one of the best I have seen. Also check out Philips 5409. So its more what u like :)

Hope I didnt confuse u more :)

Samsung 3 Series also has a GAME mode...
Yea, grey color instead of black is irritating for me too....But in the NEXT showroom , Samsung was looking way way better than Panny , LG etc....

And the blacks were looking better in Sammy than compared to other LCD's...

Obviously your heart is set on the Samsung, so go for it. Otherwise you will always have a "what if" doubt if you buy any other model against your better judgement

Yea, they have the 3 years warranty offer going on..

Nope, that's the best price I am getting in my City for the 3 series..4 Series is for Rs.32k here..

i am so damn confused..

BTW, the samsung one has a Game MODE..so it wouldn't lag or ghost while gaming right? as it's response time is 8ms

1) Videocon is not that great, Gaming or otherwise.
2) If you have E-Bay account, get the 4 Series for the same price. I really don't know about 3 series but have seen many who are much satisfied with the 4 series. The price you mention for 4 series is almost the price for the 5 series here.
3) When Ram says Panasonic X9 is good, Good it is.. :D Haven't had a chance to demo it myself though.

The samsung series 3 & 4 is better,its doesn't have the better image processing that one finds in the full hd series 5 & above,but the trade off is the quite low input lag.

1) Videocon is not that great, Gaming or otherwise.
2) If you have E-Bay account, get the 4 Series for the same price. I really don't know about 3 series but have seen many who are much satisfied with the 4 series. The price you mention for 4 series is almost the price for the 5 series here.
3) When Ram says Panasonic X9 is good, Good it is.. :D Haven't had a chance to demo it myself though.

Don't have a Ebay account .... will see if i can make one..

The samsung series 3 & 4 is better,its doesn't have the better image processing that one finds in the full hd series 5 & above,but the trade off is the quite low input lag.

So 3 Series has low input lag right?

Obviously your heart is set on the Samsung, so go for it. Otherwise you will always have a "what if" doubt if you buy any other model against your better judgement

No no , nothing like that..I just want a good LCD , that's it...
I really don't care about the company.. :)

There are few sony models available on ebay with free shipping all over india..
Most probably these are grey products and will offer you dealers warranty only..

32EX300 at 27900/-

eBay India: Brand New Sony Bravia EX300 32" LCD TV with Warranty (item 160435728395 end time 26-May-2010 00:30:00 IST)

32BX300 at 25290/-

eBay India: SONY BRAVIA 32" KLV-32BX300 32 LCD TV + DEALER WARRANTY (item 350355781404 end time 26-May-2010 09:00:00 IST)

Sorry if I confused you more.. :)

Also x9 is available for 25990/- free shipping

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280508842263#ht_6155wt_53111

Last edited:
There are few sony models available on ebay with free shipping all over india..
Most probably these are grey products and will offer you dealers warranty only..

32EX300 at 27900/-

eBay India: Brand New Sony Bravia EX300 32" LCD TV with Warranty (item 160435728395 end time 26-May-2010 00:30:00 IST)

32BX300 at 25290/-

eBay India: SONY BRAVIA 32" KLV-32BX300 32 LCD TV + DEALER WARRANTY (item 350355781404 end time 26-May-2010 09:00:00 IST)

Sorry if I confused you more.. :)

Also x9 is available for 25990/- free shipping

eBay India: 32" PANASONIC X9 LCD TV - HD READY With Card Reader (item 280508842263 end time 28-May-2010 19:10:11 IST)

Lol, i am confused again :(

How come is the Panny X9 costlier than Sony BX 300?
Also , is BX300 better or X9?

^Its because the sony is a grey model piece where as the panasonic comes with official warranty.
Well i would go with EX300 but not the BX300.The BX SD quality & motion is inferior to the EX300.
the BX300 costs 24k in the grey market and 19k in countries like sg,my,th.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back