Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

Nice components. But, if you could...

1. Hide all cables somewhat.
2. Move the PC setup away, and bring the FS closer to 10 feet distance apart.
3. Put a carpet or rug in front of the FS to cancel the first reflection point.

You're in for a step-up in SQ from current SQ.

:)

Also I think he can benefit if he keeps some distance between the FS and the backwall

hi, vinay,santosh ,venkat and all my friends ---i just completed doing up my room with a limited budget and the results have been just fantastic ,functionally its a great improvement (atleast 50-60:/: over the untreated room in terms of audio and video) aesthetically it may appear a little too colourful but thats ok for an entertainment room
materials used--1---black anutone tiles for the false ceiling
2--- acoustic boards with fabric to seal the 2 windows
3---acoustic slims (black/red) for all the walls , black slims for the front walls (using slims was a better option for me as they consume less space then the acoustic boards and are very easy to install)
4---carpets and furniture yet to be replaced (coz of budget)
total amount spent on room treatment is 40k, but let me tell you the functional results are awesome its kind of addictive!!!!
i have placed my adittional power amps to power my centre/sorrounds --dvdp/ ups/ stabiliser behind the screen on the right side

Last edited:
Congrats on completing your HT Subhash - Looks Great.

Needed some info on the acoustic slims that you used - Do you suppose I could use them on the my door? How is the pricing on these? I am looking for options to seal the door to my HT.

the electronics
1--marantz sa11s1 sacd player
2--vincent SP331MK power amp
3--vincent SA31MK pre amp
4--chord chameleon interconnects
5--chord odessy 4 (biwire) speaker cables ,for the main L/R through the vincent power amp
6-- Jamo c809 speaker pack
7-- onkyo 875 AVR ( basically acting jst as a processor and also driving my back sorrounds )
8--optoma HD65 with 120" grandview pull down instalock screen
9--onkyo sp504 / phillips 5996 dvdp
10--velodyne CHT12R sub
11--carver TFM35X power amp 2 nos: to drive the sorrounds and centre in mono mode
i had recently commented that the velodyne cht12r sub was inefficient but after treating the room the cht12r sub has suddenly come to life and seems to do its job very efficiently it shakes up the room with tremendous effect ( but this sub is good only for movies)

Last edited:
Congrats on completing your HT Subhash - Looks Great.

Needed some info on the acoustic slims that you used - Do you suppose I could use them on the my door? How is the pricing on these? I am looking for options to seal the door to my HT.

hi opert u cud definetly use the slims on the door , i have used them on my doors its very effective
the pricing is about 350/ slim , u cud contact 9845932079 mr praveen for further details
i dont think u can seal the door with this slims u cud only apply/paste/nail them to your doors ( as these slims come with gum , jst like stickers its easy to use but when it comes to door bcoz of the smooth finish on the doors its wise to also use thin nails too)

hi this was my set up prior to room treatment , the sound i thot was very good then but now after doing up the room for acoustics i just cant imagine how much a change it has made ,everything sounds different
bass is so tight it just hits you
mids and highs are amazing,crystal clear
u hear sounds from familiar tracks that you have never heard before
movie watching is fantastic (i wud say far better than a multiplex theatre)
u cud now play really loud(concert levels) without bothering your neighbours
and at any time of the day/night

Last edited:
congrats Subhash! It seems the room treatment really helped you. How much money/ time/ effort did you spend on it?

regards

Great going Subhash!! So finally your HT sound treatment by Anutone has been completed. One suggestion is that change the blue door to match the black panels around it :).

Regarding your AV electronics - just two words " SIMPLY SUPERB"

congrats Subhash! It seems the room treatment really helped you. How much money/ time/ effort did you spend on it?

regards

thanks , definetly its done a hell a lot of difference in all aspects , it costed me abt 40k , yet to replace furniture n carpet, the whole process took abt 10 days but the biggest effort was to remove all the electronic equipments and replace them ,i had to do it myself , but the results have paid off

Great going Subhash!! So finally your HT sound treatment by Anutone has been completed. One suggestion is that change the blue door to match the black panels around it :).

