Samsung Plasma PS50C6500 Owners Thread (Impressions,Settings, Issues)

Can somebody give me step by step for PVR recording.I have enabled the PVR function ,iam not able to follow the video posted by Markross, what should i do after enabiling the PVR function? I have a USB plugged in already.

If one goes into the extended service menu like Markross instructed then there are options to turn on lot of things, there is even an option to turn on 3D below the 24p support option.

new to forum so short: Hi @ all.

@markross: is there also a way to enable the 10point white balance adjustment in the service menu??

Note of caution: The youtube app stops working once you change the model to PC8000. To top that, once you change the model, you cannot change it back - it becomes grayed out! So far it's no big deal, but I was a little spooked that I couldn't change the model back!

After changing the TV to 8000 by any chance does the 3D features got enabled ? Anybody tested the same>>:licklips:

can anyone please help me out with the service menu code and how to check viewing hours? pressing mute 1 8 2 power didnt work..:( thanks

^^

while in standby
info menu mute power

look at the previous page of this thread to find some more tricks given by markross

Last edited:
can anyone please help me out with the service menu code and how to check viewing hours? pressing mute 1 8 2 power didnt work..:( thanks

to check the panel display hours

1- turn the tv on by hitting POWER
2- hit MUTE 1 1 9 ENTER
3- A menu will appear that says Hotel mode OFF
4- click on the RIGHT ARROW on the remote twice, to set HOTEL MODE = ON
5-Turn the TV OFF
6- Hit INFO MENU MUTE POWER to turn the tv on and access the service menu
7- Scroll down to Control and then hit RIGHT ARROW
8- Scroll down to Hotel option and hit RIGHT ARROW
9- Scroll down to Clone TV to USB and hit RIGHT ARROW
A message about a USB will appear
10- Hit ENTER/OK (which is the button inside the 4 directional arrows on your remote)
An extended menu will appear
11- Hit RETURN
12- Hit RETURN
13- Hit RTURN
14- Scroll to SVC Menu
15- Hit RIGHT ARROW
16- Your panel hours will be now visible
17- Hit RETURN
18- Scroll to CONTROL and hit RIGHT ARROW
19- Scroll to Hotel Option
20- Hit RIGHT ARROW
21- The first line says Hotel Mode, hit Right Arrow twice to set Hotel Mode= OFF
22- Turn the TV off by hitting Power

See ya

hi i'm new to this forum and in the short time i have been really impressed by the amount of information one can get by going thru it. i wanted to buy a PS50C6500 and booked one from vaibhav. But the problem is that i have to use it in my hometown (karaikudi - some 400 kms from chennai). vaibhav said he will not be able to arrange the transport there. so, is there any safe ways of transporting the television by surface.I am considering the blue dart. i am yet get a reply from them regarding this. kindly help me out as there are no dealers for plasma tv at my place (leave alone the price).

Hi all

Any news about the Motion Judder Canceler feature?
Or any other motion enhancer for the PS50C6500..

Thanks!

I got it in delhi via blue dart, sent by Vaibhav. It reached me in one piece.

hi i'm new to this forum and in the short time i have been really impressed by the amount of information one can get by going thru it. i wanted to buy a PS50C6500 and booked one from vaibhav. But the problem is that i have to use it in my hometown (karaikudi - some 400 kms from chennai). vaibhav said he will not be able to arrange the transport there. so, is there any safe ways of transporting the television by surface.I am considering the blue dart. i am yet get a reply from them regarding this. kindly help me out as there are no dealers for plasma tv at my place (leave alone the price).

just got my piece delivered. so happy and was very impressed by how astonishingly thin it is....wasnt able to check the viewing hours for some reason the setting by markross didnt work... any other suggestion?

Markross instructions for panel hours and cinemasmooth are correct, I tried yesterday

U may be doing some step wrong, give a try again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am new owner from the latest batch of TVs that Vaibhav is selling

I am very happy with the picture quality and design of this model

I hear slight buzz only when it's dead calm and volume is 0. That too if I put my ear 1 inch from TV. So looks like a non issue in my view

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is anyone here from bangalore?who owns this TV?

Samsung service is not agreeing to put ultra slim wall mount

They keep pestering me, that normal wall mount is what they have instructions for
and ultra slim cannot be installed.

Please help me on how to handle these guys :-(

can someone here from bangalore who has mounted ultra slim mount, respond to me

The samsung guys from BTM bangalore are saying, if i can give the name of the person and area in bangalore, where samsung has installed slim mount.

They can refer to that case and mount the same to me.

will really appreciate, if someone can share the details.

Thanks again in advance.

hey markross thanks for your great steps in finding out the panel hours it worked great ,can you give the same step by step info for the pvr funtionality i tried with some steps mentioned above but iy did not work please help

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back