Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Argho - nice setup! Question for you - I spied a tatasky+ in your equipment stand. Are you running it thru' the denon, and if so are u using the upscaling function of the denon. How is the PQ then? I have a tatasky+ into a sony lcd and man the PQ really sucks:sad:. I also have a denon 2310 in another room and am wondering how good the upscaling really is.
Cheers
Sid

Hi Subhash.

What is the need for mod chipping it ? Can you pls explain.

mod chipping of the nintendo wii is done , so that it cud read all the pirated wii games available for under 100rs where as the original wii games are almost 1.5 - 2k

am planning to get this done, the cost of mod chipping is abt 2.5k

mod chipping of the nintendo wii is done , so that it cud read all the pirated wii games available for under 100rs where as the original wii games are almost 1.5 - 2k

am planning to get this done, the cost of mod chipping is abt 2.5k

Tks for the explanation.

I don't have any pirated games. I play only simple family friendly games with my 2 daughters. Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit etc.

So no need for me to get any mod chipping done.

Argho - nice setup! Question for you - I spied a tatasky+ in your equipment stand. Are you running it thru' the denon, and if so are u using the upscaling function of the denon. How is the PQ then? I have a tatasky+ into a sony lcd and man the PQ really sucks:sad:. I also have a denon 2310 in another room and am wondering how good the upscaling really is.
Cheers
Sid

I am running it through the Denon.

I upgraded to Tata Sky+ just to try out the upscaling.
What I found is that my TV does as good / better job of upscaling. So no need to use upscaling in the receiver.

You will need to try it out for yourself. Every flat screen TV comes with a built in scaler. Whether the Denon scaler is better, can only be seen by trying out.

Have subsequently found out in various forums that Samsung TVs have excellent scalers. SD picture quality in my TV is actually quite good. But do keep in mind that my TV is 720p. Not full HD.

Tks for the explanation.

I don't have any pirated games. I play only simple family friendly games with my 2 daughters. Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit etc.

So no need for me to get any mod chipping done.

by pirated games i meant copies of the original wii games, available for 100rs compared to 1.5-2k of the original games

@Argho, neat setup. I have one suggestion, instead of the polk why cant you get a Polk RTiA1 for the center channel (same as L/R). Also you have enough space to keep the speaker at the bottom of the TV.

Does the equipments has enough breathing space, i believe all the equipments are usually having the vent slots at the top. This will be fine if they are having vent slots at the sides.

@Argho, neat setup. I have one suggestion, instead of the polk why cant you get a Polk RTiA1 for the center channel (same as L/R). Also you have enough space to keep the speaker at the bottom of the TV.

Does the equipments has enough breathing space, i believe all the equipments are usually having the vent slots at the top. This will be fine if they are having vent slots at the sides.

At some point in time am planning to upgrade the centre channle to Polk CSi A4. But for now, am satisfied with what I have got. The benefit of the RM705 package is that the speakers are tiny - keeps the wife happy.

Ventilation is a concern. Problem is that my equipment centre was never designed for a beast the size of the Denon. Fortunately, it does not get hot, and mostly I have the air-conditioner on in the room when I am watching a movie or listening to music.

@argho that sofa is inviting ! Looks like a very cosy environment for A/V.

Since, WAF is a consideration, why not have some channels to run the speaker wires through.

My basic living room HT setup. Serves my needs wonderfully.

Speakers
Klipsch Synergy SF-1 towers
Klipsch Reference RC-3 II centre
Klipsch SS.5 surrounds
Yamaha YST SW015

Receiver
Denon AVR-1803

Source
Onkyo DV-SP405
TataSky
WD TV
WD Passport 320GB+500GB HDD
PS3 40GB
PSP 2000 Slim and Lite (not in pic)
PS2 fat (not in pic)
Monoprice 4x1 HDMI switcher

Display
Panasonic TH42 PV8D

Remotes
Logitech Harmony 550
PS3 BD remote

Attachments

• AV Equip.jpg
    AV Equip.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 836
  • AV Setup.jpg
    AV Setup.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 834

Speakers
Klipsch SS.5 surrounds
Yamaha YST SW015

Receiver
Denon AVR-1803

Source
Onkyo DV-SP405
TataSky
WD TV
PS3 40GB
PS2 fat (not in pic)

Display
Panasonic TH42 PV8D

Remotes
Logitech Harmony 550
PS3 BD remote

A very decent setup , One suggestion - Cant you place your surround a little bit low. Thinking it placed too high.

