Sherwood AM-8500G/B

prepress

Dear Friends,

I need your valuable feedback and help.

Somebody is selling his Sherwood AM-8500G (gold) power amplifier 250 Watts per channel (approx). It doesn't have any control (everything was in its pre-amp which is missing), only speaker selector A + B. Weight is around 30 Kgs. Line Inputs are there. Can I use this power amp with iPod as it has volume, equalizer presets, and good signal quality. Or any CD player with Line Out/In?

Is there any difference of using Individual Large Heavy Pre-Amps? I guess Only advantage of these pre-amps is we can control the gain, bass and treble. Other sources of pre-amp are pure direct line outs and depends on the signal strength.

But we can control the gain, bass and treble with Apple iPod.

Comments please.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Well i don't know much about it, but i think that the signal that comes from the ipod is too low to be amplified properly. I mean, that pre-amplifier wil output a lot more than an ipod.

Thanks for your reply. I understand, do you think I should use Pre-Power separately? I am using Yamaha A-S500 Integrated Amp now?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back