Samsung blu-ray 3d/dvd player bd - e5500

I thought it will be difficult, but it was so easy to make it region free with the given code !
Now my BDP 5100 is playing US DVDs.

Great! Enjoy! Yes, it's very easy. It takes only few minutes to make it region free and you can do it just using the remote. I remember, 10 years ago, I had to pay 25 Euros to make my Sony DVD player, bought in Brussels, region free.

Making the player region free for DVD's is easy, but not for Blu-ray disc. The player will play discs marked with 'Region C' or "All region". As of now it cannot be made region free for Blu-rays. The player is locked to Region C.

This Samsung 3D Bluray player has only 2 output connectors at the back. one is HDMI and the other is Digital Coaxial Audio out. I have connected the HDMI to my TV and I can watch movies on my TV. I have a stereo amplifier which has only RCA audio IN jacks. Pls. tell me how should I connect this bluray player to the amplifier for listening to music...
Eagerly awaiting to replies from the forum members...Thanks in advance.

This Samsung 3D Bluray player has only 2 output connectors at the back. one is HDMI and the other is Digital Coaxial Audio out. I have connected the HDMI to my TV and I can watch movies on my TV. I have a stereo amplifier which has only RCA audio IN jacks. Pls. tell me how should I connect this bluray player to the amplifier for listening to music...
Eagerly awaiting to replies from the forum members...Thanks in advance.

Awesome... I think you better connect the rca jacks to the tv and take an output from there.. Its gonna be a task otherwise.. Connecting the digital to analog converter.. And taking an out from there... If you insist search ebay for optical to rca converter...
Some thing like http://www.ebay.in/itm/Digital-to-A...1?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item33807929b9

I got this player with my 3D TV. I connect my portable USB powered 500GB HDD to the player and play files of it. I have decent experience playing non-3D files.
I have mixed opinion about playing some 3D mkv files, some play good and some don't.
One particular 3D mkv file had DTS 7.1 - which when played, always skips audio. I removed that particular DTS file, converted to AC3 2.0 and muxed back with the video. This time the file played absolutely fine.
One particular 3D mkv file used to get stuck during high action scenes. This file too had a DTS audio, but 5.1. My first reaction was the USB is not able to stream high amount of data - but i plan test again with audio converted to AC3.

Also, In general, I noticed an issue when scenes involves panning - the video is not smooth and "stutters" - this is applicable for any video (2D or 3D)
If anyone was found a solution to this - please let me know.

Hi guys,
Its been long time..
I still havent found a solution to the problem. Recently i updated the firmware of the bluray player and tried playing movies via usb outlet but no success.
I am planning to sell off this bluray player and buy another one.
Any suggestions which bluray player will work best with Denon AVR X1000 to play movies via USB outlet from pendrive or HDD.
Thanks in advance

I'm in confusion between Samsung BD-H6500 and BD-H5500 models. I have a 3D SMART TV, so no specific need for that wifi/ or SMART HUB features in player. When I closely watched the specifications, the main difference that confuses me is in the AUDIO department:

H6500 has DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio Decoding with Audio decoding output Dolby Decoding 7.1 Channel while the H5500 don't have DTS-HD MA and only 2.1 decoding??

I'm planning to pair it with a AVR capable of decoding DTS-HD MA ... Both of the above players has DTS-HD Bitstream Output and LPCM. I think both of these will send true uncompressed Master Audio to AVR through HDMI; so AVR do the decoding..

:confused: Please guide me...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back