see physically any album before buying

yes ,
Anil there are other sites also ...

Sometimes we want to see ..which tracks are there in the CD ...
Artist discography ... etc ...

the AllCDCovers allows download of the covers too ...misuses apart , some times we can make good wall-posters of A3 Size and with these covers ...thatz one good use :)

In my opinion, the best site for this is Discogs.

Search for an artist and album name on this site, and you will get accurate information about the album, format (CD, cassette, vinyl, etc.), country of release, artwork ... in short, EVERYTHING.

I have never felt the need for any other site.

Front and back covers no doubt helps but liner notes is a different story , it not only talk about the album but also about the artist. Many liner notes give quite an insight regarding tracks and recording sessions. Many are packed with rare photographs. I am yet to see a web site or source that can provide liner notes too.

Being in Pune had helped me a lot as far as buying CDs. I visit Oceanic, select a bunch of albums and then open and audiotion each and then buy only those I liked. Many a times I audition in Oceanics's demo room with VA1 and Electrostats so that gives me an exact idea about how the recording will sound on my set up because it is the same combo I also own.

In my opinion, the best site for this is Discogs.

Search for an artist and album name on this site, and you will get accurate information about the album, format (CD, cassette, vinyl, etc.), country of release, artwork ... in short, EVERYTHING.

I have never felt the need for any other site.

great site ! ... liked albums for sale sections ...
only things missing are CD covers as suhas told .... !

AllCdCovers -- is easy to remember :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back