Samsung Plasma 51F5500 Owners Thread /Reviews/Discussions!!

The direct playback with USB by the TV gives awful sound. Like you, I also experienced the same thing, near negligible sound from the TV. I think there is some issue with the playback which can't reproduce or amplify the sound from movie files. Though I have tewo movies one with a dubbed soundtrack and another with a dual soundtrack. For both Hindi soundtrack, the volume is good, but for English soundtrack, it refuses to amplify.

BTW, the same audiotracks works fine, if you are using a BDP to play it. SO it seems there is some issue with the media player given with the TV.

Another point is that overall the TV sound quality is Average or less than average. In fact my old Sony LCD speakers were better.

All Samsung irrespective of lcds,leds,plasma have shit of audio quality.Need to go for hometheaters.I have one 32inch samsung lcd when you hear audio from tv , my old thompson tv has better sound.

My responses for each of the queries in BOLD. Hope it will help you.

As far as BluRay player goes nothing beats Samsung BD F6500 @9.5k ! Also learnt that it can be made region free in few easy steps in 10 seconds! I reccomend it to everyone looking to buy a stand-alone bluray player. It is feature packed and looks great too!

Also happy to know about no limit of 3D goggles used at a time so ordering two twin packs straight away from ebay.

As far as BluRay player goes nothing beats Samsung BD F6500 @9.5k ! Also learnt that it can be made region free in few easy steps in 10 seconds! I reccomend it to everyone looking to buy a stand-alone bluray player. It is feature packed and looks great too!

F6500 can be made region free for DVD only. Could not get any info regarding the possibility of making it region free for Blu Rays. Hope I am not missing any info. In any case almost all players are easily hackable to make it region free for DVDs. In fact, many has found that in India and many region, quite a number of BDPs comes as region free for DVDs from factory itself.

In case you have found a way to make F6500 region free for Blu Ray as well, do share the info in the forum so that other members can be benefited from it.

Samsung offering Extended Warranty on LEDs and Plasma for free . Also a extra pair of 3D Glasses free. Offer Valid till 9 August 2013 to 25 August 2013.

For Plasma 51F5500 it one year of extra Warranty worth Rs. 4000.

Extra pair of 3D glasses worth Rs. 2600

So the effective price hike is null now.

Buzzing sound -not so far. In any case I never tried to place my ear on the screen :D .

Anyway, not only this one, I never heard buzzing sound from any TV so afr I have seen/ demoed. Buzzing sound (if any), may be it can be heard by people highly sensitive to such sound, which I think I am not.

Hussshhh......... finally got my Sammy 51F5500, delivered yesterday evening. its Big, beautiful and yes quite bold. First impression HD quality is stunning, SD obviously is not at all matching to my Sony 29" trinitron. HD STB upgrade is a must now. Thanks all for making this purchase decision a smoothy. This was quite a year plus search ended with some good quality product.

Cheers..... Mangesh

Hussshhh......... finally got my Sammy 51F5500, delivered yesterday evening. its Big, beautiful and yes quite bold. First impression HD quality is stunning, SD obviously is not at all matching to my Sony 29" trinitron. HD STB upgrade is a must now. Thanks all for making this purchase decision a smoothy. This was quite a year plus search ended with some good quality product.

Cheers..... Mangesh
Congrats Mangesh. Happy viewing.
So what was the final price paid?

Hi Mangesh,

Congrats,

Please give your views on screen reflection. How good or bad it is in bright daylight room.
Also tell us the price

Hi Mangesh,

Congrats,

Please give your views on screen reflection. How good or bad it is in bright daylight room.
Also tell us the price
The answer to this question is highly subjective and judgmental because some people may tolerate reflections more than others. I, personally, have low tolerance. As regards to plasma, because it has a glass top, the reflections are high. If you have a large window/door behind the TV or in the reflected line of sight, then the problem is compounded. But this can be very easily controlled with thick/heavy drapes. I have done the same and I am not disturbed by reflections any more.

No such model for India. :mad:

Darn .. so the best F series is the massive(ly expensive) 65F8500? One cant buy the 51F8500? :(

The next best is the 51F5500 then? I wanted to buy a little higher end from the 5500 since it will be a 5 year investment.

hi guys after following last 5 months for samsung plasma 51f5500/51f8500 & decided to buy it yesterday for extended warranty offer, demoed 51f5500 in dfferent conditiond in day, night but unfortunately it is not suitable for my living room environment (though i am having curtains) due to low brightness, reflections, & some heating. As some ambi light pops up in the room black becomes grey & low lit scene looks not punchier. so as 51f8500 not launched in india i have to settle with no option but LED unfortunately.
'
but one thing sure when light goes & room gets darker it best for movies & sports...

Hi Mangesh,

Congrats,

Also tell us the price

hi,

As Just4kix has described, it depends on the room environment totally, it holds the plasma reflection issue as usual. If you can control the light , then this is pretty cool. I have watched Avatar and few other scifi movies on BDP and boss..... its damn good in controlled light condition. For complete day light viewing this is a big disaapointing. As many a times it is said in this forum... plasma is strictly for movies and not for daily soaps...IMHO.

I paid Rs.75K and got the offer of one year extended warranty plus 2 3d glasses 4100 GB. Bajaj Finance 12 EMI hassle free funding.

Hope this helps.

Regards... Mangesh

@ Manzb:

Where did you buy yours from?
I am keen to buy a higher model than 51F5500 but seems like there isnt one besides the 65F8500.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back