Samsung PS51E550 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Issues, etc.

This is my 1st flat panel.So what should b the usual picture settings for first 100-200 hrs n how to do that?!Yeah,u heard me right. Explain in detail how to go there in the menu n do that.

OK. I did nothing special except reducing contrast to 35% and turning on pixel orbiter. Do the same. Do not watch same channels for long, especially news channels with tickers.

p/s. "Pixel orbiter" may be known with a different name in your menu. But it will be under advanced picture settings.

Noticed two deal pixels on the screen :( It only appears when playing white & green images on the tv screen... Does not appear in blue or red screen on the TV.

What should I do? Should I ignore it or ask for a replacement?

Its better to call company tech person to insepct it and can be replaced if found faulty. as long as you keep it there will be more chances of getting few pixels more but not certain.

If you wait for more time, you will not get the same model as a replacement as you can see this model out of stock already for many.

I didn't find any dead pixels with my mortal eyes ;) The BD player was delivered on the 3rd day. It would have been delivered a day earlier if it was not for a lazy delivery boy.

Finally bought 51E550 yesterday!

The search that started in April this year with no idea of what technology and which TV to choose, ended yesterday. :)

I would like to thank all the members of this forum for the help and guidance they provided.

Finally bought 51E550 yesterday!

The search that started in April this year with no idea of what technology and which TV to choose, ended yesterday. :)

I would like to thank all the members of this forum for the help and guidance they provided.

Congrats! Did you get BD player and what price you paid?

Thank you santu and viper08.

@viper08: Samsung sends BD player at a later date. The installation engineer, who wall mounted the TV today, told me that I should be getting it in 2 weeks.

I paid 73K.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back