Serenata Audio - Violino

SerenataAudio

Serenata Audio introduces its first high fidelity speaker offering; the 'Violino'.

Serenata Audio is a boutique speaker design enterprise based in Navi Mumbai focussing exclusively on high efficiency speaker systems using full range transducers.

At Serenata Audio, we believe that single driver speakers deliver a remarkable level of sonic coherence and purity of tonal textures for both vocal and instrumental music.

With single driver speakers there is no crossover circuit in the signal path between the amplifier and the speaker driver and therefore the signal driving the speaker is as pure as one can get.

Most full range drivers require reinforcement at the low frequencies and therefore the speaker enclosure assumes a pivotal role. A Back Loaded Horn enclosure effectively augments the low frequency response of the driver providing an articulate and satisfying bass presence.

The Violino is a Back Loaded Horn using the highly regarded FE126En driver from the Japanese company Fostex. Based on extensive listening sessions; we have come to the conclusion that this driver excel in the mid and high frequencies and offers a remarkable presence and imaging when it comes to vocals and acoustic instruments.

The enclosure design effectively augments the low frequency response with a gradual rolloff below 50Hz. The speaker is tuned and finished like a fine musical instrument. Solid core single strand bare copper wire with a proprietary dielectric is used for internal cabling; soldering is done using silver solder and binding posts are gold plated. Pure wool felt of a proprietary density is used for damping of the compression chamber behind the driver. The cabinet is constructed out of void free hard wood ply and finished using wood veneer hand polished with natural wax and shellac based varnish.

With a sensitivity of 93 dB/W/m; the Violino can be effectively paired with
moderately powered tube as well as solid state amplifiers having an output in the range of 10W to 15W @ 8 ohms.

Technical Specifications:

Impedance : 8 ohms
Sensitivity : 93 dB/W/m
Rated Input : 15 W
Music Power : 45 W
Frequency response : 50Hz to 25kHz

Attachments

• Horn_Speaker03verysmall_KZI5996_AA_copy1.jpg
    Horn_Speaker03verysmall_KZI5996_AA_copy1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 509
Congrats Satyaki!

Best Wishes with your new endeavour & hoping to be part of the 'evaluation team' of all models of Serenata Audio!

:clapping:

We have been listening to the Serenata Violino for a few days; as the very first piece of Serenata Violino, adorns our living room along with a Lyrita EL 84 push pull amplifier.
We are not audiophiles but simple music lovers and the best way of describing this speakers is that you get lost into the music and forget everything else for the moment. This is a perfect synergistic combination made by two highly passionate individuals and their passion and dedication can be seen and heard.
The sound is detailed, clear and pure as if its live music. For anyone who simply loves music, this would be an amazing experience, both male and female vocals is felt as if its right there in front of you, the nuances of the vocals are rendered with vivid details, the fundamental note, the overtones and the harmonics come in such coherent manner that one can picturize the music as if in a live performance.

Hello Satyaki,

Way to go!

All the best in getting high quality speakers, in an affordable price, for music lovers in India.

Regards,
Viren

Congratulations! Would appreciate a couple of images of better quality from different angles as well.

Hint: Open a Facebook group and add your pictures on there.
Link them on here when you post! Of course the FB page also gives you a nice social media presence!

@Nikhil, I will surely post some high rez photographs of the speakers. The website of Serenata Audio is under construction and will be up and running soon.

@shuv As of now Serenata Audio is a direct to customer company where each speaker is customised and fine tuned to suit individual preferences. Unfortunately there are no dealers in Kolkata at this moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some more photographs taken during the production of the Violino.

The front view of the speakers.

Attachments

• IMG-20130212-00442.jpg
    IMG-20130212-00442.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG-20130224-00457.jpg
    IMG-20130224-00457.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG-20130224-00456.jpg
    IMG-20130224-00456.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG-20130305-00473.jpg
    IMG-20130305-00473.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 262
  • Horn_Speaker02small_KZI6000_AA.jpg
    Horn_Speaker02small_KZI6000_AA.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 244
Looks great. Sure it sounds great too. Can i hear them some place in Mumbai?

Congratulations Serenata. These look good! All the best for your new venture. Question, at 3ft height, do the speakers come up to ear level or need to be on stands? Also does the stepped front baffle serve an acoustic design purpose or is it only for looks?

Regards

Great effort! those drivers sure make sweet music...all the best!

Can our Mumbai teammates give it a listen and post their impression?

Great effort! those drivers sure make sweet music...all the best!

Can our Mumbai teammates give it a listen and post their impression?

I have heard them briefly when they were just completed & inspite of being fresh off the blocks, they blew me away. Very dynamic & big sound! The workmanship & detailing of the build is outstanding. Kudos to Satyaki for his attention to detail. I intend to hear them again for a longer period of time in the near future, paired with a 300B based amp :)

Last edited:
Thanks Denom for the encouraging words. I am also keen on evaluating the synergy of the Violinos with the 300B SET. I will soon arrange a session for you, Prem and other interested FMs.

@stevieboy, I have designed hardwood footers for the Violinos that slightly tilts the speaker enclosure and the drivers fire straight at ear level. The stepped baffle that you have noted is a part of the horn mouth and is an important design element contributing to the bass response of the speakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back