Samsung Soundbar Question

sodaksh

Looking to set up the TV space in my new house and looking for the audio set up to go along with my Samsung TV. I have been eyeing the Samsung Q990C and Q930C (In case the 990C is an overkill). So wanted some help with:
  • Big attraction for me for these soundbars is that they connect wirelessly with the TV. But is it true that the quality/power of the sound decreases over the wireless connection? (Someone had mentioned this so wanted to verify).
  • If the above is true, then it will make sense to look at other brands. Bose and Sony are on my mind, but any other recommendations?
  • I am based out of Delhi, so any stores or complex where I can A/B test without moving around much?

Thanks.

I got myself a 990C. Croma in Kolkata had great display of soundbars from brands like Sony, LG, Samsung, JBL and Bose. Reliance Digital hardly had anything. Try call and enquire your local store where you can visit before actually going there.

I got myself a 990C. Croma in Kolkata had great display of soundbars from brands like Sony, LG, Samsung, JBL and Bose. Reliance Digital hardly had anything. Try call and enquire your local store where you can visit before actually going there.
Can you please refer me which Croma branch you are talking about? I am from Kolkata as well and looking for Samsung 990c.

Looking to set up the TV space in my new house and looking for the audio set up to go along with my Samsung TV. I have been eyeing the Samsung Q990C and Q930C (In case the 990C is an overkill). So wanted some help with:
  • Big attraction for me for these soundbars is that they connect wirelessly with the TV. But is it true that the quality/power of the sound decreases over the wireless connection? (Someone had mentioned this so wanted to verify).
  • If the above is true, then it will make sense to look at other brands. Bose and Sony are on my mind, but any other recommendations?
  • I am based out of Delhi, so any stores or complex where I can A/B test without moving around much?

Thanks.
Picked up a Bose 900 recently and totally in love with it. I thought it would be a compromise compared to my receiver + 5.1 speaker setup, however, I am pleasantly surprised. There is only so much one can do in a Living Room. In a dedicated, yes one can run the cables in a duct, hang atmost speakers from the ceiling and what not. In a Living room, its a different game altogether. Thats where these amazing sound bars excel. Bose 900 sounds great and with No Cables running across the room the whole setup is super clean and has great WAF. And the best thing, my SVS Sub works with the Bose sound bar.

MaSh

Thanks.
if you want 5.1 you need to connect via HDMI and thats recommended. the advantage of a soundbar is it will give you a 5.1 experience with ATMOS in some models with one bar near your TV hence the HDMI cable connecting them is critical. but everything else including the sub is wireless.
Depending on your budget Yamaha and JBL are also options you cannot go wrong with but if you have a samsung then their soundbars provide better integration

Thanks.
Yes wireless will have loss in quality , wired connection is always best

Thanks.
11.1.4 vs 9.1.4. Additional channels are better when it comes to atmos

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back