Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Hi Tharun

The Esoteric set up cost me 6.5 lakhs

Hi Sidvee

The Dehavillands are still lying with me. Need to put out an ad.

Hi Tharun

The Esoteric set up cost me 6.5 lakhs

Hi Sidvee

The Dehavillands are still lying with me. Need to put out an ad.

whoa!!

nice setup. would suggest requesting a photography enthusiast (not a professional) to come over and click, if convenient.

My basic living room HT setup. Serves my needs wonderfully.

Speakers
Klipsch Synergy SF-1 towers
Klipsch Reference RC-3 II centre
Klipsch SS.5 surrounds
Yamaha YST SW015

Receiver
Denon AVR-1803

Source
Onkyo DV-SP405
TataSky
WD TV
WD Passport 320GB+500GB HDD
PS3 40GB
PSP 2000 Slim and Lite (not in pic)
PS2 fat (not in pic)
Monoprice 4x1 HDMI switcher

Display
Panasonic TH42 PV8D

Remotes
Logitech Harmony 550
PS3 BD remote

Hi,

Is that a Golden Retriever that you have?

I have a Saint Bernard.

regards,

Nitin.

Here is my setup

Esoteric P70 Transport on VR3 Isobase
Esoteric D70 D/A on VR3 Isobase
Rethm Gaanam Integrated Amplifier
Rethm Saadhana Speakers

Equipment is on SRA Craz Rack.
Interconnects are Acoustic System Liveline
Speaker Cables are Rethm
Powercords are Lessloss and Acoustic System Liveline
Wall Sockets are Oyaide Gold
Room Treatment is Acoustic System Resonators

just fabulous!!!!

Hi,

While i have been engaged with this wonderful forum for few months now, i never had the opportunity to put forth my setup. This was because of my shuttling between Singapore and Chennai. Now, slowly, i transferred whatever equipments i had to Chennai and install them reasonably.
View attachment 1579

View attachment 1580

Components :
Amplifier - NAD C355BEE
CD player - Cambridge Audio 340C
Tuner - Rotel 940AX
DVD player - Phillips
Turntable - Stanton T.60 with Stanton 400 v3 cartridge
Speakers - Mission M32i
Sub Woofer - Mordaunt Short M309i
Cables - Various entry level (no consistency !!)
DAC - Beresford 7520 (not yet installed or tested !!)
Rack - DIY flexi rack - just as a start up

I am yet to fine tune the speaker placement and other things. Similarly, the speaker stands are dismantled from two old coffee tables ?? and a marble placed on top with some kind of 3M isolation bought from a DIY store (we can call it rubber bush :)). Also the CD player and tuner are sitting on marble pieces with hand made wooden cones :) - just trial & error learning.

As of now, the sound is reasonable good to my ears with central imaging and clarity. I still feel the image is not high enough (vertical) to have a better feel - i will be working on that with stands, speaker and Sub placement and whatever possible.

I like mostly slow paced music with nice clarity on instruments (like e.g. Katie Melua, tracy chapman kind of songs). Added the sub to compliment on the LF which i like.

DAC - i have just bought it in SIN and have not even tested it in this setup - so no comments on that and not even there in the picture.

Turntable - I picked this up when i was on a trip to LA and this works fine (since i have not had the opportunity to listen to any other TT, i can't compare). I have just STARTED collecting quality CDs and Records as i got into this hobby only very recently. I have a small qty of descent records which i bought them used in LA and in Seoul.

I wanted to do this post for sometime, but unfortunately i could not. Hope it is a descent start up to this world. I would be very happy to invite our forum freinds to my place and also can visit their places to learn more about this NEW world.

A Big thanks to this forum through which i have learned atleast to this extent and looking forward to having a wonderful association.

....my other hobby is Photography, but unfortunately, i need to learn to post crisp pictures in this forum.....:eek:
swami

Last edited:
We can now even start adding video rev with ytube if possible & even here it.
Pls.dont ask me to start as not very special with my setup.:D

Prem, can you please pass me your address? I need to give it to the contract guy I hired to steal your stuff :eek:hyeah:

Hi,

While i have been engaged with this wonderful forum for few months now, i never had the opportunity to put forth my setup. This was because of my shuttling between Singapore and Chennai. Now, slowly, i transferred whatever equipments i had to Chennai and install them reasonably.
View attachment 1579

View attachment 1580

Components :
Amplifier - NAD C355BEE
CD player - Cambridge Audio 340C
Tuner - Rotel 940AX
DVD player - Phillips
Turntable - Stanton T.60 with Stanton 400 v3 cartridge
Speakers - Mission M32i
Sub Woofer - Mordaunt Short M309i
Cables - Various entry level (no consistency !!)
DAC - Beresford 7520 (not yet installed or tested !!)
Rack - DIY flexi rack - just as a start up

I am yet to fine tune the speaker placement and other things. Similarly, the speaker stands are dismantled from two old coffee tables ?? and a marble placed on top with some kind of 3M isolation bought from a DIY store (we can call it rubber bush :)). Also the CD player and tuner are sitting on marble pieces with hand made wooden cones :) - just trial & error learning.

As of now, the sound is reasonable good to my ears with central imaging and clarity. I still feel the image is not high enough (vertical) to have a better feel - i will be working on that with stands, speaker and Sub placement and whatever possible.

