Sexy speaker cables

tcpip

I built some sexy speaker cables for my system. I've just finished writing up the details here: http://tcpip.dhandanought.org/speaker-cables

There are photos in the write-up, and it is important to see the high-res versions of the photos if you want to understand what I've done. I have not yet had time to upload the high-res photos. Therefore, all the thumbnail photos actually link to some other unrelated image currently. I'll upload the larger-size photos soon (tonight, I hope) and fix the hyperlinks. Till then, hope the text makes sense.

All told, these speaker cables cost me very roughly Rs.2,000 each in component costs. For a stereo pair, this means Rs.4,000.

Will look forward to your comments and queries.

Uploaded the high-res photos, fixed the hyperlinks. Hope it makes the page more useful.

tcpip, nice writeup. Love the look on the face of your assistant
Thanks, and yes, he's my favourite assistant. He's a shade below nine now. And he keeps all the cut bits and discards from cables, wires, odd resistors, so that he can build his own stuff someday. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic writeup! I particularly like the part about what could be done different, the mark of a true DIYer!

Shankar

Hope you can see the proper high-res photos linked to the thumbnails now. If you can't maybe a browser refresh is in order -- the page may be cached. I checked all the images, and they seem to be working right.

Phast kilas kaaj TCP
Thanks, sirji.

Would Finolex or Havell multi strand make "Good quality" cable? We get these most easily.
I know about Polycab and Finolex being good quality (if not fakes). I am told Havell switchgear is not too good. I don't know how good their cables are.

Basically, absolutely any electrical cable is fine as long as (i) it is really electrical grade copper, which is OFC and low impedance, and (ii) the cross section area rated matches the actual cross section. There's nothing else to worry about. Try Finolex.

Looks like the list of sexy items in your household is multiplying rapidly ;)
Come see some of them. :lol: Open invite extended.

Nicely detailed diy project,thanks tcpip
Warm words of encouragement much appreciated, sir.

Last edited by a moderator:
If many of you like this sort of cable, then maybe DIYAudioCart or some of the other sources will be willing to keep the PET sleeving and heat-shrink tubing of the right sizes. Importing from CableOrganizer is possible but not very quick.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back