Samsung 40"C 550/C630 confused please help

Okay....42c450 is confusing me more.plasma..isn't all this basic issues we are solving by 100 hz and so...but my 8-9 feet viewing distance + NO full HD is concern.
But How much Full HD can come handy...?
May be time will come when only BD only exist?
or our HD will be full HD ?
I am not much into gaming...Too articles and blogs are confusing me...
and I am still to able to find samsung c450 plasma in blr show room

Well do you wonder why plasma too put similar stuff now.
These lcds reflect way less and have deep blacks ,overall superior contrast.
the samsung takes blur and has judder correction.

Okay one more doubt hanging around.Samsung is 40",so can it take advantage of Full HD ?.
Will 42c450 do more appropriate for 9 feet viewing distance?

Okay....42c450 is confusing me more.plasma..isn't all this basic issues we are solving by 100 hz and so...but my 8-9 feet viewing distance + NO full HD is concern.
But How much Full HD can come handy...?
May be time will come when only BD only exist?
or our HD will be full HD ?
I am not much into gaming...Too articles and blogs are confusing me...
and I am still to able to find samsung c450 plasma in blr show room

8-9 feet viewing distance is fine for 42 inch screen.

If you are serious about plasma

1- Make sure you can control light in your room. If it is overly bright and you can not control lights by thick curtains then Plasma is a big NO.

2- Make sure you are not going to use it as PC monitor (or in other words, displaying static images for long time on plasma is not recommended)

3- You have to take care of initial 100 hours of burn-in period for Plasma. brightness 50%, contrast 50%, full screen content only (no black bars).

4- on 42 incher, you wont notice difference between 720p and 1080p at 8 feet distance. If you don't have 1080p content to play then FullHD TV is not useful;720p set is sufficient.

But I think soon our DTH will be HD and isn't better to have 1080p.
Also today I went to croma (koramangala) and saw c450 with some DVD displayed.It was full of grains and was pathetic.I think there may be some thing wrong in the setup or may some connection is loose becoz I don't think c430 can be that bad.LG displayed below was look far better.

There was no one to help me out to try few options in croma,asked few times waited for 20 mins and came off.So could'nt test but I found all the TV's(c450,c550,c630) I shortlisted there so may be I will try to go there some other time.

I can control light in my room and won't connect my computer I have another monitor for same.

But I think soon our DTH will be HD and isn't better to have 1080p.
Also today I went to croma (koramangala) and saw c450 with some DVD displayed.It was full of grains and was pathetic.I think there may be some thing wrong in the setup or may some connection is loose becoz I don't think c430 can be that bad.LG displayed below was look far better.

There was no one to help me out to try few options in croma,asked few times waited for 20 mins and came off.So could'nt test but I found all the TV's(c450,c550,c630) I shortlisted there so may be I will try to go there some other time.

I can control light in my room and won't connect my computer I have another monitor for same.

The HD DTH is already launched.. it is 1080i which looks equally good on 720p and 1080p sets..

You can not trust content displayed on showrooms for demo.. It is better to take your own dvd/bd player or USB stick for demo..

The HD DTH is already launched.. it is 1080i which looks equally good on 720p and 1080p sets..

You can not trust content displayed on showrooms for demo.. It is better to take your own dvd/bd player or USB stick for demo..

Best is to take a good quality movie in USB stick and check it out. Watch the movie in your CRT before starting to get the perspective. Since USB files are directly decoded, there wont be any signal loss for the most part.

I went again to croma but c430 was not impressive for me.

Can you gurus suggest some panny models I can evaluate.V20 has black level issues as 2009 models?.Samsung 42c550(Plasma) is not available any where to evaluate.I am read reviews of G and S Series but a head start from here with current data(Which I am lacking) will be greatly appreciated.

For me 40c550(LCD) looked good and even 40c630 is gud but not much difference.The tough thing is that I am not able to find a place where i can demo tv with DTH/HD etc.(Most of them are not ready to connect DTH and show).All dealers seems to have connected specific source to specific type of TV just to impress customer.

I was shocked when croma guy told they have connected only sony via HDMI for HD all other are composite!!

Have Purchased 40C550 from Spar Hypermarket-Manthri Mall.
Had enquired prices from E-Zone,Croma,Adishwar and Devi International,out of which Devi was the lowest with 55k,Ezone was highest at 63.5K.
When i went to Spar and asked them their best price,they told me that they wud better Devi's Price if i booked immdtly,
Manager in the electronics department showed my his landed price at 53780 and when i asked him how he cud manage with just 220rs Margin,he told me that he can easily recover it with other retail item in Spar but since LCD has high value he has been authorised to work with the lowest margin.
Will get it delivered trow and have asked the samsung guy to come down on Saturday for Installation,

So if someone wants to go for LCD check either in Devi International or SPAR only,For god sake dont buy in Ezone or Croma which depend primarily of Electronic gadgets for sale and hence have kept higher margins for themselves.

At last I ordered C630.My search started from c530,c430 and C10,s10 then ended in c630,v20.
Even though C430 has good review in forum I didn't find it very good.c530 was good but side by side comparison with c630.C630 was ahead in black.(I donno how it happened even thgh contrast is not very much different).V20 was good.But I have to wall mount it to veener wall and heat generation was a concern and also power consumption concerns since I have run it in a inverter some time (almost 50W difference on ave).

I am satisfied with black levels of c630/sd.For movies you might feel some artificial enhancement to the pic but I would like to say "I want to love it".
More on this when I get it tommorow.Due to my search I missed world cup finals by a day.

To others who are searching for plasma/LCD Modern world(Domlur,Bangalore) is excellent place to compare TV.They also have arrangement to show different input like DVD/SD/BD etc.They have a beautiful arrangement and sales ppl are good.Most of the other place like croma and ezone sucks in this.May be they will give good quote.They are not able to match the quote I got becoz I got it through a friend in samsung with employee discount.

Thanks to all forum members who helped me and poured in their unbeatable knowledge.I think forums really change the way consumers shops,10 years back sales man can sell any thing to you.

Finally I just bought home 40C650 yesterday for 62K, from yesbee electronics Bangalore.
I am looking for internet & movie play through USB, I ended up in buying this model.
PQ on SD looks ok not great and am looking to go for DTH providers later.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back