Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

hi manu, the bass response of the velodynes (which i was planning to sell earlier to doing room treatment) has improved very much after doing up the room , and it does shake up the room!! --
i got the whole room done up from the anutone company, the contact person wud be praveen @09845932079 , he cud get u the contact details @ your place

thanks bro i'll contact him tomorrow :)

@all,before anything,the rack is still to be decided on ;),placement is not ideal enough,not to mention the qlty of the photos,and the pack of smokes on the stab :p(excuse please!!).even so, presenting my little setup at home..pure 2 channel,even the occ movie.dont know any who have this combo of cambridge audio with mission on the forum.got the entire rig from anand(decibels inc,blore) in june 2009.wallet friendly,and absolutely awesome for jazz/western/classical/lounge/trance/hiphop/vocal,pretty much all genres.rock,even if it sounds very good,can be a little less involving than other genres.speakers placed approx 1ft from back wall,4-5 ft apart,sans foam bungs in ports.'burned' all the components in with 2+hrs of noise files/day followed by mix of genres for the first 50+hrs.playing vol is usually 9-10 'o' clock position.very neutral,transparent setup,bass is tight and goes low,lovely midrange, and excellent highs.luckily for me our house has earthern tiled floors,helping me with room acoustics.the dv99 doubles up as a fine redbook cd player,hack lets me play mp3/vcd as well.the obvious choice for music is redbook cds,the dynamics need to be heard.very impressive.mp3 needs to be played louder to get some detail and punch goin(one can literally feel all the lost 'bits').system has logged approx 120+ hrs of play time.as i work abroad,it gathers dust when not around(of course everything goes into their respective packaging before storage!).when i am at home the setup is playin for a good 4/5 hrs straight usually.dvds and movies from usb look and sound excellent.not much to fault for a 'budget' setup even if budget setups are spoken of as compromising somewhere!awaiting a usb dac to integrate laptop(foobar/wasapi) into the amp and thereby complete my setup.play mainly redbook cds/high bitrate mp3/dvd/occasional files(audio/video) from usb.sounds phenomenal playin ps2(wrc4/colin mcrae4/etc)on the rig.of course my standard of reference is just how good/bad a low bitrate mp3 can sound to u in any setup.if listenable,just start using good source material and u have a winner!!thanks to all in the forum,after countless hours of deliberation,my budget combo realised after a long while of dreaming :eek:hyeah:.till when i do have the moolah needed for the mother of all buys,cheers all
p.s. disregard the camera dates

Attachments

• PictureS 419.jpg
    PictureS 419.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 902
  • PictureS 420.jpg
    PictureS 420.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 898
  • PictureS 427.jpg
    PictureS 427.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 899
  • PictureS 428.jpg
    PictureS 428.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 900
Last edited:
Its exciting to see all the gr8 systems showcased in this thread. Here are my systems in Hyderabad
I have a dedicated HT/Listening room consisting of a 2 channel and 5 channel HT.
Main 2 channel system:
Sources - Rega Apollo CD, Marantz SA8260 SACD, Wadia 170i transport w/160gb ipod
DAC - Musical Fidelity XDAC v8
Preamp: Modwright SWL 9.0se tube preamp
Amps: Quicksilver mid mono push pull tube monoblocks
Loudspeaker: B&W N805
Power Conditioners: Monster HTS5100 mk2, Panamax 1000+, Adya Servo Stabilizer
Cabling: PSaudio, Audio Art, Shunyata
Racks & Stands: Plateau & Sound Organization
Room Treatment: GIK Acoustic Panels (2'x4'x4") - 6, Echo Buster Panels - 2
HT: Denon AVR2310 Rcvr, Oppo DV981HD DVD player, Panasonic Pt-900ae proj, Elite 106" screen, Paradigm Studio v3 speakers, SVS PC12 plus subwfr.
Bedroom System: Musical Fidelity Xray v3 cd player, Benchmark DAC1, Bel Canto Pre 3, Bel Canto S300 amp, Panamax500 power cond, Usher BE718 Loudspeakers, Adya Servo Stabilizer, Kimber Hero balanced cabling and Audio art speaker cables
Casual Listening System: Oppo DV971 player, Musical fidelity xdacv3, xpsu, x10v3, Pioneer Elite VSX52tx receiver, Dynaudio Focus 110 loudspeakers, Audio art cabling and a sony 40" LCD with tatasky plus
Needless to say I enjoy my 1000 cd collection and 500+ DVD movies almost on a daily basis.
Upcoming upgrades: HT - Oppo BpD Blueray, Panasonic PTAE4000 proj
Main Stereo: Dehavilland tube preamp, Turntable (maybe 50k range)

Last edited:
All are welcome for a listen and thanks for the kind comments. Of-course the resources of this forum and the posts in this thread are very inspirational.
Cheers,
Sid

Sidvee, just one word WOW.

That sure costs a fortune.

You must be a true audio/video enthusiast. Components as varied as such should be versatile for anything.:cool:.

Where do you live by the way?;) If all are coming at one time to listen and see this please count me in too.

I am sure in my lifetime I'll never own even half of it, though would really want to.:sad:

A lot of the equipment I bought in the US when I lived there , and moved it here in Transfer of Residence - other stuff that I bought here - I will buy only if the India retail is same as International - for instance the Usher BE-718 - Sridhar (great guy, great store:thumbsup:) at ARN in B'lore - has the same prices here as International pricing. Otherwise - man you have to be a politician - like Mr. Koda or an Irrigation Contractor in AP or a mining Baron in Karnataka or a Don anywhere or a big Business Tycoon :lol: to afford some of the Hi-fi here in India. I bought my Denon AVR2310 in US last month for $700 and here I believe it is selling for double - there you can almost buy a 4310 for that. Really this pricing is killing the market but then again I guess govt. policies, customs etc. play a big role. Anyways I am glad that even with this type of pricing there are a lot of enthusiastic audio/video lovers.
Cheers:beer:

Some more pics of my main audio and HT room

hi , great set up and awesome equipments

which is the sub u are using?

in one of the pic (second pic) what is the cylindrcal kind of spkr ? is it the sub ?

how much are u getting the pana 4000AE for ? i dont think this model is yet launched

regards , subhash

I am using a SVS pc 12plus sub - yup it is the cylindrical speaker in the photos - awesome - shakes the floor - wish it was available in India. The Panasonic PT- AE4000u is available in the us - for $1999

Panasonic PT-AE4000U Projector (Panasonic?PTAE4000U)

Here it is anybodys guess - I wont be surprised - when it is released - to have a price tag north of 2 lacs.

Hi Subhas - I am not sure of the duty. Anyways when I travel to US on business, or pleasure - which is usually 3-4 times a year - I buy some of the lighter equipment there - that will fit in a medium size suitcase - and bring it back. Ususally if you do not have too much baggage - customs does not care - especially in Mumbai. I just got my Denon AVR 2310 last month that way.
Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back