Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Guys n gals:), - I will work out a convenient weekend and try to set up a listening session - my work schedule is quite hectic - but will plan something in the next few weeks
Cheers:cheers:

Guys n gals:), - I will work out a convenient weekend and try to set up a listening session - my work schedule is quite hectic - but will plan something in the next few weeks
Cheers:cheers:
High hopes ,buddy!
All you're gonna get are bearded critters.

Some more pics of my main audio and HT room

Wow, very nice setup! It is always a good feel for me to be around gadgets, especially black ones. I can imagine how good you would be feeling with your setup. Congratulations and enjoy your current setup.

Thanks,

Upcoming upgrades: HT - Oppo BpD Blueray, Panasonic PTAE4000 proj

Hi Sidvee,

Nice equipment you have there....

Even I have narrowed down my Projecter search to AE4000 but couple of delears here in Delhi told me it has not yet launched in India. I dont know where you belong to............ but if you do manage to lay your hands on one of these do let me know the distributer and the price.......

same is the case with Oppo BDP. Is it region free?? if not does it support chip level modification to make it region free....... ??

your inputs would be appriciated.

Regards
Sam

Hi Sidvee,

Even I have narrowed down my Projecter search to AE4000 but couple of delears here in Delhi told me it has not yet launched in India. I dont know where you belong to............ but if you do manage to lay your hands on one of these do let me know the distributer and the price.......

I got a quote of Rs. 120k thru import route for AE4000 last week... my need will be in another 2-3 months and hence did not pursue further.. PM me if you need more details..

Hi Sam

The Panasonic PT- AE4000u is available in the us - for $1999
I had demod the proj. when I was there last month. Excellent pq with blue ray. As far as the oppo there are some region mods available - but I have yet to research into these.
I hope to have the dvd player next month and buy the proj hopefully in jan/feb. Since I bring most of this equipment from there I have to plan my purcahses areound my trips.
Cheers
Sid

I got a quote of Rs. 120k thru import route for AE4000 last week... my need will be in another 2-3 months and hence did not pursue further.. PM me if you need more details..

Thats damm good price....I mailed projector systems India and they are offring a price of 1,65,000+12.5% Tax, which is a retard price if you ask me if the projector is available for 2000USD.

Hi Sam

The Panasonic PT- AE4000u is available in the us - for $1999
I had demod the proj. when I was there last month. Excellent pq with blue ray. As far as the oppo there are some region mods available - but I have yet to research into these.
I hope to have the dvd player next month and buy the proj hopefully in jan/feb. Since I bring most of this equipment from there I have to plan my purcahses areound my trips.
Cheers
Sid

Any probability if you can get me one.....:)

Superb Setup Sidvee. However I have a question - doesn't the placement of the B&Ws seem a bit sub optimal? I think the sofa would mess up the imaging bigtime.

Thanks reignofchaos. My plan was to create a well treated room - with good broadband absorption. As a result I have 6 GIK panels that absorb upto 80hz a couple of echo busters that absorb upto 200hz and then the rest is acheived through soft furniture - said couch, carpeting and armstrong ceiling tiles.
I believe I have been relatively successful. Imaging is spot on - with some Mofi SACD's - each instrument occupies a clear holographic space between the speakers, and soundstage width is clearly wider than the speakers but depth is not very good - I believe that I have to pull the speakers forward by atleast 12" more but I am quite satisfied - plus since I also watch movies in the room - the speakers would interfere with the screen view. Most importantly I have bass extension all the way into upper 30hz range with a 6" kevlar woofer of the B&W's! It almost feels that my monster SVS sub is on.
My observation has been that in Indian environments - with brick and mortar plastered walls and hard concrete flooring it is better to damp aggresively.
Cheers Sid

Sam - Believe me if I could I would pick up a few projectors - lot of my friends here want one too:lol:, but man these 1080p projectors have grown in size. When I brought my Panny PTAe900 a couple of years back I just stuck it in my carry on. Now it is not possible as you would need at-least a 21" carry on - and that too it would be fully occupied by the projector. It would be a major pia at the security check.
Cheers

sidvee : a setup that definitely beckons to give a (or multiple) serious listen(s) and view(s).

lucky few who are near by, are invited and get to make the most of the opp (s).

Last edited:
Here is my setup :

TV : Samsung plasma PS50B450
Receiver : Denon 1910
Media Player : WD HD TV with 2 * 1 TB hard disks
DVD Player : Philips
Game console : Nintedo Wii
DTH/Sat : Tata Sky+
Speakers (front L+R): Polk RTiA1
Speakers (Centre, Surround, Sub) : Polk RM705

I hope the pics are visible.

DSC_0519.JPG

DSC_0521.JPG

DSC_0525.JPG

DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0527.JPG

Last edited:
argho , thats a very neat set up, must be having a great time with the wii , have u mod chipped it?

congrats

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back