Sides Discolouring on Sony Led TV

Kapeel

Hi,

On my Sony Led TV, the periphery seems to be lightly discoloured on all sides. It's like there is a dust ring about 1/2 inch from the TV bezels. Like I put a small sized screen guard and the sides of the screen guard are collecting dust.

Can someone let me know how to get rid of this discolouration. I have tried wiping it down with a laptop screen cleaner and cloth, but to no avail.

Thanks,
Kapeel

This Might be a screen bleeding issue .. not exactly dust . .. which model you are using .. .As per your statement it seems you have an edgelit LED model.

I think the LED back lights need to be replaced. In case you leave it at that, there are chances of the other regions of the screen getting impacted the same way.

If you are covered, you may contact Sony customer service else get it done through a local "reliable" & "trusted" tech, who can put in the original Sony ones. It would work out economically for you in the latter.

I have read it is a very common problem and is to be expected with all LED screens.

Anyways the TV is 3+ years, so don't think I will spend good money fixing it. It does not bother when I am watching TV with some lights on, just when I am watching a dark scene with lights off, like the new Star Wars movie, it was pretty obvious.

Guess its time for a OLED :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back