Self-Exclusion from HiFiVision @1000 posts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess Reju (if you are reading this) - i am joining your self-detox program too:rolleyes:. So will be off the forum for some time now (will occasionally drop in to check the threads though) and refrain completely from posting anything here. I guess unlike you I like taking things slow and steady (took me 1 year to go from 20 cigs to 3 a day to hopefully none in the next year or so) - so i can give up the addiction for this forum for sure (and no melodrama and hindi serials here)

I guess too much awesomeness is killing me and I have booked my ticket to hell :clapping:

LOL! Reju was indeed smart! And no he is not checking on HFV either but I'm in touch with him via email though.

Unfortunately the real monkey from Punjab has not learnt anything and HFV is full of awesomeness garbage (at least more than I can handle). I believe the next awesomeness thread will be on his French (or equally exotic) underwear.

HFV hell is actually good. I got time to do a lot of things and have nearly heard through my entire collection of Steely Dan albums (11 in number) today.

But one suggestion Supra. Just don't quit and leave. Get smart instead. Use your time on HFV wisely and use it to especially learn from the real gurus of audio and video and not monkeys from Punjab who want to share everything and anything about their wives, girlfriends, lovers, watches and who knows what else.

What I mean is why let a monkey from Punjab chase you away? Would you leave your house and job if the monkey from Punjab came there too?

Instead join in like Venkat sir, Cranky (and now myself)! Just tune in once every couple of days and go through the interesting threads and learn whatever you can. Post very little or nothing at all if possible. There is tons of "awesome" information on this forum though nothing awesome from Punjab really.

Monkeys (as you know) will never learn. Give it a thousand years and come back and the monkey will still be climbing trees and showing off!

Get smart dude. Learn all that you can from this really awesome forum and profit from it.

Better still get a new ID and log in using that and don't ever post. Just use it to learn all that you can.

@mods - If you are reading this and a spam key can be incorporated then it would be great. Supra and I would be the first to block monkeys from Punjab and no pun or offense intended here!

Is there an ignore option so that I can just filter out ALL of the threads from some of the people on the forum?

regards

Ignoring is difficult ....

If i am walking on road, and a person is dancing naked and making wild gestures... we feel embrassed and we avoid that area.

So a authority has to come and remove that person/or restrain him.

...Just tune in once every couple of days and go through the interesting threads and learn whatever you can. Post very little or nothing at all if possible.

Well, looking at the recent escapades in the forum, this might be a good idea for few. But I don't want to wind up like an elderly hifi yoda who mumbles pearls of wisdom once in a blue moon...I'm here to have fun :)

Cheers.

LOL! Reju was indeed smart! And no he is not checking on HFV either but I'm in touch with him via email though.

Unfortunately the real monkey from Punjab has not learnt anything and HFV is full of awesomeness garbage (at least more than I can handle). I believe the next awesomeness thread will be on his French (or equally exotic) underwear.

HFV hell is actually good. I got time to do a lot of things and have nearly heard through my entire collection of Steely Dan albums (11 in number) today.

But one suggestion Supra. Just don't quit and leave. Get smart instead. Use your time on HFV wisely and use it to especially learn from the real gurus of audio and video and not monkeys from Punjab who want to share everything and anything about their wives, girlfriends, lovers, watches and who knows what else.

What I mean is why let a monkey from Punjab chase you away? Would you leave your house and job if the monkey from Punjab came there too?

Instead join in like Venkat sir, Cranky (and now myself)! Just tune in once every couple of days and go through the interesting threads and learn whatever you can. Post very little or nothing at all if possible. There is tons of "awesome" information on this forum though nothing awesome from Punjab really.

Monkeys (as you know) will never learn. Give it a thousand years and come back and the monkey will still be climbing trees and showing off!

Get smart dude. Learn all that you can from this really awesome forum and profit from it.

Better still get a new ID and log in using that and don't ever post. Just use it to learn all that you can.

@mods - If you are reading this and a spam key can be incorporated then it would be great. Supra and I would be the first to block monkeys from Punjab and no pun or offense intended here!

Moser - much as I consider you a dear friend, I am not sure that name calling is a solution here. Why not report threads that are not down your alley so that the moderator is forced to take action?

I really liked the Hifivision experience in that it offered a mature forum which was also very very active and helpful. Not to mention closely networked. I have been on internet forums long enough to recognize that this combination is extremely rare.

Personally I really feel that Manu can use the 'Blog' feature to indulge in any and all of the posts that are in circulation right now. I have suggested this to Manu as well in his 'I guess its time' thread. I will put it forward once again.

This is a warm community - only because we are all in a huddle. If even one starts to move away, cold can seep in. And thats not nice. Please do consider this.

This applies to you too, Suprateep. I know certain threads have been irking you no end. Why not use the report button in that case?

I hope you guys take this in the right spirit. I do not mean to dictate anything to you. Just a couple of friendly thoughts.

