Samsung LED TV UA40H5100AR & JBL SB400 Soundbar

ace_mobius

Hello,

Recently I have purchased JBL SB400 Soundbar and want to connect it directly to my TV - Samsung UA40H5100AR.

The TV has 2 HDMI Ports (One HDMI STB + One HDMI DVI), Audio Out Mini Jack, Component In (AV & Y/Pb/Pr) connections.

The JBL SB400 has 3 HDMI IN + 1 HDMI ARC Out, One Optical IN and one Auxiliary IN.

I am unable to connect this soundbar directly to the TV and I have tried the following combinations:

- TV HDMI STB to Soundbar HDMI ARC Out
- TV HDMI DVI to Soundbar HDMI ARC Out
- TV Component IN AV to Soundbar Aux In
- Not sure if I tried TV Component Pb/Pr to Soundbar Aux In

Just additional information about my setup - I do not have any set top boxes or any consoles for playing content. I only use USB to play any downloaded movies or media content.

Right now, I am at my wits end on whether I have made a serious blunder and will never be able to effectively use the JBL SB400 - have spent a decent amount on this..

What am I doing wrong and how do I get to the right setup?

Regards,

Anant

P.S.: I don't think there is anything wrong with the soundbar - i used the bluetooth feature to stream media from my mobile to the soundbar and it was playing smoothly.

Try these two options...

Option 1

STB/DVD/BDP HDMI out to JBL HDMI IN
JBL HDMI ARC out to TV HDMI IN

Option 2

STB to TV using HDMI or Component (video YBR and audio Left and Right)
TV audio out Mini Jack to JBL Aux IN

Try these two options...

Option 1

STB/DVD/BDP HDMI out to JBL HDMI IN
JBL HDMI ARC out to TV HDMI IN

Option 2

STB to TV using HDMI or Component (video YBR and audio Left and Right)
TV audio out Mini Jack to JBL Aux IN

Option 1 is better.

Thanks for the responses pkr & Pradeep.. however Option 2 given by pkr will not work for me because I do not have a Setop Box (STB).

I tried option 1, but the result is the same - the audio is not getting passed from the TV to the soundbar.

The problem, from what little I have read, according to me is that the audio feed is not getting passed from the TV to the external speaker i.e. the soundbar.

As my TV, even though purchased couple of months back, is an older model - so it doesn't have any HDMI ARC slot nor Optical Audio Out slot. It only has a Audio Out Mini Jack Slot.

So I need to use a 3.5 mm mini jack to Aux In cable or a Toslink to 3.5 mm Mini Jack cable to re-direct the audio feed from the TV to the soundbar.

Do you think this will work?

Regards,

Anant

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back