Samsung Plasma PS50C6500 Owners Thread (Impressions,Settings, Issues)

my 6500 has a problem the scrolling bars dont work and the sound starts 6 seconds after the picture even if i change channels, spoke to samsung but they are refusing to replace it the tv is two months old please advise what to do?

my 6500 has a problem the scrolling bars dont work and the sound starts 6 seconds after the picture even if i change channels, spoke to samsung but they are refusing to replace it the tv is two months old please advise what to do?

Did you try a difference source? like DVD player or blue ray player?

I guessing the problem u have is through a cable box , so it could not even be a problem with the tv, if there is real problem then Samsung will replace it and they have to.

I have had problems with audio sync and that was a problem with my big tv set top box and not the tv.

Did you try a difference source? like DVD player or blue ray player?

I guessing the problem u have is through a cable box , so it could not even be a problem with the tv, if there is real problem then Samsung will replace it and they have to.

I have had problems with audio sync and that was a problem with my big tv set top box and not the tv.

ya its from all sources the dvd player, hdd, cable internet at tv everything. they its been three weeks theyre saying they are saying the head office is not allowing them to replace the tv. they have asked the head office again and are awaiting a reply. they told me this today the said that the replacement was probably refused because stock is unavailable. is that possible or are they lying?

ya its from all sources the dvd player, hdd, cable internet at tv everything. they its been three weeks theyre saying they are saying the head office is not allowing them to replace the tv. they have asked the head office again and are awaiting a reply. they told me this today the said that the replacement was probably refused because stock is unavailable. is that possible or are they lying?

Quite strange this sound sync issue, ask for a refund if stock not available, they will refund you.

Did you try updating to the latest firmware from samsung India website?

Yes all the C series models are DELETED from the site :) Hope to seem more D series models soon.

Has anyone been able to update the firmware? I tried updating to the latest version available on the web (1015) and it returns an error after showing it to be "82% complete".

I modified the TV version to c8000 and put it in hotel mode (don't know if that has anything to do with the firmware update).

^ Oh yes it has, do a factory reset in service menu and then update the firmware.

btw thanks for the heads up on the new firmware, ive been waiting for this.

Has anyone been able to update the firmware? I tried updating to the latest version available on the web (1015) and it returns an error after showing it to be "82% complete".
Where can one find the '1015' firmware? The Samsung India website no longer lists the TV so it's not possible to get the firmware from there. It would be nice if someone who may have downloaded and saved the file can post it here for others to use.

Sanjay, that is just the crappy user experience on the sammy india website. They have the TV in a section called "archived TVs". Here's a link to the latest firmware (they uploaded 1016 a few days ago!).

Thank you.

Sanjay, that is just the crappy user experience on the sammy india website. They have the TV in a section called "archived TVs". Here's a link to the latest firmware (they uploaded 1016 a few days ago!).
Thanks for the link. I had actually done a search on the Samsung website for '50C6500' and the search reported 'nothing found'. I just did the search again, this time for 'PS50C6500' and it found the archived tv page. Clearly this just poor search programming and a search on the string '50C6500' should have also brought the same results. Also, what is the point of having a networked TV that is setup for downloading firmware updates directly, if when you check for an update the server reports that there is no new firmware available for update? Seems like another example of someone not doing their job.

PS: Any idea what these updates entail? It is sad that Samsung does not deem it fit to provide a changelog.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, after an hour of struggling I was able to install the 1016 firmware. If you have changed the model to c8000, please note that a factory reset will NOT change it back to c6500, and so you will NOT be able to update the firmware. Here's how you can do it:

- Change the mode to hotel mode (power on-mute-1-1-9-enter)
- Go to the service menu and go through the elaborate charade described on page 16 of this thread (try to clone the TV to a USB, but without inserting a USB)
- This will enable changing the model. Change it back to PC6500.
- Upgrade the firmware
- Then repeat these steps to change the model back to PC8000

Haven't calibrated the TV yet so can't say if the upgrade improved PQ. Will report on that separately.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back