Cheers!

Hi Guys,

I am a quite member of this forum. I read a lot here and learned a lot too. I am happy there is an Indian AV forum of this caliber. But this forum is being converted into a circus now. The day is not far of when you hit the Home button on this forum and the entire page is filled with 'my awesome threads' and 'my love for this and that' threads.'

I read thro the entire post where mau announced his exit. When some members were advising him others simply were making fun of the entire process calling this a soap opera.As one member has said it takes time to get used to the forum etiquettes. But this guy is not going to learn anytime. New members like me are here to learn about audio and video, not about love,watches,cars,awesomeness(???) and what not.Today suprateep is making exit.This is not good sign. Apart from this i dont really know what to say.

pardon me for the long post folks.

Regards

Moser - much as I consider you a dear friend, I am not sure that name calling is a solution here. Why not report threads that are not down your alley so that the moderator is forced to take action?

I really liked the Hifivision experience in that it offered a mature forum which was also very very active and helpful. Not to mention closely networked. I have been on internet forums long enough to recognize that this combination is extremely rare.

Personally I really feel that Manu can use the 'Blog' feature to indulge in any and all of the posts that are in circulation right now. I have suggested this to Manu as well in his 'I guess its time' thread. I will put it forward once again.

This is a warm community - only because we are all in a huddle. If even one starts to move away, cold can seep in. And thats not nice. Please do consider this.

This applies to you too, Suprateep. I know certain threads have been irking you no end. Why not use the report button in that case?

I hope you guys take this in the right spirit. I do not mean to dictate anything to you. Just a couple of friendly thoughts.

Cheers!

Add one more in "Telepathy Beleiver Club".

Yes, I would appreciate if you guys did make use of the "Report Post" link! I have noticed that there are many more General Chit Chat thread lately and I have looked into them. The individual members have been warned too!

agree with all the wise men about some posts on show-off about watches etc..and all the very beest to REJU for your future guess 6 months is a long time see u soon Reu sir..:clapping:

agree with all the wise men about some posts on show-off about watches etc..

Well as long as 'show-off about watches etc...' are under the chit-chat section, I'd think it's fair game. If someone don't like reading about it then I'd think it would be time to try out their Ignore/Block option. Not that I condone people opening a multitude of apparently point-less threads but if you don't like a person or his posting, just block him off instead of letting it bother you so much. If the chit-chat section was not indended for non-audio topics, then it should be stated and pointed out by the mods. If you ask me, if non-audio topics are not encouraged on the forum, there shouldn't be a 'chit-chat' section in the first place.

Also, Moser, I really don't think you're right with the name-calling man :)

I am out of this thread...

@thevortex - Bala you are a friend indeed. For anything to do with a PC in terms of R&D I've always PM'd you and you've been very helpful always. Much appreciated.

I do apologize for any and all name calling on my part. It is certainly not right and uncalled for. My apologies to one and all. Definitely not my intention to hurt anybody and I'm extremely sorry if I have done so.

@Yogesh & @grubyhalo - My apologies to you guys too.

I absolutely agree with grubyhalo.

whenever i log on, i directly hit the forum button so that different forum topics open up. i go into speakers/amps in which i am interested. i don't open general chit chat.
may be someone is using the chitchat option to vent his feelings because he does not get to talk to like minded people.

those who feel that's okay will answer him, rest of us can ignore him. from being a doctor for 8 years i have learnt that patience always pays up. the guy will calm down sooner or later. ignore his useless threads. that will do the trick.

@thevortex - Bala you are a friend indeed. For anything to do with a PC in terms of R&D I've always PM'd you and you've been very helpful always. Much appreciated.

I do apologize for any and all name calling on my part. It is certainly not right and uncalled for. My apologies to one and all. Definitely not my intention to hurt anybody and I'm extremely sorry if I have done so.

@Yogesh & @grubyhalo - My apologies to you guys too.

Not a problem at all, moser. In any case you did not owe me any apology. I was just concerned that you might have gotten too upset. Lets just put this behind us and get back to enjoying what we always have - music and occasionally our equipment:)

By the way I cant thank you and all the contributors of the 'Top 10 albums' thread, enough. I enjoyed the Creedence Clearwater Revival and Dire Straits albums. Great idea for discovering new music.

And a great place for people like me to brush up on their western music acquaintance. :) Keep it going!

By the way how do you find Lilith? Any promise at all?

hold on a sec, I am getting some some incoming tele-pathetic calls - no I don't want it... two tele-pathetic calls... damn there are 100s of them - from the same person. Where is the ignore button!!!

hey anm i'm the one who's making those calls and there is no ignore button and be careful though

people like you only use ignore button they don't have balls do deal

hey mouser

you better watch your words brother , dum hai to saamne aa abhi pata lag jayega monkey kaun hai or punjabiyan kaun :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back