samsung plasma 3d no hdmi 1.4?

drkavint

i went through the catalog of samsung 51d550 comparisons. it says its hdmi 1.3a not 1.4,, and doesn't support audio return channel.. can any user confirm it.. also hd ready model (series 4) supports digital broadcast. not full hd( SERIES 5)

i went through the catalog of samsung 51d550 comparisons. it says its hdmi 1.3a not 1.4,, and doesn't support audio return channel.. can any user confirm it.. also hd ready model (series 4) supports digital broadcast. not full hd( SERIES 5)

Hi,

It is a good question...

But, can we discuss these matters in the dedicated thread below.
(Experts are watching that thread frequently :))
http://www.hifivision.com/television/17478-2011-samsung-plasma-3d-ps51d550.html

Thanks

i read that hdmi 1.3 can carry 3d signals at 720p.. but not 1080p.. hence 3d full hd is it gimmic or does tv has hdmi 1.4? no users manual available to check. i written to samsung support but no reply.. why no audio return support not available? also samsung hub interface is not available, no skype?/ oh god atlast my mind says wait for lg plasma 2011 models before to buy samsung.. somebody help me..

i read that hdmi 1.3 can carry 3d signals at 720p.. but not 1080p.. hence 3d full hd is it gimmic or does tv has hdmi 1.4? no users manual available to check. i written to samsung support but no reply.. why no audio return support not available? also samsung hub interface is not available, no skype?/ oh god atlast my mind says wait for lg plasma 2011 models before to buy samsung.. somebody help me..

Now what are you exactly trying to do here?

How did you conclude u need HDMI 1.4 for 3D?

What is that audio return support you are talking about?

How are you sure these apps such as skype or even media hub is not available?

Do you own a Samsung plasma or any Samsung LCD? If you don't then how do you expect Samsung support to respond? do other manufacturers have support for people who don't own their product?

Finally what particular model of plasma are we talking about?

Read the this if you get a chance:

SAMSUNG Internet@TV

Plasma TV with style and 3D - PS51D550 - Plasma TV - Television | SAMSUNG

You Don't Need HDMI 1.4 Cables For 3D TV - The Consumerist

Save your money: You don't need fancy "HDMI 1.4" cables for 3D TV

no i checked it it is only samsung hub that has skype. this 5 series does not have it... it is lower version..

oh god no hdmi 1.4 also.. i called samsung support 30308282 / 1-800-11-0011..
regarding 3d.. please read wiki forum u need 1.4 hdmi for 1080p 3d..
for 720p 3d 1.3 is sufficient.. play station has 1.3 only..yet can play 3d by reducing resolution to 720p....

samsung has hdmi 1.3 with auto3d selection for hdmi 1.4 input...

it means u receive and display 2d pictures in 1080p
and
3d will be received 1080p from source ( samsung has auto 3d for 1.4 input). Because of auto 3d feature the 3d BLURAY player(source) will recognize tv as full hd for 3d i.e. like 1.4 version however once signal touches samsung board, IT will be processed as 720p ( of course upscaled AGAIN by samsung to 1080p and displaced as 1080p finally)

SO 4 SERIES IS BETTER FOR 3D THAN 5 SERIES BECAUSE PS51 4 SERIES HAS TRUE HDMI 1.4. SO 3D WILL BE RECEIVED AT 1080P BUT DISPLAYED AS 720P, UNLIKE
5 SERIES WHERE 1080P=> CONVERTED AT HDMI END AS 720P, PROCESSED AGAIN AND CONVERTED AS 1080P..
SEEMS CRAPPY BUT GUYS HELP ME ABOUT THIS ISSUE....

ANY ONE WHO OWN 5 SERIES TV AND HAS 3D AV RECEIVER ONLY CAN CHECK THIS OUT AND HE CAN CONFIRM IT....
SAMSUNG SUPPORT HAS NOT MUCH IDEA ....I FEEL THAT IS THE REASON WHY 3D PLASMA IS AT THROWN AWAY PRICES...WHEN U COMPARE TO REAL 1080P 3D TV, WHICH HAS HDMI 1.4. WITH AUDIO RETURN SUPPORT..

Last edited:
Iam not trying to disappoint u guys, but telling fact..
Iam also buying 5 series for 65k, have booked today ,

my local service guy explained why rate is cheap..
Iam just telling fact it is upscaled 1080p 3d not true 1080p 3d....
In two weeks i will post pic and review of tv

no i checked it it is only samsung hub that has skype. this 5 series does not have it... it is lower version..

oh god no hdmi 1.4 also.. i called samsung support 30308282 / 1-800-11-0011..
regarding 3d.. please read wiki forum u need 1.4 hdmi for 1080p 3d..
for 720p 3d 1.3 is sufficient.. play station has 1.3 only..yet can play 3d by reducing resolution to 720p....

samsung has hdmi 1.3 with auto3d selection for hdmi 1.4 input...

it means u receive and display 2d pictures in 1080p
and
3d will be received 1080p from source ( samsung has auto 3d for 1.4 input). Because of auto 3d feature the 3d BLURAY player(source) will recognize tv as full hd for 3d i.e. like 1.4 version however once signal touches samsung board, IT will be processed as 720p ( of course upscaled AGAIN by samsung to 1080p and displaced as 1080p finally)

SO 4 SERIES IS BETTER FOR 3D THAN 5 SERIES BECAUSE PS51 4 SERIES HAS TRUE HDMI 1.4. SO 3D WILL BE RECEIVED AT 1080P BUT DISPLAYED AS 720P, UNLIKE
5 SERIES WHERE 1080P=> CONVERTED AT HDMI END AS 720P, PROCESSED AGAIN AND CONVERTED AS 1080P..
SEEMS CRAPPY BUT GUYS HELP ME ABOUT THIS ISSUE....

