Sansui Plasma - Delay between picture and sound

afj

hi
i've got a sansui 42" plasma. there is a split second time difference between the sound and picture. and the delay isnt always constant - sometimes its negligible, sometimes its bigger. i've also noticed this problem in quite a few other brands of plasma's / lcd's. is there anything that can be done to solve this issue. its irritating hearing the stumps broken while the ball hasnt past the bat yet. and confusing watching a guitarist strum and the music doesnt match

AFJ, in an AVR you have what is called lip sync that can handle this issue. I am not sure how you can do it in an STB, or the TV. It may be worthwhile to check your TV manual if it can handle lip sync.

Cheers

Hi Afj,
What sort of audio and video connections do you have? Are you connecting your cable or STB directly to your TV just for pictures and the sound is coming thru your ht setup or 2channel amp-speaker set up?

If you are using your TV for both the picture and the sound, then I would not understand how this is possible unless there is no synchronization of the video and audio parts in your TV (although you say you have seen it in some TVs, I am yet to witness such TVs, may be I am the lucky one). The other culprit could be your cable or STB. Is there a way to check on these things?

If you have an AVR, try the thing that Venkat has suggested. I don't have one, so if I ever have such a problem, that method would not work.

hi
i've got a sansui 42" plasma. there is a split second time difference between the sound and picture. and the delay isnt always constant - sometimes its negligible, sometimes its bigger. i've also noticed this problem in quite a few other brands of plasma's / lcd's. is there anything that can be done to solve this issue. its irritating hearing the stumps broken while the ball hasnt past the bat yet. and confusing watching a guitarist strum and the music doesnt match

Check the distance settings for your speakers. It could be in milli secs or feet or meters. Ensure you set it properly.

ALso sometimes these settings are available in DVD menus as well. Check it out.

thanks for all your replies. i connected the satellite receiver directly to the tv and it still has the same problem. this problem doesnt occur when i change tv's. also some programs are fine. some are just slightly delayed. and some are quite a bit delayed. this not only occurs when i use the sat receiver but also when i use dvd's.

right now im running it through a pre amp (nad t163). i'll check for the lip sync function

Simple but powerful solution will be to check another tv with the same connections. Will get you the root cause in minutes. If problem goes, then the TV settings might need to be corrected.

viper, my stb is connected to two tvs'. the one in the bedroom is fine. the plasma in the living gives problems. still need to find that lipsync option - been a little busy

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back