Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi mandeep,

Your setup is really good. Your Equipment rack is not doing justifice for your Yammy AVR and there is one slight recommondation, that your Yammy AVR works very hot whille switched on. so, you should have some ventillation around your AVR in that rack. It makes the electronic components inside the AVR works good for long time.

cheers.

Thanks dear
will do something about ventilation in future

regards:)

Hi,

This is one of my favorite threads. You guys all have an amazing setup, my setup is still incomplete with a pair of bookshelves to complete a 7.1 setup (now using satellites) and WDTV live and a 1 tb HDD. I currently have a HTPC though.

Mandeep, very good setup! Gbanavar, hmmm.., I was once a powerlifter and was in the subjunior team and have gone upto national level....so I wish I had a setup like yours, :clapping::yahoo:

I remember seeing a doggy as a part of HT setup, I guess, here:eek:hyeah:

You guys are amazing!

Cheers!

Hi,

This is one of my favorite threads. You guys all have an amazing setup, my setup is still incomplete with a pair of bookshelves to complete a 7.1 setup (now using satellites) and WDTV live and a 1 tb HDD. I currently have a HTPC though.

Mandeep, very good setup! Gbanavar, hmmm.., I was once a powerlifter and was in the subjunior team and have gone upto national level....so I wish I had a setup like yours, :clapping::yahoo:

You guys are amazing!

Cheers!

Thanks buddy
will wait for pics of your setup here.....hope to see it soon:)
Do u still pursue your weightlifting carrier.
regards

Me too looking for Budget amp & then my setup can be almost done.
My setup is Homely.:eek:hyeah:

http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-video-setup/1167-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-14.html

That's a good , nice and clean setup, u have.
1326d1256827531-showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here-img_3975.jpg

whats the size of ur LCD TV?

Thanks for posting the cleanest of picture's.
Its 32in as no extra space in shelf.

Last edited:
Thanks buddy
will wait for pics of your setup here.....hope to see it soon:)
Do u still pursue your weightlifting carrier.
regards

Hi,

Actually, no. You need to be on diet, practise at least 2 hours per day, stay very lazy and have at least 9 hours of complete sleep, take lot of protein and creatine.....So, I competed (at junior and subjunior) in district, state and national levels in 2000 and 2001 and then stopped completely, was working out for some time till 2004. After getting into BPO, I have absolutely no time for that.

Cheers!

Hi,

Actually, no. You need to be on diet, practise at least 2 hours per day, stay very lazy and have at least 9 hours of complete sleep, take lot of protein and creatine.....So, I competed (at junior and subjunior) in district, state and national levels in 2000 and 2001 and then stopped completely, was working out for some time till 2004. After getting into BPO, I have absolutely no time for that.

Cheers!

sorry to know this ,u really are missing out on the endorphins, the best high u cud ever get!!:)

This is one of my favorite threads...

You guys are amazing!

Cheers!

Yup...I like going thru this thread too...will post my setup once it is organized...

yeah...i've heard they are good diffusers and easy to move around :D if placed carefully they can absorb the standing waves and reduce the boominess of the bass :lol:

yeah...i've heard they are good diffusers and easy to move around :D if placed carefully they can absorb the standing waves and reduce the boominess of the bass :lol:

santhol2, georgeO plz take note of the new acoustic solution:clapping::yahoo:
Thanks mandeep!! Canines make excellent acoustic solutions. The secret lies in their coat. Their nails act as spikes and reduce vibrations.

Daschunds, Dobermans, Neopolitan Mastiffs and the like are good diffusors while Pomerians, Golden Retrievers and St.Bernards are good sound absorbers with very high NRC(Noise Reduction Co-efficient). I have ordered them in size and one can choose based on the room size and also on how low their subwoofer can go. Needless to say, they need to be fed Audiophile grade Pedigree. For a critical listening session, Royal Canin is a must. As a bonus, they also guard your priceless A/V setup:clapping:.

Hi Friends!!