I like mostly slow paced music with nice clarity on instruments (like e.g. Katie Melua, tracy chapman kind of songs). Added the sub to compliment on the LF which i like.

DAC - i have just bought it in SIN and have not even tested it in this setup - so no comments on that and not even there in the picture.

Turntable - I picked this up when i was on a trip to LA and this works fine (since i have not had the opportunity to listen to any other TT, i can't compare). I have just STARTED collecting quality CDs and Records as i got into this hobby only very recently. I have a small qty of descent records which i bought them used in LA and in Seoul.

I wanted to do this post for sometime, but unfortunately i could not. Hope it is a descent start up to this world. I would be very happy to invite our forum freinds to my place and also can visit their places to learn more about this NEW world.

A Big thanks to this forum through which i have learned atleast to this extent and looking forward to having a wonderful association.

....my other hobby is Photography, but unfortunately, i need to learn to post crisp pictures in this forum.....:eek:
swami

neat!! can i also suggest vibrapods, isolators and/or cones. don't believe they are snake oil.

Here is my current setup:

B&K Components AV 7.1 System Controller: Reference 30
Carver Premier THX 5 Channel Power Amplifier: AV-505

Polk Audio Speakers
Front Main: Monitor 70
Center Channel: CS2
Sub-Woofer: PSW404
Surrounds: FXi5

Yamaha Natural Sound DVD A/V Player: DVD-C920
LG DVD Player with USB Port: DV356-P

Nintendo Wii
Sony PS2

QED/Monster Speaker Cables
Audio Research Interconnects

Sony 50" Plasma Monitor: FWD50PX2B
Logitec 525 Universal Programmable Remote

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 732
  • P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 727
  • P4.jpg
    P4.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 724
  • P5.jpg
    P5.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 725
  • P6.jpg
    P6.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 729
Very neat setup gbanavar , Looks like you have utilized the space very effectively. BTW whn are you participating in the Mr.World contest. Seems that you have spent a lot in Gym equipments rather then the HT. Nice way to exercise.

Very nice setup, nice way to workout. But,

1. Speakers too far apart.
2. So close to side and rear walls.
3. Sweet spot too far.

are just my observations. But, if you're enjoying the sound, its great.

:)

Very neat setup gbanavar , Looks like you have utilized the space very effectively. BTW whn are you participating in the Mr.World contest. Seems that you have spent a lot in Gym equipments rather then the HT. Nice way to exercise.

Thats nice Gym-Theatre.

Thank you.. the Gym equipment if my "fitter" half's :lol:

In my house, one can't exist without the other. For each HT equipment upgrade I do, I have to buy gym equipment to keep her happy. :rolleyes:

Very nice setup, nice way to workout. But,

1. Speakers too far apart.
2. So close to side and rear walls.
3. Sweet spot too far.

:)

Based on HT setup guides, the front speakers should be about 3 feet away on either side of the TV. Mine is about 4 feet due to the door I have in the way.

The front speakers are set about 1/2 feet away from the wall on all sides. I had front and rear firing speakers before and they had to be placed about 1.5 - 2 feet away from the wall. Since these are only front firing speakers, what is the significance of the distance from the wall behind it? What do you suggest?

As far as the sweet spot, I am still playing around with the distance. I used to have it at about 14 feet from the TV, I have now moved it to 16 feet. It does seem like it is a little too far. But, I have not had it in this position long enough to make a decision.

Last edited:
Here is my current setup:

B&K Components AV 7.1 System Controller: Reference 30
Carver Premier THX 5 Channel Power Amplifier: AV-505

Polk Audio Speakers
Front Main: Monitor 70
Center Channel: CS2
Sub-Woofer: PSW404
Surrounds: FXi5

Yamaha Natural Sound DVD A/V Player: DVD-C920
LG DVD Player with USB Port: DV356-P

Nintendo Wii
Sony PS2

QED/Monster Speaker Cables
Audio Research Interconnects

Sony 50" Plasma Monitor: FWD50PX2B
Logitec 525 Universal Programmable Remote

Nice AV setup Ganesh:).

By moving the speakers closer to the rear wall, bass will be more. Even if your speaker does not have rear bass port, experimenting with speaker placement can give you good results. When I drop in to your place sometime soon, we'll try out some placement options.

At the end of the day, this is what matters. Give speaker placement a try though and post back.

Last edited:
Here is my simple 5.1 setup with

1.Panasonic 32LX700, purchase month-year:-Dec,2007.
2.Lg BD370 bluray player, purchase month-year:-Dec,2009
3.Yamaha Fronts(NS 8900), :purchase month-year:-Dec,2007
4.Yamaha centre - surround(NS-P60), purchase month-year:-Dec,2002
5.sony SA-WM500 150W subwoofer,purchase month-year:sep,2006
6.RX-V663 7.1 reciever,purchase year:-jan,2010(replaced my 8 year old Yamaha RX-V430 with this)

myhtnew.jpg

myht1new.jpg

myht2new.jpg

Have a projector based setup in another room (will post it later)

regards:)

Last edited:
Hi mandeep,

Your setup is really good. Your Equipment rack is not doing justifice for your Yammy AVR and there is one slight recommondation, that your Yammy AVR works very hot whille switched on. so, you should have some ventillation around your AVR in that rack. It makes the electronic components inside the AVR works good for long time.

cheers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back