Samsung Plasma PS50C6500 Owners Thread (Impressions,Settings, Issues)

The buzzing comes from the panel not from the speaker.

I reduced the volume to zero , switched off ac, fans and set the highest settings for contrast , brightness, sharpness etc...

If I put my ear to the panel or to the side of the panel , I think I can hear a buzzing whine - I don't know if I was imagining it because no one else in the room could hear it when they did the same thing.

Can someone please point me how can I check for how long the set has been working? Also, can this counter be reset by any means?

Cherio!

Can someone please point me how can I check for how long the set has been working? Also, can this counter be reset by any means?

Cherio!

The following is given information purposes only - sometimes things break - only you can determine if it is worth taking the risk before playing with service menus.

Turn on the TV on and select the input that you want to adjust.
Turn the display off.

In quick sequence on the remote press:
MUTE - 1 - 8 - 2 - POWER buttons.

The TV will turn On with the Service Menu displayed.
ADJUSTMENT - TEST PATTERN - SET OPTION BYTE - FACTORY RESET

Select the function and use the VOL+ button to enter.
Save settings and exit by pushing MUTE twice then POWER .

Techarena forum
Samsung TV Service Menu Codes - PLASMA / LCD / CRT / RPTV

has anyone tried a wi-fi adapter with this TV?

UPDATE with Networking test

WIRED- Cat-5 cable.

1. The TV detected the settings easily and the initial set up downloaded the necessary Internet Apps.
(Youtube, Facebook, Picassa, US News etc...._)

2. There is a speed test in the settings because it requires minimum 1500 kbps to stream properly

3. There is an option to Update the Firmware using network (tried it and it said that everything was up to date)

4. Youtube - it is difficult to type because you have to use it like a phone keypad (I turned off the annoying T9 anticipation crap).
  • The video plays well and you can have it full screen or normal.
  • You can set favourites
  • You can select other related videos from the same page

5. US News is just text (maybe the ones I saw were only text) , Weather had nothing interesting.

6. There were basically no other apps to download :(

WIRELESS

Samsung will not accept any other wifi except its own proprietary LinkStick :mad:
Can't believe that they can sell a TV for 110000 MRP and not include wireless as default in this day and age!!!!

The good news is that the basic chipset is the same as Rosewill RNX-N1

Samsung - $80
Rosewill - $30

I plan to have the TV connected through a LAN to a bridge and therefore not bothering with an USB stick (partially because any hardware that sticks out all the time has a tendency to bend and break).

hmm. my TV would be in the bedroom while my router is in living room. Impossible to draw a cable. I think I will stick with new appletv (purchased by nv trading for 6k) for internet apps. But it would be really cool to compare the two.

I think I missed sharing this, but my 50c6500 is on its way via blue dart and should be reaching me this sat. Fingers crossed as this is the first time I have spent this large amount without seeing the product or the person selling it :)

I think I missed sharing this, but my 50c6500 is on its way via blue dart and should be reaching me this sat. Fingers crossed as this is the first time I have spent this large amount without seeing the product or the person selling it :)

Congratulations. Hopefully it will be to your liking... :)

anm, the only useful app on the samsung is youtube, and IMO it is not worth spending extra for a wifi dongle just to see videos of people's cats being funny.

I can imagine the feeling - mine was through Deccan 360 and they had delayed shipment by 1 week - I was thoroughly tensed by the time it arrived. I am pleased with it and I hope that you are happy with it too. :)

anm, the only useful app on the samsung is youtube, and IMO it is not worth spending extra for a wifi dongle just to see videos of people's cats being funny.

rayban - are you still experiencing the buzz? did you call the samsung guys? what did they say?

actually, youtube is what I want, and funny cat - Tom and Jerry is my daughter's favorite, and mine too.

anm waiting for a review of apple tv, to know what all works here and how it is, i was about to pick one up when i was in US last month, but changed my mind at the last moment as the sales guy said netflix wont work in india.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back