Samsung Galaxy Tab P3100 - One question

petes

Folks!!

After going through many reviews I have made up my mind to get this Tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100)....one question though

Is it possible to get a 3G SIM card without Voice...I mean the SIM card should support only data and not voice..

This is because, I dont want to use one more number for this tablet as my basic usage will be only browsing and not making calls...

hope u understood..

Thanks!!

I think you have to subscribe to only data Plans in 3G to get no voice......most probably BSNL has it......

It should be possible. I use a P3100 with a regular SIM card, but it the tablet has the option of turning off voice, and going into what they call a "Data Network Mode".

I'm certain BSNL gives data only SIMs and I'm fairly certain DoCoMo has the same. So I guess all providers should be able to set you up with a data only SIM.

The P3100 is indeed a very good buy. It is incredible value for money.

Please goto bsnl ask for ipad data sim. It supports only data..but since its microsim u need to buy adaptor for use in samsung..
data tarriff also cheaper , offers unlimited 3g plans with fup...

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion guys...but is it possible to use 2G also..??
I guess it should be coz the one which support 3G should also go with 2G..right

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back