Sansui 5050 Stereo Receiver

denom

Banned
Banned
Got the opportunity to play with this receiver due thanks to Hemant, who has it on sale & wanted me to 'test' its capability, as he is always hard pressed for time :eek:

Decided to go low-fi :p & paired it with my Phillips DVD Player & Phillips Micro Speakers as I thought that these should be not too hard for the Sansui to drive given that it only outputs 30 Watts :rolleyes:
All cables are generic cheapo's as well ;)

Now for the stand back & look @ astonishment factors :eek:

1) The Sansui is a powerhouse! 30W may seem lowly but this thing goes loud with the volume being @ 2 itself!

2) The Phillips Micro speakers have good synergy with this receiver. I never knew the capability of these speakers when they were paired with the matching All in 1 Amp/CDP/Radio/Cassette Player(MC-V320) & always felt that the speakers were a let down to the combo. How wrong was I, has been proved due thanks to the Sansui 5050 Receiver! These speakers are good with none of those cheap irritants 1 associates with speakers of these combo deals.

Sansui 5050 | Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | HiFi Engine

9cfa0298-ab56-4337-8995-cd43f683ad87-000001.png

Songs listened to on the above combo :

Boney M - Daddy Cool - YouTube :)

Rivers of Babylon - Boney m. - YouTube :)

peaches - YouTube :p

Bon Jovi - Keep The Faith - YouTube :clapping:

Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name - YouTube :cool:

CLIFF RICHARD .:|: Bachelor Boy:|: - YouTube :cool:

The Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star - YouTube :)

Billy Joel - Uptown Girl - YouTube :)

Bob Marley. Jamming. - YouTube :licklips:

Dean martin's Sway/with me (with lyrics) - YouTube :cool:

Andrea Bocelli - Besame Mucho (2006) - YouTube :clapping:

Chris Rea - Road to Hell - YouTube :licklips:

Chris Rea - Nothing To Fear - YouTube :licklips:

Ricky Martin Livin La Vida Loca Audio High Quality - YouTube :eek:hyeah:

Shakira - Don't Bother [HQ+Lyrics] - YouTube :licklips:

Shaggy - Hey Sexy Lady ft. Brian & Tony Gold - YouTube :eek:hyeah:

Katie Melua - I'd Love To Kill You - YouTube :clapping:

Who Da Funk - Shiny Disco Balls (Original mix) - YouTube :eek:hyeah:

And as I write,

Cradle Of Filth - Nymphetamine (Overdose) - YouTube :yahoo::licklips::yahoo:

Whatever I play, the presentation just keeps me amazed. Good instrument & vocal separation & fantastic LF's for speakers of their size :p

Made me think that at the end of the day, when 1 enjoys music for what it is, you forget everything else & that is 1 thing all of us music lovers should always keep in mind.

:)

Hi Denom,

Thank you very much for a very interesting review. It just goes to show that modest gear can also play back music very capably.

I too used to think that speakers forming part of micro systems had limited capabilities and a very modest performance. I am glad that I was wrong.

Regards.

Thanks Miroflex:)

Incidentally, the Sansui 5050 also has a class Tuner which catches the FM channels really well. Also love the way the Tuning Knob moves so smoothly. Truly a delight compared to today's digital ones :(

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back