A very decent setup , One suggestion - Cant you place your surround a little bit low. Thinking it placed too high.
Yeah. I know it's high. That was one of the compromises/trade-offs with aesthetics :)

I deliberated on the surround speaker placement for 3+ months before deciding on that compromise. I normally keep the rear speakers at +3/4db to compensate somewhat.

Speakers
Klipsch SS.5 surrounds
Yamaha YST SW015

Receiver
Denon AVR-1803

Source
Onkyo DV-SP405
TataSky
WD TV
PS3 40GB
PS2 fat (not in pic)

Display
Panasonic TH42 PV8D

Remotes
Logitech Harmony 550
PS3 BD remote

Hi,

Very nice setup! I like your lab doggy resting on the woofers.

Guess the doggy loves your HT system:yahoo::lol:, something I have never seen as a part of the HT system so far. I love your setup and ur doggy.:clapping::eek:hyeah:

I love your setup and ur doggy.:clapping::eek:hyeah:
Thanks !
Well, she does not show any interest in the HT. Butttt, me watching a movie is blissful for her, since she can sleep on the cushions uninterrupted, and not keep following me all over the house :)

Very nice setup ,surr can be tilted like in THEATRE.
Thank you.
That option was also considered. In fact I've lost count of the numerous options I had thought of - including one where a collapsible vertical rod could be pulled down from the roof along with the speaker when viewing movies and pushed up when not. Something in the lines of the submarine periscopes we see in movies !

Btw, the cellotape strips around the speaker grilles can be seen. Protection from my son. He has already cracked the center speaker grille. Loves to run across the room and crash into the center with his hands. I am thankful it's a Klipsch with the solid horn in the center. A normal tweeter would have ceased to exist long ago.

Last edited:
My man caveThis is what makes me a slave to the wage...

Gear-----

Panasonic PV8
Philips DVP5996K
Edifier C3
Sennheiser HD110
Xbox
TataSky
HTPC
Logitech MX5500 Combo
PSP
Seagate Desk 1 TB
Belkin N150
Compaq V2000

Wishlist------

PS3
HT
Norge+Wharfedale
Wacom Bamboo Touch

All Comments/Suggestions Welcome

Last edited:
Can you showcase your computer/Digi hardware as well, I though this thread was only for Audio/Video setup showcase, in that case......here goes my list.:)

Intel C2D 6300 [email protected]
Zalman CPU Air Cooler
Coolermaster 690 Gaming Cabbie
Coolermaster 800W PSU
Vista Ultimate x64/Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot
ASUS P5B-Delux Wifi MoBo
Tran 6 GB Gaming RAM
Sapphaire Radion HD5850 1GB GFX Card
Samsung 2233SW FULL HD Monitor
3.0 TB Internal Storage RAID 0 configured
1.0 TB External Storage eSata option
500GB External Portable Drive
LG Blue Ray/HD DVD Drive
ASUS DVDRW
Razer Lycosa backlit Gaming Keyboard
Razer Gaming coreless Mouse
M.XBox wireless controllers
Logitech G27 racing Wheel
Altec Lansing ATP5
DENON SYS-76HT (SOLD) got ONKYO HTS 6200
PSP Modded 1st gen
V.iPOD 30GB
iPOD Touch 16GB Second Gen JailBroken
Nokia E75 Modded
and oh I forgot APC 800 VA Smart UPS

We can add

Tatasky Plus
Philips DVP5500S DVD player
Philips 29" 720p CRT (discontinued now)
Sennheiser MX160
Sennheiser HD180
Creative EP630
Creative Zen MP3 player
WD Media Player

I hope I am not forgetting anything........

Last edited:
Here is my setup

Esoteric P70 Transport on VR3 Isobase
Esoteric D70 D/A on VR3 Isobase
Rethm Gaanam Integrated Amplifier
Rethm Saadhana Speakers

Equipment is on SRA Craz Rack.
Interconnects are Acoustic System Liveline
Speaker Cables are Rethm
Powercords are Lessloss and Acoustic System Liveline
Wall Sockets are Oyaide Gold
Room Treatment is Acoustic System Resonators

Last edited:
Here is my setup

Esoteric P70 Transport on VR3 Isobase
Esoteric D70 D/A on VR3 Isobase
Rethm Gaanam Integrated Amplifier
Rethm Saadhana Speakers

Equipment is on SRA Craz Rack.
Interconnects are Acoustic System Liveline
Speaker Cables are Rethm
Powercords are Lessloss and Acoustic System Liveline
Wall Sockets are Oyaide Gold
Room Treatment is Acoustic System Resonators

Now this is what I Call " THE SYSTEM " BTW Prem , How much did you spend for the Esoteric Transport and D/A Convertor. Very Good system.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back