ANY ONE WHO OWN 5 SERIES TV AND HAS 3D AV RECEIVER ONLY CAN CHECK THIS OUT AND HE CAN CONFIRM IT....
SAMSUNG SUPPORT HAS NOT MUCH IDEA ....I FEEL THAT IS THE REASON WHY 3D PLASMA IS AT THROWN AWAY PRICES...WHEN U COMPARE TO REAL 1080P 3D TV, WHICH HAS HDMI 1.4. WITH AUDIO RETURN SUPPORT..

drkavinit, what you are saying is incorrect. The PS3 can deliver full 1080P 3D through it's HDMI 1.3 interface.

CNET carried out a test of the PS3 after the 3D playback update. Here's a quote from that.

"For our test we hooked up our PS3 Slim to a number of 3D TVs in our TV test lab: the LG 47LX9500, Panasonic TC-P50VT25, the Samsung UN55C8000, and the Sony KDL-46NX810--representing all of the current flat-panel 3D TV makers. In each case the PS3 delivered what was, as far as we can tell by eye and the TVs' status indicators and menus, Full HD 3D, aka 1080p to each eye via the frame-packing format used by Blu-ray."

Here's the link to the full article.. Hands on with PS3's 3D Blu-ray update | Crave - CNET

And please don't use full caps on the forum to shout..

regarding 3d.. please read wiki forum u need 1.4 hdmi

1.4 is not required for 3D 1080p play back , if wiki says so then they are wrong.

All other things you mentioned in your post feels like assumptions with no proper exposure.

OMG, you started a thread believing the CRAP written on some catalog? Why are you being so hyper about something you don't know? Why are you believing something written on the site and trusting it and building an entire world of theories which are utterly baseless?

This is what the site say HDMI 1.4 3D Auto Setting Yes

And the manual says that it supports the frame sequential full hd BR spec. What is the confusion? I believe ARC is not available and thats about it.. ARC is anyway useless in most situations as it doesn't carry multichannel audio.

Last edited:
This is not the relevant thread to post this question, so kindly excuse.

I was checking the Samsung website and came acorss the model PS43D490. Its a Plasma 3D HDTV- link
The price quoted was 50k and is available in market at 43k.

I stay in trichy(TN) and could not preview this model anywhere in the city. It would be great if someone could share some reviews/info/anything:D about this model.
Also I have the following questions,
1. How good is HD ready 3D TV's compared to FHD 3D?
2. Is this model based on Active 3D or Passive 3D?
3. How is the PQ? Will there be considerable difference between HD and FHD making me regret this purchase decision after 2 years?:sad:

Simple it plays 720p video in 3D which is good but 1080p 3D is definitely better.

Passive

3. How is the PQ? Will there be considerable difference between HD and FHD making me regret this purchase decision after 2 years?:sad:

In 2011 i don't think anyone should buy a HD ready tv, FHD tv is the choice.

I was checking the Samsung website and came acorss the model PS43D490. Its a Plasma 3D HDTV- link

I stay in trichy(TN) and could not preview this model anywhere in the city. It would be great if someone could share some reviews/info/anything:D about this model.

friend,u can get a small review of d490 which i did here > http://www.hifivision.com/television/17858-samsung-42d490-any-reviews.html#post244556
..though it's for the 51"& not for the 43 incher!

i bought lg 50" hd ready tv exactly 1 yr.11 months back.. taken amc for 3 years, thought 1080p/i will come by 2014..i had no hdmi device at that time..
now
1. pc is 1080p hdmi
2. asus hd2 media player 1080p hdmi
3. lg dvd 1080p hdmi
4. reliance hd-dvr 1080i hdmi
5.my canon forgotten serial is 720p hdmi
(((((i had bought and sold nokia n8 which had hdmi)))

6.going to buy ps3 1080p hdmi (3d)
7. going to buy lg optimus 3d 1080p hdmi (3d)
so i suggest u to go for
1. minimum 4 hdmi input
2. 1080p ll hd tv
3. 3d for future
i planned for lg but 2011 no passive cinema for plasma model, not interested in led, so
ordered plasma samsung 51",,( i personally liked 7 series but may be available in india 2012..)
i ordered 51psd550 for 62,000. without glass(( known shop through friend)> IF U WANT I WILL ASK THEM TO DELIVER TO TRICHY FOR SAME>>wait for 10 days, come to namakkal my house for demo...
to my knowledge 3d glasses are not yet shipped to India.. so u need to wait and buy them, each pair is 9000.. battery operated and 13000 for rechargeable..( 2 glasses)
lg costs less if u buy infrared active glasses..but i want to change brand so opting for samsung..

i ordered 51psd550 for 62,000. without glass(( known shop through friend)> IF U WANT I WILL ASK THEM TO DELIVER TO TRICHY FOR SAME>>wait for 10 days, come to namakkal my house for demo...
to my knowledge 3d glasses are not yet shipped to India.. so u need to wait and buy them, each pair is 9000.. battery operated and 13000 for rechargeable..( 2 glasses)
lg costs less if u buy infrared active glasses..but i want to change brand so opting for samsung..

The only thing stopping me from going for the 51" model is the size of my room:D. But the offer looks very enticing, will message you.

Someone mentioned that the PS43D490 is passive 3D. Is PS51D550 active 3D?
I am asking this question based on the cost of the lens mentioned by drkavint. Kindly clarify on the same.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back