Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

This is what it stood about a couple months ago.
Tweaked it further. Will share pics sometime next week. Cheers!!!
View attachment 35220

Lovely looking setup there, with spot on aesthetics. I was very Interested in JBL studio 590, and read some awesome reviews about them. But in the end, I sadly couldn't find a place in hyderabad to audition them. And didn't want to risk buying blind, as they were monosterous in size :D

Would like to hear them some time for sure...and Iam still smitten with their darth vader looks :)

Lovely looking setup there, with spot on aesthetics. I was very Interested in JBL studio 590, and read some awesome reviews about them. But in the end, I sadly couldn't find a place in hyderabad to audition them. And didn't want to risk buying blind, as they were monosterous in size :D

Would like to hear them some time for sure...and Iam still smitten with their darth vader looks :)

Thank you @newlash09. In all honesty would be the best blind buy anyone would make. Just my opinion. Fabulous piece of gear. Have 2 pairs and I don’t think I would ever get rid of them. Just brilliant.

Thank you @newlash09. In all honesty would be the best blind buy anyone would make. Just my opinion. Fabulous piece of gear. Have 2 pairs and I don’t think I would ever get rid of them. Just brilliant.

Most welcome pavan:)

And thanks for the reassurance on the JBL studio 590 part too. I went to the JBL dealer in Hyderabad, located in jubilee hills. But sadly he only had their Bluetooth speakers and HT combo systems..he wasn't even willing to get one for audition, even when I was definitely and seriously interested.

Subsequently I've gone in a different direction. But it is such a shame, that in our usual speakers discussion, their name is never uttered. And it shows JBL's poor marketing. Honestly i wasn't expecting to find a studio 590 in our forums ever..And Iam happy to see them here finally. Enjoy those great speakers :)

IMG-20190503-WA0000.jpgIMG-20190503-WA0001.jpgThats the internals of a class A amp. If anyone thought the parasound in the background was big. The krell swallows it whole. And still won't look pregnant :)

One huge transformer and 2 beer can sized caps per side :D. Also note those thick wires running everywhere. No visible printed circuit boards anywhere . They would probably melt in the heat.

100 W into 8 ohms, and just keeps doubling as impedance halves, right down to 1600w into 0.5 ohm.

The apogee scintilla speakers used to set amps on fire with their massive impedance drops. This was the amp to tame them. And this put Dan D'agostino on the world map. Brute unflappable power irrespective of speaker or load was what he set out to achieve. And his name is proof of that achievement. Just my 2 cents rant about my amp :D

Last edited:
Class A amp and those heat sinks doesn't gel together with the size from the pics ;)

Not sure what size are those heat sinks

You are very right. These are forced cooled by 2 fans blowing upwards when the amp is running. Adding heat sinks to dissipate that heat passively would have made this amp bigger and heavier. So they employed pfaft fans for cooling. Though subsequent amps went down the passive cooling route with heat sinks .

We live in a rented apartment as my job needs flexibility, haven't been able to set it up the way I would like to in terms of comfort... Wife has been kind enough to have one room exclusive for harboring my passion, she calls this room my mistress :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190704_111855.jpg
    IMG_20190704_111855.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20190704_111911.jpg
    IMG_20190704_111911.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_20190704_111923.jpg
    IMG_20190704_111923.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_20190704_112044.jpg
    IMG_20190704_112044.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 338
My secondary system helps keep the balance when I need a party mode on, mind you it can deliver the goods like most good system, the Pulz ha 400 is a sleeper..And the Jbl fun! Even the Jbl needs bigger room, it has seen and lived-in one in the past and boy it sounded sublime. With this 12 by 10 room, I have two bass traps and couple of absorbers... But as you can sense, not an ideal room. I plan to hang a Jaipur cotton razor in front wall, have observed it is able to cut lot of room vibrations....

We live in a rented apartment as my job needs flexibility, haven't been able to set it up the way I would like to in terms of comfort... Wife has been kind enough to have one room exclusive for harboring my passion, she calls this room my mistress :)
Nice!!
I wouldn't be surprised if the "cannons" whisper the same in your ear.
Cheers,
Raghu

Brilliant! Especially the shelves of music.

Very very nice setup jenson :)

Very happy to know that your understanding wife has let you have a man cave to yourselves. I wasn't so fortunate. So I decided it would be easier to fight with my 10 year old daughter , than pick on my wife, who always seems to start cutting vegetables with a sharp knife whenever I discuss hifi. So end result is that, I have a small nook, in the corner of my daughters bedroom, that I can call my own. The maid does trespass my property every morning, but she's be warned , that if she is seen touching anything, she will go flying out of the balcony.

So I can really understand how important having ones own room is in this hobby. Congratulations again...Iam sure it must be sounding lovely when you are with the mistress :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back