Regarding your AV electronics - just two words " SIMPLY SUPERB"

hi santosh , even i wanted to change the blue to either red /black , i dont know for some reason praveen insisted on blue color---anyway again getting those guys to come n change the fabric?? tired man ,maybe sometime later

Hey Subhash!!!

Good job with the acoustics man. Anyways, I am not surprised with the results. I had to be a difference of night-and-day. You see I found huge change after I got the acoustics done in my HT.

I recommend all HT enthusiasts to get basic acoustics done. If budget is a constraint then spend less on the electronics but get the acoustics done. Right acoustics can make a 1000$ system sound like a 2000$ one!!!

Anyways Subhash, enjoy your HT. And, you have some great equipment there my friend.

Cheers!

hi, sumit definetly the room acoustics makes a huge difference, i always hesitated to spend on room acoustics even though many of my friends sugested on this aspect but now am glad i have done it up ,the results are fantastic,as u rightly said a difference of night n day!!!

hi subhash!

nice to see that you got your room done finally. so no problem with the small room on the right now?

enjoy your music!

regards,
abhishek.

Hey Subhash!!!

Good job with the acoustics man. Anyways, I am not surprised with the results. I had to be a difference of night-and-day. You see I found huge change after I got the acoustics done in my HT.

I recommend all HT enthusiasts to get basic acoustics done. If budget is a constraint then spend less on the electronics but get the acoustics done. Right acoustics can make a 1000$ system sound like a 2000$ one!!!

Anyways Subhash, enjoy your HT. And, you have some great equipment there my friend.

Cheers!

I would take a $1000 system in a properly treated room over a $40,000 system in an untreated room ANYDAY of the week. That is how big a treated room makes to a system. This understanding comes with experience...if someone would have told me this when I was naive and just starting out, I would think he was crazy.

There really is no substitute for experience.

hi, vinay,santosh ,venkat and all my friends ---i just completed doing up my room with a limited budget and the results have been just fantastic ,functionally its a great improvement (atleast 50-60:/: over the untreated room in terms of audio and video) aesthetically it may appear a little too colourful but thats ok for an entertainment room
3---acoustic slims (black/red) for all the walls , black slims for the front walls (using slims was a better option for me as they consume less space then the acoustic boards and are very easy to install)
total amount spent on room treatment is 40k, but let me tell you the functional results are awesome its kind of addictive!!!!
i have placed my adittional power amps to power my centre/sorrounds --dvdp/ ups/ stabiliser behind the screen on the right side

superb brother :)

rock your world now :cool:

where you bought all the stuf can you give me some phone numbers, i'm too looking for proper treatment in my ht though what i have done is enough for ht treatment but i though why not choose branded stuffs especially for ceiling coz my ceiling is completely vacant

and how the performance of velodyne coz i'm freaky freaky baaaaaaas luver :D

here is my HT set up .. i have just got front speakers and a sub yet (polk tsi 300 ).. any feedback on set up ?

Last edited:
here is my HT set up .. i have just got front speakers and a sub yet (polk tsi 300 ).. any feedback on set up ?

congrats bro

though if you don't mind you place front speakers wrong we must place both speaker equals from back and side wall and also place sub in between centre and any front if that's not possible place the sub where you place your left speaker and place left speaker where you place your sub

Manu one question why do you sign Polk TSi 500, when you own 400. Or is it that you actually own both - is it your desire list. Its kinda confusing.

where you bought all the stuf can you give me some phone numbers, i'm too looking for proper treatment in my ht though what i have done is enough for ht treatment but i though why not choose branded stuffs especially for ceiling coz my ceiling is completely vacant

and how the performance of velodyne coz i'm freaky freaky baaaaaaas luver :D

hi manu, the bass response of the velodynes (which i was planning to sell earlier to doing room treatment) has improved very much after doing up the room , and it does shake up the room!! --
i got the whole room done up from the anutone company, the contact person wud be praveen @09845932079 , he cud get u the contact details @ your place

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back