Samsung Plasma PS50C6500 Owners Thread (Impressions,Settings, Issues)

Thanks,finally i have CINEMA SMOOTH :)

It's possible to enable MOTION JUDDER CANCELLER? I've changed to c8000 but the option is not there :(

Anyone help? Thanks

Last edited:
Impressions after 2 months of usage:

- HD PQ on the set really rocks, now that I am done with the break-in period. I still can't stop admiring the deep blacks and rich, natural colours, much to the irritation of my family ("did you see the contrast in that fireworks scene??"). BTW I am using settings from here.

- SD quality is not as good as in the other plasmas I evaluated, but isn't too bad either. My biggest issue in SD viewing is the lack of detail in dark areas/scenes, which frankly is worse than on my old CRT. However I have not seen any banding issues like on a previous LCD, and the contrast and colour are still very good.

- The buzz hasn't stopped. If anything, it is louder and I can clearly hear it from 7-8 feet away when the volume is muted. I haven't decided what to do about it, since I don't notice it while watching TV, and frankly I don't want to go through the break-in process again.

- Image retention is a bigger issue than I expected (this is my first plasma). I can't keep the TV in zoom mode forever, and there is clear IR when there are static images for more than 30 minutes (while watching a movie with 2.35:1 aspect ratio for example). So far there is no permanent damage (thank God), and I have been able to get rid of the retained images by running the scroll pattern for 15 mins+. But it does get irritating, and I am always worried about burn in.

Overall I think the TV has been an 8/10 - the fantastic PQ (which mattered most to me) comes with minor but with fairly irritating problems that cannot be ignored. The TV is like a beautiful and loving wife who has a terrible snoring problem.

- SD quality is not as good as in the other plasmas I evaluated,

- Image retention is a bigger issue than I expected

SD is too soft(definitely softer than the v20).is your DTH connected using HDMI?
if yes, apart from being soft you should not have any other problems with SD.

Retention is definitely there and it is worse than Panasonic v20 ( if you get retention in 30 mins like u said then you will get one in an hour in v20).

But for a price of anything less than 85k i will say this tv is the best there is.if only v20 has a price tag of around 85 to 90k then we may have to think.

impression from 3 days usage

1: Light Buzz, when there is absolute silence and within few inches to TV
(Even one my friends, TV also has this, we both got at the same time)
Its a non issue for me, as right now its not loud.

2: No image retention, but not played static content for long periods.(30 mins)
need to see over long term.

RAYBAN - you say the Buzz is there from 8 feet, is it during night?
sometimes the buzz from the creatures in the night is confused as from TV :)
as i though the same yesterday and i switched off the TV and i still have a buzz

and i was happy

may be we are all getting paranoid :)

Samsung FAQ on Plasma Buzz

Troubleshooting Guide

Your Plasma TV Is Buzzing Loudly

Plasma TVs typically make a soft buzzing sound. This is normal. It's caused by the electrical charges that are used to create the images on the screen. The buzzing, however, should not be so loud that you can hear it when the volume on the TV is set at normal levels.

If the buzzing sound is loud, you may have set the brightness on the TV too high. To decrease or eliminate the buzzing, try setting the brightness and contrast lower. You can also have loud buzzing if the back of your Plasma TV is too close to a wall or other hard surface. To decrease the buzzing, try moving your TV away from the wall.

If neither of these suggestions work, you need to get your TV serviced. To begin the service process and arrange a service appointment, click the Create Online Service Request button at the bottom of this page.

Important: Plasma TVs do not operate properly above 6500 feet (approximately 1950 meters). If you attempt to operate a Plasma TV above this height, it will buzz very loudly. Unfortunately, there is no way to stop the buzzing at that altitude. However, the loud buzzing should stop when you operate the TV below 6500 feet.

Is this pixel shifting??

In my TV, i see that 4-5 pixel rows and columns from the top left are not used
and they keep shifting over time.

i mean it starts with 1 pixel row or column and keeps expanding till 4-5 pixel rows and columns and then starts contracting and it cycles like this forever.

when i disable pixel shift, all pixels are used
when i enable it, to begin with all pixels are used and within a minute, the above cycle begins.

let me know, if u guys see the same behavior

Thanks for the tips on enabling PVR and the cinema smooth option.

I noticed when I was poking around service menu that there is an option in the following menu

Control >> PDP Option

Real 100 Hz Support OFF

Just wondering what peoples thoughts for that are for that option?

Should that be turned on? I haven't tried turning it on. I am hesitant to change anything.

Curious though.

Also are there any other features I should enable?

I thought the service menu model change became impossible (grayed out) hence the need to go through hotel to do that

Still not removed the plastic wrap around??:D cut the 3 circle alone ( before the 6+) and paste in the bottom if you want to keep that:cool:

Post some photos of SD content for the envy of LCD owners

Last edited:
Still not removed the plastic wrap around??:D cut the 3 circle alone ( before the 6+) and paste in the bottom if you want to keep that:cool:

This one(PS50C6500) is personaly used by me hence very less hours on and too lazy to remove the plastic cover.:)

The other (PS50C6500) have their plastic covers removed and it is being used like 6-7 hours daily.

Post some photos of SD content for the envy of LCD owners

This i will do for sure.

We have different brands and diff tech of flat panels in my home but this tv since it is in my music room has become my favorite.

Would have bought additional v20's if this deal did come up but this deal was too good for an amazing tv hence picked em up.

Last edited:
@markross: is there also a way to enable the 10point white balance adjustment in the service menu??
I have read other posts too, where people are inquiring about turning on the '10 point white balance adjustment' via the service menu. Strangely enough my TV has this option available by default. Just to clarify, I have not yet even entered the service menu and the TV still is in factory default mode. But the '10 point white balance adjustment' settings options are very much there.

Pictures look from the movie 300 but subtitles look like 350 :lol: ...

Please do not remove any covers or stickers till you complete warranty period. Just incase things go wrong and you have to return the set for replacement or refund later. Better keep'em on ..

Pictures look from the movie 300 but subtitles look like 350 :lol: ...

Please do not remove any covers or stickers till you complete warranty period. Just incase things go wrong and you have to return the set for replacement or refund later. Better keep'em on ..

There is no clause have been put that covers and sticker should be intact,then only warranty is covered... Keeping the plastic covers near the bezel will generate heat.

Just for eg..if your car is given as such with plastic seat covers,is that warranty will void if your remove those... Those are put to deliver you without any scratches till you install.

There is no clause have been put that covers and sticker should be intact,then only warranty is covered... Keeping the plastic covers near the bezel will generate heat.

Just for eg..if your car is given as such with plastic seat covers,is that warranty will void if your remove those... Those are put to deliver you without any scratches till you install.

Aye Aye , Srini sir very well explained ;) I can use this line if I was questioned on why did I remove the plastics ... :clapping: :signthankspin:

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back