I have attached pics of Home Theatre. It is a complete DIY setup. Even the equipments racks are home made and installed by me. Size of HT> 21' X 15' X 8'

The acoustic panels (Trap Boxes) have been installed at various locations. The size, design and locations of the panels have been done by an acoustic expert. Also, the locations of all the speakers and sofas have been done by the acoustic guy. The panels have been made by my local carpenter.

Unfortunately when I hired the services of the acoustic expert, I had already completely made my theatre. But, the sound was pathetic. I then hired an expert. He did a repair job and a fine job he did!! i did not let him touch the ceiling as I really liked it. But with time the joints in plywood have revealed. The whole ceiling jars i.e vibrates during high base. I am planning to use armstrong acoustic tiles like Vinay has used. That means I will have to Rip my existing ceiling. This is sad. I try to console myself that HT is all about sound and video. They are first priority.

The holes in the panels are visible in pics only, because of camera flash. With naked eye one is unable to see the same.
the pillars are cleverly designed as storage spaces for DVD's etc.

The screen is 100" diagonal, 4:3. The screen and casing are hid in the wooden panel. When I am listening to music, I keep the screen rolled. This reveals a picture paste on the wall. This way a big blank wall is not revelaed as seen in many home theatres. I am looking forward to buy a new 16:9 screen.

This is 7-8 seater theatre. The rear seats are elevated. The view of person sitting in the back row will never be obstructed by the front row person. I simply hated that when I visited cinemas. I swore to do something about it whenever I made my own cinema. And here it is!!

Friends, I shall await your suggestions and comments.

Excellent!!! I wish I had the time to DIY as well....

View attachment 1038View attachment 1039

Pic 1 - Front view & Pic 2 - Rear view

Panasonic TH-42PV7, Yamaha RX-V440, CA DVD99, Marantz CD 5001, Jamo E 430 (Flrs), Wharfedale 9.CS (centre), Yamaha NS-P430 (surround L, R, C), Yamaha SW 015 (sub), DAC ACFP-A06 (surge protector), cables (DAC, Monoprice), HDMI switcher 5x1 (Monoprice).

Replying to my own quote - feels funny !! Been doing some upgrading over the past few months - hence this update.

Replaced the Jamo E-430s with a pair of Wharfe 9.5s in Sept, the Yamaha NS-P430 surrounds with a pair of Wharfe 9.0s in Nov (hung on Monoprice wall brackets), the Yamaha SW 015 sub with a Wharfe SW150 in Oct and finally, the Yamaha RX-V440 receiver with a Denon 2310 yesterday.

It goes without saying that the 9.5s and the SW150 each resulted in significant improvements. The 9.0s were installed yesterday with the Denon so I dont know much about it yet. So far as the Denon is concerned, have observed the following over the past 24 hours :-

1. Audyssey - correctly recognized the speakers (large / small), measured the distances accurately (including the sub, which I understand is generally a problem for Audyssey measurements), good soundstage. Have to see whether I can better it thru the manual setup.
2. Sound - more muscular than the Yamaha (but thats not surprising, considering the 65w x 6 specs of the older receiver). Digs out low level details very well. Pure direct mode for 2 channel is pretty impressive, but I'll have to pit it against a 2 chanel amp to see how good it really is (but thats another upgrade story !!)
3.GUI - in a word, slick. However, the Xross GUI that I've seen in my brother's PS3 is distinctly better.
4.Video - in the limited testing I've done since yesterday, I could'nt make out any upconverting/upscaling difference between the 2310 and my CA DVD99, but that may either be a limitation of my display or due to the fact that the DVD99 was anyway pretty good to begin with.

Me and my son are having a ball. Wife is ready to climb the walls, but who cares ?????

Last edited:
Been doing some upgrading over the past few months - hence this update.

Replaced the Jamo E-430s with a pair of Wharfe 9.5s in Sept, the Yamaha NS-P430 surrounds with a pair of Wharfe 9.0s in Nov (hung on Monoprice wall brackets), the Yamaha SW 015 sub with a Wharfe SW150 in Oct and finally, the Yamaha RX-V440 receiver with a Denon 2310 yesterday.

Me and my son are having a ball. Wife is ready to climb the walls, but who cares ?????

Congrats buddy, you have a very nice and good looking setup.:)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back