Samsung Plasma PS50C6500 Owners Thread (Impressions,Settings, Issues)

Do you guys see zudder in this model? especially when a fast moving big objects that have vertical borders?

ex:
a scene where camera is moving from left to right or right to left, i see that motion is not smooth

in avatar, when jake comes out of space ship in wheel chair, and sees a big truck that moves front of him with arrows on the wheels.
you can see the vertical borders of the vehicle while moving, i see zudder.

^ that kind of judder will be there in all tv's except when u engage this motion smoothness feature in higher end Samsung models and Philips LCD's which have DNM.

Do you guys see zudder in this model? especially when a fast moving big objects that have vertical borders?

ex:
a scene where camera is moving from left to right or right to left, i see that motion is not smooth

in avatar, when jake comes out of space ship in wheel chair, and sees a big truck that moves front of him with arrows on the wheels.

Just an trial.. turn of the 24Hz function in BD player and see whether the same judder exists in the specific scene?

ex:

Judder is an existing problem with these model C6500 that is why we need the motion judder canceller! It makes it very smooth... Someone please tell us how to enable it in the services menu

Judder is an existing problem with these model C6500 that is why we need the motion judder canceller! It makes it very smooth... Someone please tell us how to enable it in the services menu

I read eslewhere in the forum that this can be avoided by turning on similar features as 24p smooth playback that many manufacturers provide nowadays in their tv in different names which actually sends the video in 48 / 72 / 96 Hz but even then this cannot totally eliminate the judder. I am on lookout for 50V20D of panasonic and seems even that also has the same issue. Am wondering whether to discard buying panasonic plasma altogether and lean towards BRAVIA 46Ex710. At least the frame extrapolation in the BRAVIA is something that I have read to be the best among SAMSUNG, LG and PANA. Not that this is my final verdict though on the plasmas but it is just that I am demoralized on this finding about the otherwise perfect (in reviews) of the Panasonic 50V20D.

Changing model to c8000 from service menu is supposed to give option of motion judder canceller

But when I did this I couldn't find this option, so reverted back to 6500

Did anyone succeed at this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changing model to c8000 from service menu is supposed to give option of motion judder canceller

But when I did this I couldn't find this option, so reverted back to 6500

Did anyone succeed at this?

Have you tried it to change the model nomber to C7000 insted of C8000? You may need to do it after enabling hotel mode on.

Go and see a C7000 in action your jaw will be dropped extremelly smooth motion with motion judder canceller on... I would not wish for better motion handling

I also made my tv c7000 and still no judder menu

Seems this option is not available in Asia or on latest firmware

Dkaile, you have been warned and infracted. If you do not have anything serious to contribute to the thread, keep away from it.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
i just started using my tv, i have a few questions
1. in the screen burn protection menu the scrolling option doesnt turn on when i select scrolling.how do i fix this?
2. apart from the usual apps how do i get apps like skype on the tv?
3.how can we use youtube HD on the internet@tv i can only use regular youtube?

i just started using my tv, i have a few questions
1. in the screen burn protection menu the scrolling option doesnt turn on when i select scrolling.how do i fix this?
2. apart from the usual apps how do i get apps like skype on the tv?
3.how can we use youtube HD on the internet@tv i can only use regular youtube?
1. You may not be able to use the option in "Screen Fit" picture scanning mode.
2. Search in Samsung Apps, it should be there if your TV supports it.
3. You can not use it. However there is another Video streaming app (can't remember on top of my head) which supports HD streaming, search in Samsung Apps

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back