Shopyourworld

manas27587

I was browsing through the forums in my quest of buying a new AVR

Found out about shopping through shopyourworld.

How does it work...cos it says ur buying thru amazon and it shows prices in Rs.

What about customs and other charges when you buy..???

Cos all offers on the site seem awesome...

Pls sort my query...

The equipment imported from usa are 110 volts ac. you need to install 220 volt to 110 volt step down transformer to make it working.

I think shopyourworld is like a third party that orders the stuff you want and takes care of any hassles like customs and other formalities. The price you are paying should be inclusive of all duties. It should work much like eBay's Global Easy Buy where an international reseller buys the stuff you want and gets it delivered to your doorstep.
The only drawback is that it is a longer wait. But useful, because US prices are so much more attractive than hamara desh ka prices. Add to that the greater variety, and you are looking at a tax-happy Indian Govt. who are soon going to exploit this "loophole" for taxation purposes. So get it while the going is good.

Is the ebay global price doorstep price???

I thought we hav to add the custom and shipping as well..

BTW i compared prices with GEB and shopyourworld...almost same...

Is the ebay global price doorstep price???

I thought we hav to add the custom and shipping as well..

BTW i compared prices with GEB and shopyourworld...almost same...

It is doorstep price in that it includes shipping charges, export duties levied by the exporting country and customs duties, customs clearing charges, service tax, insurance and other charges applicable in India. Octroi or any other applicable municipal entry taxes will be payable by you before delivery.
They make life pretty simple for you.

I was going thro shopyourworld.com and searching for 50" 3D TV's..I do see good plasma/LCD for around 80-90K including customs..whereas in India, 3D tvs are not less than 1Lac..is it advisable to place orders for TV's from these websites?

Attachments

• Samsung.jpg
    Samsung.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 38
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back