Second innings with vinyl

Hi Issigonis

I too am looking forward to the EMT. Should be here in 3 weeks. Would be interesting to see how it compares to the Esoteric. The earlier table fell flat against the Esoteric. But i think with the EMT it will be different.

Congrats Prem!

The EMT would have been my first choice too. Waiting for your review! And I will have to stop over at your place if I drop in to Mumbai, time and convenience (yours) permitting. I have a gut feeling that you're going to like it.

Regards

>>>

prem,

I hope you have studied the customs duties (if applicable in your case) thoroughly. Please share that information - it will help us navigate uncertain waters better:).

Regards

P.S. : For turntables the appropriate indian customs tariff chapter is # 85 section 19 and section 22 ( for cartridges)

Thanks Issigonis for your concern. I will in all probability be getting it through DHL. The duty will be paid by DHL and collected later from me. I am not extremely familiar with the duty structure. Will let you know once i get my shipment

>>>

Please check - especially in the matter of import of used equipment. I had read somewhere that Indian customs laws have some issues on this - your forwarding agent will be able to guide you. You might also like to contact the Bombay office of iccworld to find out (ICC World)

Regards

In my experience of buying stuff from abroad, the lowest customs duty rates have always been through UPS. Somehow, Fedex/DHL managed to charge me more. So if I see UPS shipping on a site, I heave a sigh of relief now.

I actually got a chance to hear Prems system for close to 4 hours last weeks . IMHO he does not need Vinyl, he has one of the most organic sounding setups i have ever heard.:yahoo: even Rs 100 Hindi cds sounded good !

it was a fantastic experience..the sound, the room and setup..all well setup with perfect imaging/tones

prem, even if the EMT Pales in comparison, please keep it !

Last edited:
You are most welcome Issigonis. I will be getting it end of this week. Let me set it up over the weekend and you can come over next week.

Congrats Prem, will most certainly like to come over for a listen whenever you are ready to showcase your masterpiece :D

I have been playing the table for an hour now. Very very nice. Very lifelike and dynamic.

Set up took me exactly 5 minutes. Its a delight for those used to the convenience of a cd player.

Prem,
Great news. I can feel your excitement. Want to hear everything about the sonics, in comparison to your very very accomplished digital set-up. And of course, eagerly waiting for the pictures, from all possible angles, and some nice close shots please. Really happy for you.

Regards.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back