Screen for 4K Projector

ankitbhargava

I am presently using Liberty 120 inch Screen which I purchased some 7 years back. Its a pull down screen.
I am planning to now use a fixed frame screen for two reasons, first.. if at all suitable screens (not costly) would enhance the Picture Quality while watching 4K content and in general too?.. secondly, this pull down screen keeps moving back and forth and presently am using some weights (tied to corners using rope) to keep it intact.

Please advise if its worth spending 25-30K to upgrade to screen which is claimed to suit 4K content? Do I need to spend really more to get better results?
Any suggestions for suitable screens would be helpful.

is something like this worth

This Bigvue 120 inch fixed screen costing 14990 has been lying in my Amazon cart for almost couple of months. But due to lack of reviews either on Amazon or YouTube I'm holding back. Don't even know manufacturing details or importer. My second option is Elite screen Sable 120 inch SB120WH2, which is around 30k but not in stock. Do PM me if any leads. Between, which projector are you using.

This Bigvue 120 inch fixed screen costing 14990 has been lying in my Amazon cart for almost couple of months. But due to lack of reviews either on Amazon or YouTube I'm holding back. Don't even know manufacturing details or importer. My second option is Elite screen Sable 120 inch SB120WH2, which is around 30k but not in stock. Do PM me if any leads. Between, which projector are you using.
Yes I do doubt all the standard description they mention (many such companies selling Projector Screens on Amazon), I am using BenQ W1700

this website has the elite model you want at 30k. Although i find their prices on the higher side. I think it is better to contact local dealers

Yes I do doubt all the standard description they mention (many such companies selling Projector Screens on Amazon), I am using BenQ W1700
After a long screen hunt I got my carpenter to make a fixed frame screen for me. I got the frame made from him and used a stapler to pin an ALR screen on it. The fixed frame cost me INR 3k. Once I got bored of ALR I got a white coloured black out cloth and stapled it over the ALR. Carl’s in US advocates and uses black out cloth. The result is amazing. Btw I am using a 4K projector and can’t see how a special 4K screen will improve resolution :)

After a long screen hunt I got my carpenter to make a fixed frame screen for me. I got the frame made from him and used a stapler to pin an ALR screen on it. The fixed frame cost me INR 3k. Once I got bored of ALR I got a white coloured black out cloth and stapled it over the ALR. Carl’s in US advocates and uses black out cloth. The result is amazing. Btw I am using a 4K projector and can’t see how a special 4K screen will improve resolution :)
From where you sourced ALR screen?

Also for white screen you got it from Carl's place shipped to india?

Your room is still white-ish. What made you give up ALR?

I am presently using Liberty 120 inch Screen which I purchased some 7 years back. Its a pull down screen.
I am planning to now use a fixed frame screen for two reasons, first.. if at all suitable screens (not costly) would enhance the Picture Quality while watching 4K content and in general too?.. secondly, this pull down screen keeps moving back and forth and presently am using some weights (tied to corners using rope) to keep it intact.

Please advise if its worth spending 25-30K to upgrade to screen which is claimed to suit 4K content? Do I need to spend really more to get better results?
Any suggestions for suitable screens would be helpful.
AFAIK its possible to "add" motors to pull down screen. If keeping your operating your pull down screen is your only problem, you can probably get the motor added and be done with it.

Your room is still white-ish. What made you give up ALR?
ALR needs your head to be as close to the projector lens in the sense that it should be at the same height to get the best results. In my case it was difficult to achieve it.

From where you sourced ALR screen?

Also for white screen you got it from Carl's place shipped to india?
ALR screen from Aliexpress but it’s tough to get the correct viewing angle. Blackout cloth you can get from any fabric store which is large enough to store these type of cloths.

What ALR material did you use and where did you procure it from?

When you say results were amazing, any specific improvement over your last arrangements?

I am using a Liberty Grandview right now which was purchased 7 years back, I am just inquisitive if upgrading to a newer technology screen would improvise the picture quality not necessarily in reference to a 4k resolution :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back