Sansui au-g99x

SIDEWINDER18X

Hi Friends,
After a very long retirement from having my own personal audio system, I was very fortunate enough to get hold of this beautiful vintage amplifier SANSUI AU-G99X. I once had this beast long time back. Surprisingly got it back again in mint condition. After this a decent pair of matching speakers will be on the hunt . Most probably a vintage multiway Sansui or Kenwood and a decent input source will be on the menu.
This amp sounds very clean and is very fast. Delivers 160W @ 8ohms. Extremely low distortion. Outstanding overall specs .... Slew Rate + - 400V /uS & a Damping Factor of 1000. Sansui's X-Balaced output stages comprising of a very elaborate circuitry, fully DC coupled from input to output. Extensive use of ultra low noise dual differential FET's, Starting right from the input pre-amplifier stages to the power amp input stage and a very fast switching Ring Emitter Transistors at the output.
Friends wish me luck to get the desired boxes too. I hope it would revive my age old lust to hear some great memorable audio pieces from the past.

Vivek

I had a pair of Sansui SP X9 & a pair of Kenwood KL-1000Z boxes in the past in A & B arrangment with my Sansui AU -G99X in the past. Would want something similar.
I even had a pair of SP X11000 boxes with my AU-11000A amplifier.
I still miss those days of fidelietic fantasies. When at play .... re-created live performances at home at extreme levels.

Vivek Sir, Welcome back to the Sansui World :). I do know you had almost best amps of Sansui Before and now got a Mint Sansui.Please let me in case you come across such beauties on your way.

Sansui Speakers are not much up for sale in forum as per my understanding. You could check olx,quikr com etc.

welcome to sansui world. i had au 717,AU x501.excellent amps.i done full restoration for au717 due to deadly glue issue.i saw some 99gx owners alos complaining with glue issue.pls open the amp and check the glue around the caps and diodes. the glue becomes corrosive and make the amp unstable.pls be careful.

I just got a mint Sansui AU 9500 and I have paired it a Sansui SP 100. I have not stopped playing music on this system from the time I got them. So I suggest that match the amp with some of the SP series speakers. I believe JBLs also match well with these Sansui amps.

+1to jbls.some times i paired the sansui au 717 with jbl l 100t3 and the results the are match made in heaven.sansui amps drives those 12" woofers crazy with crisp highs.
highly recommended with vintage jbls.

I just got a mint Sansui AU 9500 and I have paired it a Sansui SP 100. I have not stopped playing music on this system from the time I got them. So I suggest that match the amp with some of the SP series speakers. I believe JBLs also match well with these Sansui amps.

I felt Mixed Feeling,When I read the quote "I just got a mint Sansui AU 9500"

Happy that it reached the Destiny :eek:hyeah:+ Where I could get such Gems in India:sad: to add my collection.

All the best sir, I dont know is there is End for my Love towards clear and powerful Sound of Sansui Amps.

Sansui history - Fall of a Great Empire :sad:

I have looked through heaven and earth to find a Sansui AU, no luck so far. It has become a ritual to look for them in olx each night, can someone please please point me in the right direction? Does anyone have one to let go?

Shibashis,

Mumbai, Chennai and Kerala are the best places to hunt for such Amps in India. I have Seen Only AU-D7 in recent years for sale in Forum ,no other Models were Out. Its a Keeper Amp, So they are not out for sale so easily.Even am looking for one for me for my second setup . Few are available with Mumbai dealer but price is almost double.

You could place a post in Wanted section and keep waiting :)

if any one interested i had sansui au x501,in excellent working conditon. but it is in india at my home town. i am coming to india in the month of june. if any one interested they can send me the private message. i am not intended to hijack the thread.sorry.

Back