Samsung Q990B soundbar

Yes, I got the demo at Saket, both at croma and and at Jbl store. However, I remembered the wrong pricing. Samsung bar was for 72k and Jbl was for 77-78k with a free 32inch LED TV. I can share the contact number of the guy if you guys want. It's the croma store in Select Citywalk Mall.

Yes, increasing the budget. I didn't get what I was looking for from any of the soundbars. So for me, going the dedicated 7.2 is the only option left even if it means increasing the budget.
Could you share the contact person name and number?
Went to croma city walk saket, they didnt had a unit for demo and the guy quoted his best as 1.05L without any shame. He seemed not interested to make a sale.

65k it is-Samsung q990b with 32 inch tv.Thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing their inputs and yeah also to,one of a kind salesperson, whose actions spoke more than his words. Belated happy Diwali everyone!.. enjoy this acoustic masterpiece !
amazing, did you buy it in croma? i could have waited for some more time after seeing ppl bought for excellent price

65k it is-Samsung q990b with 32 inch tv.Thanks to everyone in this thread for sharing their inputs and yeah also to,one of a kind salesperson, whose actions spoke more than his words. Belated happy Diwali everyone!.. enjoy this acoustic masterpiece !

Congratulations all of you with the new purchase 👏 Hope it’s working well. I am also planning to get one. But tons of complaints related to the rear speaker disconnection issue is spreading from various parts of the world. Have anybody faced the same??

Congratulations all of you with the new purchase 👏 Hope it’s working well. I am also planning to get one. But tons of complaints related to the rear speaker disconnection issue is spreading from various parts of the world. Have anybody faced the same??
Is Q990B good enough for movies and some music in a living room setup? Am bit confused that should I settle with this or go for an expensive option of separates? Reviews suggest 990B is a good cheaper alternative for receiver setup. Please advise from your experience. Thanks in advance.

could whoever bought this share the experience? A friend of mine is looking for a soundbar and I came across this thread.

Is Q990B good enough for movies and some music in a living room setup? Am bit confused that should I settle with this or go for an expensive option of separates? Reviews suggest 990B is a good cheaper alternative for receiver setup. Please advise from your experience. Thanks in advance.
I was in the same dilemma, went for a couple of auditions and then settled on separates. Took two of my friends who don't dabble into tech too much and even though they loved the soundbars at first, once they heard a dedicated setup, rejected all soundbars in an instant.

I was in the same dilemma, went for a couple of auditions and then settled on separates. Took two of my friends who don't dabble into tech too much and even though they loved the soundbars at first, once they heard a dedicated setup, rejected all soundbars in an instant.
Thank you for your feedback @harryneopotter👍 What’s your separates config? Were did you source it from? Online prices seems to be very high. Have you done the installation yourself or got some help especially to run the cables etc? Satellites are on stand or wall mounted? Thanks in advance…

Thank you for your feedback @harryneopotter👍 What’s your separates config? Were did you source it from? Online prices seems to be very high. Have you done the installation yourself or got some help especially to run the cables etc? Satellites are on stand or wall mounted? Thanks in advance…
I moved my existing 5.1 setup from my bedroom to the hall (taga 806 5.0 package with SVS Pb-1000 sub) and picked up a used 5.1 set of speakers from a friend of mine.

However, a pre owned amp plus an entry level 5.1 package (from Polk, Jbl etc), while cost a bit more, but will be much better in terms of sound quality, bass and future proofing.

Thanks ...🙂 No issues so far 🤞🏼... I think it was in units manufactured before July.

Thanks ...🙂 No issues so far 🤞🏼... I think it was in units manufactured before July.

Good to know that you are enjoying it without any issues 👍 It’s connected with which brand TV? I heard Samsung has connectivity issues with Sony TVs. Any idea about this? How you placed the satellites, wall mount or on stands? Since the rear speakers have side firing drivers, placement is bit sensitive I suppose.
I moved my existing 5.1 setup from my bedroom to the hall (taga 806 5.0 package with SVS Pb-1000 sub) and picked up a used 5.1 set of speakers from a friend of mine.

However, a pre owned amp plus an entry level 5.1 package (from Polk, Jbl etc), while cost a bit more, but will be much better in terms of sound quality, bass and future proofing.
That’s great 👏 Yeah actually Taga is a good sounding speakers, which I noticed when I heard it ones in a demo setup.

So you mean a normal 5.1 separate setup sounds better than the 11.1.4 Q990B?? Sound quality and loudness I agree, what about the surround experience??

Thanks for your advice regarding the separates point. I haven’t listened the Polk speakers yet. Any suggestions on those esp the fusion series?

That’s great 👏 Yeah actually Taga is a good sounding speakers, which I noticed when I heard it ones in a demo setup.

So you mean a normal 5.1 separate setup sounds better than the 11.1.4 Q990B?? Sound quality and loudness I agree, what about the surround experience??

Thanks for your advice regarding the separates point. I haven’t listened the Polk speakers yet. Any suggestions on those esp the fusion series?

Yes, in a non perfect room (like most living rooms are), a separate 5.1 setup will give better surround experience. The smaller and closely packed drivers in a soundbar can't match the separation and imaging that dedicated speakers can provide.

Polk Tl series is a good entry level package, but I'll suggest you do an audition yourself to check which speakers you like better. Polk, Jbl, Q Acoustics etc are a few options to start with.

Good to know that you are enjoying it without any issues 👍 It’s connected with which brand TV? I heard Samsung has connectivity issues with Sony TVs. Any idea about this? How you placed the satellites, wall mount or on stands? Since the rear speakers have side firing drivers, placement is bit sensitive I suppose.

LG C8.. soundbar went to sleep many times wen idle....just had to turn off the quick start option in tv... no issues now... Was Searching for a speaker stand but to no avail... Need to get it custom made by carpenter... Abhi toh using stools n books 😜... Now books actually feel useful 😜

LG C8.. soundbar went to sleep many times wen idle....just had to turn off the quick start option in tv... no issues now... Was Searching for a speaker stand but to no avail... Need to get it custom made by carpenter... Abhi toh using stools n books 😜... Now books actually feel useful 😜
🤣🤣

This is a much better choice than an AV receiver. I was using Pioneer AV for 12 years before switching to Q990b. Performance is great for the living room, and the coolest part is that there are no wires whatsoever! The setup is easy and the living room looks clean.
On top of this, its easy to clean and no wire getting stuck or tangled.

This is a much better choice than an AV receiver. I was using Pioneer AV for 12 years before switching to Q990b. Performance is great for the living room, and the coolest part is that there are no wires whatsoever! The setup is easy and the living room looks clean.
On top of this, its easy to clean and no wire getting stuck or tangled.
Cool!!! Good to hear from you after enjoying separates setup for 12 yrs.
When did you buy it? Hope you haven’t faced any disconnection issues with rear speakers as other ppl say.
70K is a good price.. isn’t it? Though lucky @aura_fied_10 got it for 65K with TV 😃

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back